F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

I think this'll be the first and last match thread I read this season... The immaturity levels are an absolute joke.

Shame, because every so often people actually post insightful analysis of the game instead of the winding up drivel that takes over the thread. Ah well.

Smashing game though. Great start to the season. Man Utd deserved winners too.

This is why i'm such a **** when it comes to match day infractions, the sheer retardness of some people

I just want to say one thing about Anderson and that is how disgraceful it was when he started crying after Dzeko attempted a tackle.

OK It was late but it wasnt dirty and he didnt set out to hurt Anderson so why get up and try to act hard. Balotelli does the same and gets abuse for it and rightly so but I just think Anderson is too much of a moaner to be consistent over a season

I just want to say one thing about Anderson and that is how disgraceful it was when he started crying after Dzeko attempted a tackle.

OK It was late but it wasnt dirty and he didnt set out to hurt Anderson so why get up and try to act hard. Balotelli does the same and gets abuse for it and rightly so but I just think Anderson is too much of a moaner to be consistent over a season

Very true but did you see Yaya Toure's blatant insane dive just before Baloteilli started crying over Nani's tackle

Yeah, think he overreacted a lot, but there was some downright silly play all game, especially with some of the challenges flying in. Still, was so impressed by Anderson today and for the rest of pre-season, surprised ZM didn't pick up on him.

Dont think there is much to say about it. Dzeko came in from behind, anderson thought he tried to take him out (not a bad tackle btw) and stood in his face, Dzeko then shoves him when he doesnt need to(which you dont mention)

hardly disgraceful, just very silly from both, but not even remotely comparable to Balotelli

I think "crying" and "act hard" are a bit harsh. I think Anderson just doesn't want to get injured. The pushing was idiotic though.

I hate the sentance "act hard".

Nani is McDonalds' man of the match, I want a McDonalds now..

bull.****. You expect me to believe that more people in Stockport own a season ticket at City than the whole of Manchester? Yeah okay then..
He said a higher percentage and he's not lying about the report, although it was based on data from 2001 when City were still at Maine road. He also didn't mention all the other findings from the report.
The highest percentage of MCFC season ticket holders in Greater Manchester were from the postal code SK8 which is in Stockport.
http://www.e-space.mmu.ac.uk/e-space/bitstream/2173/12506/1/seasonticketreport%20-%20brown1.pdf

Even if it was a glorified friendly it's hard not to celebrate after coming back from 2-0 down and putting in such a great performance with such a young team for much of the second half. Good to see a lot of Anderson love in this thread, too.

If anyone in that game was trying to act 'ard, it was Balotelli. Squaring up to Vidic? Biggest mismatch. Ever.

I feel for Mancini, he has done nothing but the best for Balotelli, who is clearly a troubled person, as opposed t just being a **** as people are quick to think, but Balotelli is putting little effort in

I feel for Mancini, he has done nothing but the best for Balotelli, who is clearly a troubled person, as opposed t just being a **** as people are quick to think, but Balotelli is putting little effort in
Really wonder what's in his head o_O

Indeed, will be interesting to see if it pays off in a few years, think Balotelli at least began to show some sort of responsibility towards the end of the season.

I think both of them squaring up to the others was stupid cos in both "squabbles" there was only going to be one winner. The tankish eastern European. the push from Dzeko I feel was more needed than the rest of it. He didnt look for a fight he just pushed the other guy away. Either way it was part of that 15-20 minute spell (only watched the extended highlights so not sure on timings) of diving/playacting and downright stupidity that made me embarrassed to watch the sport.

Im just sick of how football is turning out

Had a bet on this game that City would be winning at HT but United would win the match. Won me a cool 220 quid from a 10 pound stake :) IMO City were dissapointing. Since everyone is doing a manchester XI mine would have to be:

Hart

Rafael
Kompany
Vidic
Evra

De jong
Carrick

Silva
Rooney
Nani

Aguero

Had a bet on this game that City would be winning at HT but United would win the match. Won me a cool 220 quid from a 10 pound stake :) IMO City were dissapointing. Since everyone is doing a manchester XI mine would have to be:

Hart

Rafael
Kompany
Vidic
Evra

De jong
Carrick

Silva
Rooney
Nani

Aguero

Wait, someone that didn't even set foot on the pitch all match? Would swap him for Dzeko.

"TBH I try my hardest not to argue with him" -
XD If you tried you wouldn't argue, it's not exactly rocket science to sit there and NOT type, is it?

You seem to argue with everyone and everyone seems to think you're a massive ****, me included.

Well, that was my opinion month ago. But now, Mike seems to be really cool ( I dare to say nice) guy who's willing to help. Now I have new nemesis, Redrup... he gave me 5 points for spam... bad move Red, bad move :wub:
And ps. I hate your font... :)

Last edited:
"TBH I try my hardest not to argue with him" - XD If you tried you wouldn't argue, it's not exactly rocket science to sit there and NOT type, is it?

You seem to argue with everyone and everyone seems to think you're a massive ****, me included.

Oh really, behave. I sure as **** don't want someone making crass comments like that when they have no idea of what I think of anyone. Rather than degrading someone on a match thread, any making yourself look rather silly, and if you really have to do it, better off doing it by PM. Or better still, don't waste time typing about it.

PMS? You say my life is sad when you take such offense to a joke on an internet forum. Pretty pathetic IMO.

Lol, who the **** took offense. I quoted him so instead of quoting me he sent a PM. You are so so boring.. off...

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

People underestimate pre-season but it makes such a huge difference, there was a reason why Wenger for example was adamant that Wilshere had a proper pre-season. Anderson-Sneijder would be :wub:

This. The reason why I wanted Anderson no to be part of Copa.. He hardly had any preseason or when he had (Once) he was injured when the season started. Massive season for him..

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

One of the main reason Baloteli signed for City is Mancini. They have/had good relationship from their Inter days.. Many thought that working under Mancini again might change him, which hasn't happened till now. Have to feel bad for him. Mancini has protected him from media spot light so many times Balotelli is not doing him any favors..

Jose couldn't, looks like Mancini can't. Wonder who can change his attitude..

Wait, someone that didn't even set foot on the pitch all match? Would swap him for Dzeko.
#

Was it supposed to be a team of just players that played in that match? My mistake if it was :$