F.A Community Shield- Manchester Utd vs Manchester City

"TBH I try my hardest not to argue with him" - XD If you tried you wouldn't argue, it's not exactly rocket science to sit there and NOT type, is it?

You seem to argue with everyone and everyone seems to think you're a massive ****, me included.

No sometimes you have to reply for few comments.

Thanks for talking on behalf of base.. I dont even know you Mr X..

"TBH I try my hardest not to argue with him" - XD If you tried you wouldn't argue, it's not exactly rocket science to sit there and NOT type, is it?

You seem to argue with everyone and everyone seems to think you're a massive ****, me included.

Lol...XD

My only problem was when Roberto took Mario off for Barry. He lost the game in that one movement for me, still was always considered a meaningless friendly if you lost; and a 'marker' if you win. What's clear so far IMO is Milner's not good enough and Cerci can't come quick enough. Very, very, overrated player James Milner IMO. Was a decent game to watch both teams tried to keep the tempo high, De Gea's been getting a bit of unfair stick for the goals as well...

Decent game of football for the first game and although City were 2-0 up as soon as Smalling scored there was always only going to be one winner. Utd more in the 2nd half with the young lads looked good in all areas today but.......... The keeper!!!! I said when they signed him it was a huge gamble especially as there is no VDS to back him up, i thought it would make more sence if they bought him in last season to work with VDS for a season. I have to judge him on Utd's last keeper and personly i think if VDS was in goal for Utd today then they would have kept a cleansheet without a doubt. Its a fact you cannot win the PL without a world class keeper and this man needs to hit the ground running and today it didnt look great (if you support Utd). Away from that Utd did look good in other areas especially the young lads in the 2nd half, will be a very intresting season i believe.

Decent game of football for the first game and although City were 2-0 up as soon as Smalling scored there was always only going to be one winner. Utd more in the 2nd half with the young lads looked good in all areas today but.......... The keeper!!!! I said when they signed him it was a huge gamble especially as there is no VDS to back him up, i thought it would make more sence if they bought him in last season to work with VDS for a season. I have to judge him on Utd's last keeper and personly i think if VDS was in goal for Utd today then they would have kept a cleansheet without a doubt. Its a fact you cannot win the PL without a world class keeper and this man needs to hit the ground running and today it didnt look great (if you support Utd). Away from that Utd did look good in other areas especially the young lads in the 2nd half, will be a very intresting season i believe.

He's 20. Making his debut. For Manchester United. At Wembley. In a local derby. He can be forgiven for some nerves in the circumstances, his talent is undoubted and he showed a lot of it today excusing the 2nd goal.

He's 20. Making his debut. For Manchester United. At Wembley. In a local derby. He can be forgiven for some nerves in the circumstances, his talent is undoubted and he showed a lot of it today excusing the 2nd goal.

This.

Also, the other keeper many people wanted to sign (Neuer), made a big mistake today which lost the game for Bayern.

He has alot of potential but its a massive gamble thats my point.

This.

Also, the other keeper many people wanted to sign (Neuer), made a big mistake today which lost the game for Bayern.

Neuer is under huge pressure at Bayern much more than De Gea at Utd. The Bayern fans dislike him because of his links to Schalke and i believe im right in saying he had to agree to a list of things the supportes sent to the club!!

Neuer is under huge pressure at Bayern much more than De Gea at Utd. The Bayern fans dislike him because of his links to Schalke and i believe im right in saying he had to agree to a list of things the supportes sent to the club!!

Yeah, I saw that! He is never to approach the ultra's end, or kiss the Bayern badge. It's not the supporters though, just a section of the ultras.

Yeah, I saw that! He is never to approach the ultra's end, or kiss the Bayern badge. It's not the supporters though, just a section of the ultras.

That's insane about Neuer!

It's a gamble, yes, but in my opinion and many others a gamble worth making. He's 20, if he has a good season I'd be more than delighted. One thing he did prove today is he didn't dwell on the mistake. The flight of the free-kick on the first was the reason City scored, not De Gea, but he did pull off a good save from Johnson, although in the second half he didn't have much to do.

... Today's game showed many things!

Altough I am not by far the biggest fan of Man U and Ferguson, only someone blind or stupid can say they are not the best team in England, City has the best set of players, United has the better TEAM.
And altough he has nothing to prove, Fergie was brilliant once again, those three changes turned the game inside out , this is the power of a project, as long as City has Mancini, they will NEVER win the Prem again, EVER!

Aww.... What a sad life..

BTW Joe sent a PM to explain what he meant.

PMS? You say my life is sad when you take such offense to a joke on an internet forum. Pretty pathetic IMO.

Last edited:
City don't have the better set of players :S Can't speak for everyone but I'd only take Yaya, Silva & Aguero from that team...maybe Hart if De Gea flopped.

City don't have the better set of players :S Can't speak for everyone but I'd only take Yaya, Silva & Aguero from that team...maybe Hart if De Gea flopped.

I'd take Tevez if he wasn't such a **** and maybe Kompany instead of Ferdinand? But Ferdinand has been so important to United over the years but in a purely hypothetical sutiation I would take Kompany over him tbh.

I rekon Utd would take De Jong too.