Everton v Newcastle - Sat, 1500 GMT, Goodison Park

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 3K
Ouch, time for Krul I guess. I hope that's not a serious shoulder injury... he's clutching his left shoulder

Hopefully Harper's injury is not too serious :'(

Steve Harper looks to have a broken collarbone, could be out for a while, so Forster may be recalled from Celtic.

Just saw ben arfa's goal on a highlight show, was amazing

1-0, Toon played well, Benny was exceptional, and scored an early goal of the season contender. For those who missed the goal, look HERE.

Saw Benny and Tiote, both looked capable, and could be the perfect players in our side.

Could be a blessing in disguise, allows Krul and Forster to go head to head and get some useful experience (trying to be positive), it's not like we'll be reliant on Harper for more than a season or two more.

He's off to hospital for a scan and unfortunately we can't recall Forster apparently http://twitter.com/nufcfans/status/24867215094

Hughton confirms Harper's suffered shoulder ligament damage - no chance of recalling Forster from loan. Delighted with "great team display"

http://twitter.com/Scottwilsonecho/status/24867968524

Could be a blessing in disguise, allows Krul and Forster to go head to head and get some useful experience (trying to be positive), it's not like we'll be reliant on Harper for more than a season or two more.

He's off to hospital for a scan and unfortunately we can't recall Forster apparently http://twitter.com/nufcfans/status/24867215094

Tim Krul has finally got a chance to show the huge potential he has, and push Steve for the no1. Certainly good enough for it, as is Forster from what I have seen.

Premier League ruling means if we need an emergency GK, we have the right to recall, as long as Celtic have adequate cover.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

I will try and dig up the PL ruling for this. Ligament damage could mean 4-6 weeks out, and we only have Krul & Soderberg at the club.

Krul is pretty decent IMO, hopefully he'll push Harper on the bench.

Krul is pretty decent IMO, hopefully he'll push Harper on the bench.

No-one has really seen him play, as he has only played 4 times since joining, but this is his big chance. He may even dislodge Steve as no1 if he performs like he did today.

well i wasen't expecting this result well done Newcastle. Maybe Ben Arfa will find himself at Newcastle like Nico has found himself at Chelsea.

Ben Arfa take a bow son, excellent strike.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

my god its lucky Newcastle won this game because if they didn't i would have gone mad, Everton should of had 2 red cards shocking shocking refereeing.

Completely deserved win for Newcastle, first trip up to Goodison for a year and might be a while longer after that! We were appaling taking nothing away from Newcastle, just lumped it to Fellaini who to be fair one every single header, but had no one to feed or anything. Sylvain Distin was our best player and I HATE the guy so that says it all really. Been very dissapointed with Arteta at the start of this season. Osman terrible again. Not looking good for us. Well played Toon though, thought Barton and Nolan ran the midfield and Coloccini and Williamson were ace at the back.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

If you're talking about the Beckford one, that's bollocks was just late and careless, no more. And well Fellaini shouldn't have reacted how he did, but he should have had two penalties from Williamson impeding him, so it evens itself out.

Back