• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Goodison Park - Liverpool - Merseyside
When: Saturday 29th January 2011. Kickoff: 12:30 live on ESPN
Competition: E'on FA Cup 4th Round

Everton Team News:
Everton have not yet added to their roll-call in the transfer window, and the influential Steven Pienaar has departed. Pienaar was mostly used a wide midfielder, and this season chiefly down the left with Seamus Coleman on the opposite flank. Now that the South African has quit for White Hart Lane, Victor Anichebe, who made his debut five years ago at the same stage of this competition against the same opposition, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and Leon Osman are in contention after contributing to goals against Liverpool and West Ham.

Mikel Arteta has not returned to his dominant best since regaining fitness, and may play in a deep-lying role this weekend. Five different goalscorers contributed to Everton's passage to the fourth round at Scunthorpe, two of them strikers. A lack of regular goalscorers has prompted the Scots manager to play midfielders as attackers witness his use of Tim Cahill as the withdrawn striker. From there the Aussie has contributed nine goals in all competitions this season, four more than closest teammate Coleman. With the Aussie still away with at the Asia Cup, though, moving Marouane Fellaini upfront might fit the bill.

The 'Sideshow Bob' Belgian has been starting games as a defensive midfielder, although he appears sometimes to lack the awareness of danger required for such a position. His passing from deep can also be quite predictable, and he seems effective playing upfront in Cahill's role. However, when Fellaini moves forward his teammates tend to lump it long, and Chelsea's backline, fresh from snuffing out Kevin Davies, is well drilled in handling an aerial assault.

Frenchman Saha has a decent goalscoring record against Chelsea, having netted four of their last seven against the visitors. However, the Frenchman has suffered a thigh problem, and it was his replacement, Jermaine Beckford, who scored their late equaliser and his first in the Barclays Premier League at the Bridge. Another threat Chelsea need to deal with is Leighton Baines, who each season contributes more assists than any rival defender. This season he has seven already. Elsewhere in defence Phil Jagielka may be back to shore up a centre that has proved susceptible to conceding from crosses of late.

Chelsea Team News:
One of the noteworthy aspects of Monday's win at Bolton was the return to the side and more importantly, to form of Jon Obi Mikel. The Nigerian midfield shield seems to have used the short period of enforced rest to recharge his batteries and soon looked back to his excellent early season form. In fact Nicolas Anelka, Florent Malouda and Jose Bosingwa all looked sharper as Chelsea's powerful pressing game returned after a three-month absence. Perhaps most crucially Didier Drogba looked in better shape than any time since his malaria was diagnosed. That stunning 35-yard opener was his sixth in 11 games against Wanderers.

For once it was easy to forget that the usual hammer of the Trotters, Frank Lampard, was ruled out. The midfielder should return to the squad this weekend. Danny Sturridge has missed some training sessions though. It seems unlikely that Carlo Ancelotti will turn to many younger players for this tough assignment. Two who were involved in the 7-0 rout of Ipswich in the previous round have moved out on loan.

Gaël Kakuta will play for Fulham and former Blue, Mark Hughes, for the remainder of the season, while Patrick Van Aanhot will ply his trade for the same duration at Sven Goran Eriksson's Leicester City.

Everton Stats and Milestones:
  • The Toffees have won four and lost three of their last seven FA Cup ties at home.
  • It is eight games since the Toffees last kept a clean sheet, their only shut out in 14 matches.
  • Everton have won three of their last 14 games in league and cup against Scunthorpe, Tottenham and Man City.
  • On 15th March David Moyes will celebrate nine years in charge of Everton. He is the fourth longest serving manager in league football behind Alex Ferguson (24 years), Arsène Wenger (14 years) and John Coleman, Accrington Stanley (11½ years).
Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • This is the 13th successive season Chelsea have reached the FA Cup fourth round.
  • Chelsea are unbeaten in 14 FA Cup matches. Their last defeat in the competition was at Barnsley three years ago.
  • Chelsea's eighth successive victory at the Reebok on Monday was their first away win since their 2-1 victory at Blackburn at the end of October, ending a run of five defeats and two draws away from Stamford Bridge
  • Frank Lampards next FA Cup goal will be his 22nd for the Blues and will make him the clubs second highest FA Cup scorer behind Bobby Tambling (25). He is currently equal with Roy Bentley on 21.
Everton in the FA Cup:
Winners: 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995
Runners-up: 1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2009
Semi-finalists: 1898, 1905, 1910, 1915, 1931, 1950, 1953, 1969, 1971, 1977, 1980

