Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad month at all! The league looks really tight at the minute so a win next could push you right into the playoff mix. Please don't quit this story due to lack of support, people will follow eventually. It's a great story, good layout and challenge so just keep it up

Kicked In The Balls
Loan System Faults Exeter Again

Exeter City have once again been pushed out by another silly loan market rule- The rule of having to many players on short term loans- And it means Exeter will lose star player Holmar Eyjolfsson and striker Rhys Murphy. Joe Kinnear and Exeter fans will be furious at the FA's rule.

Joe Kinnear talked through the rule to the Echo & Express- "Well what happens is, we signed Holmar & Rhys on 3 months loans- After that spell has ended, we went to renew both their loans- The only option available to us was renew for 3 months. After initial bidding accepted, and players agreeing terms, the FA Informed us we had exceeded the Short Term Loan Rule- Which is madness seeing as we had these players on short loans before?"

Eyjolfsson has been in great form for the Grecians, leading the back-line and scoring 3 goals. He will be massive loss, as the Grecian Back-Line looks weak without Holmar- Rhys Murphy has made 6 appereances for the Grecians only scoring 1 goal, he won't be a big miss, but he provided good back-up for the Grecians front-line.

Early reports out of St James Park are suggesting that Joe Kinnear will go re-sign the players in January, but can Exeter hold out that long without them?

Place in your views on the loan rule, and will Exeter miss these players, just comment!

Got me hooked mate, Im a sucker for an underdog, the posts are well presented and make for good reading. I think I'll be following, hopefully joey doesnt stretch himself too much that tickers still a bit dodgy ;)

Got me hooked mate, Im a sucker for an underdog, the posts are well presented and make for good reading. I think I'll be following, hopefully joey doesnt stretch himself too much that tickers still a bit dodgy ;)
Thank You Mate.

No plans in place to kill off Kinnear yet ;)

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:45 PM ----------

Noob question- How do you make a poll?

Update later on this evening :)

Noob Answer: Top Right Corner, Thread Tools, Add A Poll :)

I pressed on Thread Tools, but no option to add a poll :(
Thats weird, I added one to mine just last night by clicking thread tools and Add A Poll (Just underneath subscribe)
Well as the dragons say....I'm Out (Not got a scooby doo about why its not working)

October 2010- Reason For Thought

After a brilliant September, Exeter needed to push on in October and show League 1 their ability. Exeter had no reason to be fearful after defeating Colchester & Peterborough, and would surely be looking foward to October.

V Tranmere- Prenton Park- nPower League 1- Win- 1-0 (Sunu) :
Tranmere hadn't won in the league all season, but Exeter were taking nothing for granted. Joe Kinnear even teased Tranmere were "Due a win." Exeter put in another solid performance at the back, and took the win with a scrappy Giles Sunu goal after 32 minutes.
Man of the Match: Scott Golbourne
Attendance: 3943

V Southampton- St Marys- nPower League 1- Loss- 3-0 :
Exeter knew to get anything from this match, it would be difficult- And Exeter didn't help themselves with a poor performance against Southampton. The Grecians backline were leaky, and the frontline didn't scare the Saints defence. An early goal from Guly do Prado set Southampton on their way, Barnard capatilised on poor goalkeeping from Artur Krysiak to make it 2-0 after 38 minutes. Southampton finished the match on 55 minutes after a well worked goal from Morgan Schneiderlin.
Man of the Match: Scot Bennett
Attendance: 22282

V Yeovil- St James Park- nPower League 1- Loss- 5-1 (Stewart) :
Rubbish summed up this match as Exeter were trashed by relegation contenders Yeovil at home. First half goals from Gibson, MacDonald and Williams put Yeovil 3-0 up at the break, Joe Kinnear would be sure to have hammered his players at Half Time. Williams popped up again on the 60th minute to ensure the victory, but Marcus Stewart hammered in 4 minutes later from outside the box. The goal was to count for nothing though, Andy welsh was played through on the 85th minute he slotted home. A Shocking Exeter performance, Joe Kinnear locked his players in the dressing room for 45 minutes after the match- Kinnear and the fans won't be letting this go easily.
Man of the Match: Marcus Stewart
Attendance: 6947

V Bristol Rovers- Memorial Stadium- nPower League1- Win- 4-1 (Nardiello, Stewart, Harley & Logan) :
Exeter put in double hard work on the training ground after being trashed by Yeovil, and put in double the performance against Bristol Rovers to ensure victory. Exeter took the lead after 9 minutes, Giles Sunu crossed for Daniel Nardellio to head home into an empty net. Marcus Stewart scored in Exeter's last name, and he doubled Exeter's tally after 28 minutes. Cozic working hard on the edge of the area, for Stewart to once more smash home a wonderful goal. Exeter were playing with confidence- Shown by their free flowing and attacking football. Ryan Harley hit home an amazing 40 yard free-kick- His first of the season. John Akinde made the most of a poor Scot Golbourne back-pass to get one back for Bristol Rovers but Richard Logan scored his first of the season, after heading in from a Shephard free-kick. Exeter's best performance of the season, the playoff chase was back on.
Man of the Match: Ryan Harley
Attendance: 6571

