F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

Haven't you said it's a meaningless friendly like 10 times?

For me it is. only interested in the performance not the result (though would be happy if he win, disappointed if we lose but not overly so in either way)

league game it'd be very different

For me it is. only interested in the performance not the result (though would be happy if he win, disappointed if we lose but not overly so in either way)

league game it'd be very different

Then it's not really meaningless, is it? ;)

What does that have to do with Stockport?
its a nickname for city, originating in the amounts of city fans in stockport, infact stockport is the town with the highest percentage of city fans in the world, not manchester

Big mistake from City in the second half IMO. Sitting back in a derby is never a good idea - especially against Utd. You know the other team a) Will do absolutely anything/everything to get back into the game, and/or b) have the quality to do so.

Tbh - City's tactics of "sit back and rough them up" have largely failed in general. Utd have got their heads down and played football, City have been more interested in it being a derby. 2 fairly lucky goals against the run of play but as soon as Utd were level, City's heads just dropped.

its a nickname for city, originating in the amounts of city fans in stockport, infact stockport is the town with the highest percentage of city fans in the world, not manchester

Where do you get all of these *ahem* facts from?
Big mistake from City in the second half IMO. Sitting back in a derby is never a good idea - especially against Utd. You know the other team a) Will do absolutely anything/everything to get back into the game, and/or b) have the quality to do so.

Tbh - City's tactics of "sit back and rough them up" have largely failed in general. Utd have got their heads down and played football, City have been more interested in it being a derby. 2 fairly lucky goals against the run of play but as soon as Utd were level, City's heads just dropped.

I completely agree. I don't know how many times I've seen Man Utd come back after the other team packs down in defense. Big mistake and I don't know why they did it.

Last edited:
Captain Rafael..**** off Evra. When you are taken off just go and take your seat..

Been suprised at just how well the midfield has coped TBH. normally the kind of midfieldwe struggle with. A fully fit and fresh Anderson has been the difference IMO

Rooney or Young oldest player on the pitch for us.. Wow.. So much talent..

I hate Adam Johnson coming on as a sub.. Much better player as a impact sub..