Chelsea in the FA Cup:
Winners: 1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009, 2010
Runners-up: 1915, 1967, 1994 and 2002
Semi-finalists: 1911, 1920, 1932, 1950, 1952, 1965, 1966, 1996, 2006

Head to Head:
Everton v Chelsea in the FA Cup
1914/15 (at Villa Park)
(SF) Chelsea 2 (Halse, Croal) Everton 0
1928/29
(3) Chelsea 2 (Thompson, Miller) Everton 0
1937/38
(3) Chelsea 0 Everton 1 (Stevenson)
1948/49
(4) Chelsea 2 (Bowie, Williams) Everton 0
1955/56
(5) Everton 1 (Farrell) Chelsea 0
1991/92
(4) Chelsea 1 (Allen) Everton 0
2005/06
(4) Everton 1 (McFadden) Chelsea 1 (Lampard)
(R) Chelsea 4 (Robben, Lampard pen, Crespo, Terry) Everton 1 (Arteta pen)
2008/09
(F) Everton 1 (Saha) Chelsea 2 (Drogba, Lampard)

Chelsea v Everton in all competitions
Games played 160
Chelsea wins 61
Everton wins 49
Draws 50

Head to head in League and Cup at Goodison Park
Games played 76
Chelsea wins 17
Everton wins 35
Draws 24

Biggest win at Goodison Park for each team
Everton 6-0 Chelsea 29/04/1978
Everton 0-3 Chelsea 01/04/1908 and 13/10/1956

Days Since:
Chelsea lost to Everton in a cup competition: 20,069
Everton won the FA Cup: 5,733
Arsenal won a trophy: 2,079
Liverpool won a trophy: 1,722

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

I personly think the game will end in a draw. Either 1-1 or 2-2 and Chelsea will win the replay back at the Bridge.

Last edited:
First time Chelsea are playing a premier league team in FA cup before Semi Finals. Maybe since 3-4 years. Hope Everton wins this.

Bit of a tougher test for Chelsea than they usually recieve in the FA Cup, I expect to see some younger players.. But taking a win on the high of the thrashing of Bolton, but it won't be easy.

Everton 1 (Arteta) - 2 Chelsea (Sturridge & Kalou)

As we are in Meseyside this weekend we could give Torres a lift home lol.

Can't wait for this game, gonna be there cheering on Chelski. Can't wait....Oh, I think Chelsea will win 3-1....

But we'll probably play ****, be 1-0 down for 89 mins before we sneak in an equaliser. Replay

The players will give it their all, but our goalscorers aren't firing on all cylinders, and Arteta still isn't at his best just yet. I'd be more than happy with a 1-1, but my head says 2-1 Chelsea. As long as the players give it their absolute best, that's what I care about most.

This game is tomorrow afternoon surely people have view on it lol.

We seem to up our game against the 'big' teams, and the crowd are really up for it so I believe we can win it, but it depends what side turns up. I'd say 1-0 to either team but probably Chelsea. COYB!

latest score 0-0

come on the toffees !!

I knew we'd make a fist of it, but to lead 1-0 - come on me toffees!!!!!!!!!!

Don't go to this lot Fernando :(

is it 1-0 to Everton?

if so wooop :D

Last edited:
Saha with the goal. We win this I'll be celebrating to the early hours

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

o god-16 mins to go. Gonna be a nervous wreck rest of the match lol

****. 1-1. kalou. Goddammit!!!!!!!!! :mad:

35mill plus anelka for fernando would make me happy.

Everton's ruling in the air. I think they will score once more on header

35mill plus anelka for fernando would make me happy.

I doubt we'd take Anelka, he's far too old to fit into our long-term plan. Besides, he's ****.