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXuY2JKgMGk"]YouTube - Bristol Rovers vs Exeter - Harley Goal 57th minute[/ame]

This truely was an un-even month for the Grecians. 2 wins and 2 losses, and it ment the Grecians were still banging on the door of the playoffs- Just 2 points off 6th place. Exeter's defeat against Yeovil won't be pushed out of fans memorys too quickly, but the smashing victory against Bristol Rovers has done enough to cover it. Performances haven't been the best from some induvials, but Exeter will hope Ryan Harley's goal will kick-start his season.

The Tactics Corner- Well Joe Kinnear does like changing his tactics, doesn't he? Kinnear changed to a basic 4-4-2 ahead of Exeter's visit to Southampton- It didn't work. The dodgey back-line, along with a shakey goalkeeper were purely outclassed. As they were again against Yeovil. Exeter look like they are missing star performer Holmar Eyjolfsson.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grecians In Brief
A Monthly Round-Up of Events
- Exeter have been drawn against Blue Square South side Farnborough in the FA Cup 1st Round. The tie will take place on November 6th, at St James Park.

- Oscar Moens has took the number 1 goalkeeping spot from Artur Krysiak. Joe Kinnear confirmed the change was because of Krysiak's recent poor form.

- Troy Archibald-Henville and David Noble are both still on the Exeter injury-list. Both will be looking to return in the new year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking Ahead- November 2010.
The playoff push continues for Exeter, as they are still going strong 3 months into the season. Its expected November will provided easier opposition for the Grecians, a good chance of sneaking into the top 6 ahead of Christmas. Exeter start their month against 17th placed Rochdale, at home. A Match they will be expecting to win. Then its against Farnborough in the FA Cup 1st Round, another home win expected- And probably with ease. Its then strugglers Brentford away, and Exeter will be fancying their chances.Notts County then travel to St James Park. Exeter finish the month against 18th placed Brighton, once again a winnable match. If Exeter defeat Farnborough, they will end the month with a 2nd round tie. Home form will be the key.

Predictions From BBC Football-
Exeter 2 - 0 Rochdale
Exeter 4 - 0 Farnborough
Brentford 1 - 1 Exeter
Exeter 1 - 1 Notts County
Exeter 2 - 1 Brighton
The Playoff Push Continues!

Please Enjoy the video & table provided- If your reading, comment! Improvments, and Suggestions are always welcome!

Not the best month but the last result may help to keep you in the sniff for a play off spot. Long time to go yet though!

NB - I believe polls cannot be added after a thread is created, but only when you are starting a thread

Not the best month but the last result may help to keep you in the sniff for a play off spot. Long time to go yet though!

NB - I believe polls cannot be added after a thread is created, but only when you are starting a thread
Very long time to go yet- We've made an impressive start, but I'm worried over the last month, I don't want to start 'Losing' the momentium and points. I am confident of a good November though

And ty for info on the polls ;)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Anymore comments on October?

Not the worst month you could have had mate, you're sitting pretty in there and one good consistent month should see you really in the mix, keep it up.

Kinnear Ready To Improve Squad
Key Area's Highlighted for January.

Joe Kinnear has confirmed today he will be looking to improve his squad, ahead of the January Transfer Window. Kinnear held a 3 hour meeting with members of the Exeter Fans Trust and his assistants, to talk about area's for improvment and potential targets. The Echo & Express also understand there was discussions about improving St James Park, in the event of a promotion.

It is expected Exeter will be looking for a Centre Back in January. After Holmar Eyjolfsson's loan expired, Exeter are missing a strong character at the back. Exeter will also be on the look out for an attacking midfielder, which opens the exit door for Chris Shephard. A Centre Midfielder and a Left Winger could also be on Kinnear's target list, but no names have been touted yet.

Part of Kinnear's meeting was also discussing a possible promotion to the nPower Championship. If Exeter were to be promoted, its expected there would be an expansion of St James Park. Nothing has been made official, and of course Exeter are not expected to be promoted this season.

Its exciting times for the Devon club, and fans messageboard ExeWeb has been full of fans discussing potential new targets and even talks about a St James Park expansion. Only time will tell who will be coming and going for Exeter, and if St James Park will be given an expansion.

very good, i have enjoyed it. Seems like a great league you can lose 5-1 in one match then 5 days later win 4-1, very very exciting, keep it up :)

very good, i have enjoyed it. Seems like a great league you can lose 5-1 in one match then 5 days later win 4-1, very very exciting, keep it up :)
Exactly what League 1 is about. On the day, anybody can beat anybody and anybody can be fighting for a top 6 spot. Thats what I love about Lower League Football.

