Everton Vs Arsenal - 14/11/2010

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjack41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 2K

mrjack41

Reaction score
Historically, Everton have the upperhand on the Gunners at Goodison. Victory this afternoon would be a 98th here in all competitions, while an Arsenal triumph would be only their 31st.

David Moyes will be hoping to add a fourth home win to the four defeats and two draws he has witnessed against this afternoon's visitors during his tenure.

Last Meeting

The Blues put in a superb display at the Emirates in January and would have won but for substitute Tomas Rosicky’s deflected injury-time equaliser. Leon Osman put the visitors ahead when he headed in Landon Donovan's corner. Arsenal clawed their way back into the game with a slice of good fortune as Denilson's shot took a deflection off Osman to leave Tim Howard stranded. Steven Pienaar raced clear and dinked the ball over Manuel Almunia to make it 2-1 but Rosicky's shot was deflected in to salvage a draw for Arsenal.

Team News

Everton still have Victor Anichebe (knee) and Leon Osman (ankle) on the sidelines. The Blues will also be without Marouane Fellaini after the midfielder picked up a three-match ban for his red card against Bolton. Arsenal's absentees are Abou Diaby (ankle) and Thomas Vermaelen (achilles), while the game may come too soon for Manuel Almunia (arm).

Key Man

Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas seems to be putting a summer of upheaval behind him and remains the heartbeat of the Arsenal team. Barcelona’s protracted attempts to sign him seemed to have turned his head but the move did not materialise and, as always, the Spaniard will be key to their chances this season. A driving force in the Gunners midfield, the goals and assists flow when Fabregas is at his best.

Goal Threat

Arsenal are a side with goals all over their midfield and forward line so picking out one player is difficult. Marouane Chamakh has adapted well to English football and his two goals against Wolves on Wednesday night took him to five Premier League goals so far this campaign. The Blues will also have to watch out for Samir Nasri and Theo Walcott who each have racked up four league goals already this term.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hoping for a win for both teams in Blue tomorrow. I think (hope) this will end 2-1 to Everton.

Cahill to score off a header beating Fabianski in the air. Walcott (!!!) to equalise

1-1 draw

Everton always perform well against Arsenal for whatever reason. Everton 1-1 Arsenal for me.

Everton v Arsenal (1400 GMT)

Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's game between Everton and Arsenal in the Premier League.

More...

Really? I was under the impression you supported chelsea :O

Its going to be a hard match but I predict 3-1 gunners.

Everton:
Howard, Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Heitinga, Pienaar, Cahill, Saha.

Arsenal:
Fabianski, Sagna, Squillaci, Djourou, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Chamakh.

Really? I was under the impression you supported chelsea :O

Its going to be a hard match but I predict 3-1 gunners.

I like Chelsea(if i can tell this) because:
One of my favourite player, Frank Lampard, plays there.
One of biggest romanian defender, Dan Petrescu, was an icon at Chelsea.
Otherwise, nothing special whith the blues.
Also, for a stranger and for a football fan is difficult not to love Arsenal style of play:)
and don't forget about Cesc Fabregas passe's:)

score:

2-3

Last edited:
My heart just stopped...

My stream seems to be down, got another one Joss?

Last edited:
My heart just stopped...

My stream seems to be down, got another one Joss?

No mine just went as well :(

try this:

http://soccer-portal.org/live-football/england/4439-everton-v-arsenal-live-stream-highlights.html

Two links on the page

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

http://www.atdhe.net/28351/watch-everton-vs-arsenal

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Goallllllllll beauty sagna

First stream works again. Not great quality, but doesn't lag at all.

Was a great strike from Sagna. Really emphatic finish.

Back