bigmattb28

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering what everyone has got in mind for their saves when FM17 is out? Obviously I’ll be getting the beta and will use Newcastle in it to see whats new and what not. But when the full game is out I plan to wait until there is some databases out before starting my long term save. I am currently on with a LLM and have got down to level 11 in England, league 1 in Scotland and Serie D in Italy although for FM17 I want to go to the same level in England but for Italy I noticed there is a database that goes even lower than Serie D for FM16 so will be using as well if they do it again for FM17 (I'm sure they will) as maybe Scotland again or somewhere I’ve never gone, was thinking Serbia, what do you guys think?

Might give a test run in Spain, as I havent played with them much, but when full is out and patched long term save with Leeds. Also interested in bringing Parma up.

Also maybe with Parma I will give another shot to libero tactics, hope they have made some tactics changes so you use this role more.

What's libero tactics mate? I'll definitely be keeping an eye on PArma on my long term journeyman save on FM17.

At the start of every game I always say I will only do 1 save. Now that I have a server, I will probably do just 1 game on that (as it stays on, in theory the game time will be 1 year by the time FM18 comes out xD). That one will be a journeyman save, and then on my normal PC i will probably do a Liverpool one and a Brighton one.

I will probably do my usual Premier League save (with one of the big clubs), but have been considering trying one of the Eastern European sides for a change as well.

At the start of every game I always say I will only do 1 save. Now that I have a server, I will probably do just 1 game on that (as it stays on, in theory the game time will be 1 year by the time FM18 comes out xD). That one will be a journeyman save, and then on my normal PC i will probably do a Liverpool one and a Brighton one.

If you do leave the game switched on for long periods of time, just make sure that you save your progress regularly. I have an iMac which I generally leave on and that can mean that FM stays open for several days at a time - but it does eventually crash and I have to reload to the last save point. I have taken to saving every time I walk away from the computer now, so it's not such a problem. I think the issue is with Steam rather than my computer, but I might be wrong.

1 save until beta (Maybe a world class team to see How ME works) ends and that my long term save will be with Benfica. ECL will be mine, muahahah.

Undecided if I'm going to buy it yet (which will be first time ever since playing it) but only because my entire game time is being taken up by a certain Blizzard game. I'll definately be trying out the demo though as it would be remiss of me not to.

If you do leave the game switched on for long periods of time, just make sure that you save your progress regularly. I have an iMac which I generally leave on and that can mean that FM stays open for several days at a time - but it does eventually crash and I have to reload to the last save point. I have taken to saving every time I walk away from the computer now, so it's not such a problem. I think the issue is with Steam rather than my computer, but I might be wrong.

Thats because you have a Mac ;)

Ive had my current 2 saves on for a total of 62 days xD

I have a soft spot for IFK Goteborg. I'd like to re-establish them as the best team in Sweden and win the Europa League (Champions League might be a bit too unrealistic with such a relatively small club), then move to England with a former big club playing in the Championship or League One.

Do what I do every year. Wait until Jan when the game becomes playable.

Hey guys,

Just wondering what everyone has got in mind for their saves when FM17 is out? Obviously I’ll be getting the beta and will use Newcastle in it to see whats new and what not. But when the full game is out I plan to wait until there is some databases out before starting my long term save. I am currently on with a LLM and have got down to level 11 in England, league 1 in Scotland and Serie D in Italy although for FM17 I want to go to the same level in England but for Italy I noticed there is a database that goes even lower than Serie D for FM16 so will be using as well if they do it again for FM17 (I'm sure they will) as maybe Scotland again or somewhere I’ve never gone, was thinking Serbia, what do you guys think?

Currently in a save in Holland at the moment with RKC Waalwijk in FM16, which i'm really enjoying managing in Holland, so i'll probably do the same again in FM17!

Really not sure. My go-to clubs for games have become Vitesse, Lokomotiv Moscow, and to a less level, Hull City. Also had games that I've enjoyed with FK Ural and Koln. Really might come down to how the youngsters for those clubs end up rated. And whether Hull City start with some money to spend.

My main aim in fm17 will be to create my own tactics as ive not done that for a while,and a lower league save for sure

the same thing we do every year pinky...try to take over the world, of football manager!

Newcastle, as always haha, then probably a Roma or Fiorentina save

I'm having doubts between these options:

-La Liga:

*Las Palmas: A low budget team that is playing some good football at the start of the league, with a team based almost entirely in their proficient youth system.

*Celta: The revelation team from 15/16 season, they are starting to recover after the departure of their star player, Nolito, to Man.City. They are already playing Europe League so that's some job predone. They also display good football.

-Premier League:

*A middle or middle-high team: Such a Swansea or a West Ham. Interesting teams with nice budgets (while not as big as City, Utd, etc.)

-Championship:

*Fallen giants: Newcastle? Leeds? Nottingham Forest?

*Huddersfield: I heard that their manager was close to Klopp in his Dortmund days and has built a team in order to play a similar football. They are leaders atm so it might be working.

-Random stuff: Scottish League? One of that teams that appear in the "Copa90" youtube channel?

I bought extra RAM, so if I put it all, I'll have 32GB RAM and will be able to load all the world, which makes me wonder if doing yet another journeyman career or as I had planned take a lower league team and try to bring it up to success.

I'm having doubts between these options:

-La Liga:

*Las Palmas: A low budget team that is playing some good football at the start of the league, with a team based almost entirely in their proficient youth system.

*Celta: The revelation team from 15/16 season, they are starting to recover after the departure of their star player, Nolito, to Man.City. They are already playing Europe League so that's some job predone. They also display good football.

-Premier League:

*A middle or middle-high team: Such a Swansea or a West Ham. Interesting teams with nice budgets (while not as big as City, Utd, etc.)

-Championship:

*Fallen giants: Newcastle? Leeds? Nottingham Forest?

*Huddersfield: I heard that their manager was close to Klopp in his Dortmund days and has built a team in order to play a similar football. They are leaders atm so it might be working.

-Random stuff: Scottish League? One of that teams that appear in the "Copa90" youtube channel?

good call bro on the las palmas story,i also plan on a long term save with them