November 2010- Hope

November was all about hope for Exeter. Matches which were all winnable, matches that could see Exeter put down a marker in the top 6, and start a cup run. The eyes of League 1, were starting focus on Exeter...

V Rochdale - St James Park- nPower League 1- Win 2-1 (Sunu & Logan) :
Exeter started their month, by scrapping past lower table opposition. After 30 minutes, Giles Sunu picked up Scot Golbourne's long ball, to stroke home. Akpa Akpro's cross, was spilled by keeper Oscar Moens, Jack Redshaw tapped in- Rochdale were level at Half Time. Giles Sunu's run and cross, was poked home by Richard Logan in stoppage time and Exeter secured a lucky 3 points.

V Farnborough- St James Park- FA Cup 1st Round- Loss 2-0 :
Exeter were shocked by lower league opposition for the 2nd time in 2 years. Exeter were by far the better opposition in the 1st half, and were unlucky not to score. Farnborough seen the weakness in Exeter, and attacked the Grecians in the 2nd half. Goals from Gary Holloway and Kezie Ibe, give Farnborough their famous victory and place in the 2nd round of the FA Cup.

V Brentford- Griffin Park- nPower League 1- Win 2-0 (Legge OG & Sunu) :
Exeter continued good league form, away against strugglers Brentford. Leon Legge put past his own keeper after 16 minutes, giving Exeter a perfect start. The game was finished off when Giles Sunu's dazzling run on 68 minutes, was finished off from his shot. Exeter's FA Cup blip was out the system, and the playoff chase went on.

V Notts County- St James Park- nPower League 1- Win 1-0 (Nardiello) :
Exeter went 4 matches unbeaten in League 1, after Daniel Nardiello's 52nd minute, turn and shot on the edge of the area. Exeter's defence were strong once more, Exeter were proving playoff credentials.

V Brighton- St James Park- nPower League 1- Loss 6-0 :
Exeter's inconsistency popped up again, this time against Brighton. Tom Brighton scored 3, Kazenga Lua-Lua scored 2 and Chris Holroyd scored the other. Exeter were trashed- And not for the first time this season. This will be Joe Kinnear's biggest worry in Exeter's promotion push- Exeter's defence has been considerably worse since losing Holmar Eyjolfsson.

Exeter's November was inconsistent. As every other month has been. The premature exit from the FA Cup, will be a worry for Joe Kinnear- But he insists an FA Cup exit, has its positive- He wants to focus on the league. A New defender will be needed for Exeter, after their 6-0 drubbing from Brighton. Positive wins against Rochdale, Brentford & Notts County will need building on but Exeter must cut out the heavy losses.

I have to pop out now, so December 2010 Preview & News Storys from Exeter, will be posted then.
Please comment :)

I must say, that goal from Harley was very very special.

This is a really interesting read mate, keep it up. Is there really a player called Tom Brighton that plays for Brighton?

This is a really interesting read mate, keep it up. Is there really a player called Tom Brighton that plays for Brighton?
Yeah- I found it odd! I posted a screeny of his transfer on the funny and random things thread :p
I'm going out my Nans tomorrow, so there won't be any update until late on news year day or 2nd of January- Apologizes for the slow moving of this story!

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Extra Policing On Hand For Devon Derby
250 Officers On Hand To Support City

Devon & Cornwall police have confirmed that 250 officers, will be present at the Devon Expressway Derby match between Exeter City and Plymouth Argyle. It will be the first time in 9 years, the two rivals, will have met in the league and their is sure to a fiesty atmopshere around St James Park. No previous violence has been recorded between the two teams, but extra officers are in as a precautionary measure.

Devon & Cornwall police have released the following statement: "We today inform, that 250 uniformed officers, will be at St James Park for the match against Plymouth Argyle. This is positive action against any violence that may break-out, between fans. We want to make this game, remembered for the football. I can assure you, this match will be no less fan-friendly than any others."

Exeter City have warned any Plymouth Argyle fans attempting to sit in the home section, will be ejected from the ground. Exeter have also reminded fans any flares, fireworks or other explosive material will not be allowed into the ground. Manager Joe Kinnear has urged both sets of supporters, to enjoy the game but keep violence out of it.

Fans are being told, not to drink before the match, in a measure to stamp out drunk and disordly behaviour from fans. Any violence from sets of fans, could result in fines for both clubs or the fixture at Home Park, to be played behind closed doors.

Nice update there, building up the derby tension and excitement nicely (well, in me anyway!)

Status
Not open for further replies.