CHAMPI2NS
Reaction score
FA Cup 5TH Round
Everton 0 - 1Reading
7:30 Kick Off

efc__1168787212_cahill-sidwell-400.jpg

Team News:

Everton:
Marouane Fellaini (ankle), Tim Cahill (foot) and Jermaine Beckford (groin) will be assessed before Everton finalise their team to face Reading.
Louis Saha, who had a slight hamstring injury, escaped unhurt after crashing his Ferrari into a fence on Sunday.

Reading:
Reading will monitor Shaun Cummings after he was injured at Crystal Palace.
Goalkeeper Adam Federici is out with a knee injury, captain Ivar Ingimarsson is doubtful with a groin problem and Alex Pearce (thigh) remains sidelined.

Head To Head:
This is only the eighth competitive meeting of these clubs. Reading have won one of the previous seven, and have never won at Goodison Park.

Their most recent meetings were in the Premier League between 2006 and 2008, when the Toffees won two, drew one and lost one. That defeat was 1-0 at the Madejski on 18 August 2007.

FA Cup records and best performances
They have been met in the FA Cup.
Their only cup clash came in the League Cup in October 1973, when the Merseysiders prevailed 1-0 at home in a second round tie.

Everton Current Form:
Current form
Looking for back-to-back victories, and their third in five outings (all competitions).
They have won their last two at Goodison Park, and are undefeated in six at home, having won three and drawn three since West Brom's 4-1 Premier League triumph on 27 November.

Reading Current Form:
Shared six goals with Crystal Palace in their last outing, at Selhurst Park on Saturday.
Undefeated in four; having won one and drawn three Championship matches.
Shane Long has scored in each of four of the last five games, while Noel Hunt is looking to net in his fourth consecutive game.

Possible Line Ups:

Everton:

Howard
Neville - Jagielka - Distin - Baines
Coleman - Arteta - Fellaini - Osman
Beckford - Saha.

Reading:

McCarthy
Cummings - Khizanishvili - Mills - Harte
Kebe - Tabb - Leighertwood - McAnuff
Long - Hunt

--
Prediction: 3-1 Everton.

Last edited:
Nice OP, I personaly think Reading could grab a win going 2-1 Reading AET.

Would love to see Everton winning the tie. Come on you Everton..

Always love to see a cupset so i'll go for 2-1 Reading :)

I'm going for a very tricky tie, but Everton to scrape through 1-0. But as this seasons shown-be ready for a potential upset lol

omg omg omg ****!

Everton 0-1 Reading
Mills <3

Please be kidding. It's not 0-1 Reading:O Early April fool?

Please be kidding. It's not 0-1 Reading:O Early April fool?

From BBC

Reading goal: They'll be even happier now. Ian Harte whips over a corner and after Matthew Mills' header is blocked by Leon Osman, the ball falls back to the defender, who takes a touch and slams a volley through a crowd of players and past Tim Howard.

1957: GOAL Everton 0-1 Reading (Mills)

Here we frickin go. We can beat Chelsea, we can beat Sunderland, then BAM! back to reality........

Dont know what is goin on wid us this season but i think we need an investor or i can see us goin down in a few years, sunderland and birmingham have attracted better players than us and can buy them. how much do we spend 250k on a player that sits in the reserves

C'mon Reading, be great if Everton lose after all their fans talking about playing City already!

C'mon Reading, be great if Everton lose after all their fans talking about playing City already!

I've had reservations about this game tbh. Reading are not a bad side and have a good manager. Thats why I never ever dismiss clubs outside the premiership

Any idea who Evertons subs were?

1-1 now? just been told but not confirmed......

forget it. mate was referring to Chelsea v Man Utd game :(

Last edited: