FA Chairman quits in FIFA protest

Honestly, great OP. Really informative.

Please post more than just a link. Give some back ground and then a link yah?

Not really much I can add to that article. It speaks for itself.

This was confirmed last night..

He's not going to run for the permanent position in protest to FIFA. Although somehow, I don't think FIFA give a ****.

Mm... Don't think this will many much, if any, difference to FIFA.

Why would FIFA care about the English FA anyway?

Not really much I can add to that article. It speaks for itself.

Sigh, just post a snippet of the article then? say the 1st paragraph?

Either way, I don't see what effect this will have on Fifa, or why they will even care.

If we want to worry FIFA we need to pull out.

Agreed probably not but ... He sounds like an honourable guy so I think as the article implies it does speak volumes of the feelings that many people have over the decision.

ye FIFA really couldn't give a ****. Most of them are still basking in the money they have been given by Russia and Qatar ;)

if England (and other countries) want to make a protest that FIFA *might* take notice of, then they should boycott the 2018 and 2022 World Cups completely, including the qualifying campaigns...

just imagine if the most of the world's best teams, Spain, Portugal, Holland, England, Ireland, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, etc... DIDN'T take part in the competitions...

there wouldn't be much of a competition... and there is a kind of precedent from the Moscow Olympics in 1980 (I think it was '80?)

if England (and other countries) want to make a protest that FIFA *might* take notice of, then they should boycott the 2018 and 2022 World Cups completely, including the qualifying campaigns...

just imagine if the most of the world's best teams, Spain, Portugal, Holland, England, Ireland, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, etc... DIDN'T take part in the competitions...

there wouldn't be much of a competition... and there is a kind of precedent from the Moscow Olympics in 1980 (I think it was '80?)

Whereas that would really put FIFA in their place I don't think it will ever happen. Could you imagine the uproar from people here if England said they would not take part in the world cup? It would be crazy! Also the players want to play in the world cup so I don't think they would want to boycott it. For some players it could be their one and only chance to play in a world cup. Also a plan like this needs all the countries you listed to take part in it too, which I can't see happening. I agree with your idea but unfortunately I just can't see it happening

If we want to worry FIFA we need to pull out.

If we want to make ourselves look like retards and put ourselves in the **** we need to pull out, you mean. Even if we did pull out, what can FIFA do?
The World Cup isn't going to England, that cannot be changed now. If England pull out, FIFA lose a fairly average team, but England lose any chance of winning anything, ever again.
England pulling out is a much, much bigger loss to England than it is to FIFA, and if FIFA hate England as much as people say (I decided the WC didn't come here because we were slagging them off on a massive scale days before the vote, therefore why would they want to vote for us? Rather than not getting the votes because FIFA hate us) then why would they give a **** if England pulled out in the first place?

Whereas that would really put FIFA in their place I don't think it will ever happen. Could you imagine the uproar from people here if England said they would not take part in the world cup? It would be crazy! Also the players want to play in the world cup so I don't think they would want to boycott it. For some players it could be their one and only chance to play in a world cup. Also a plan like this needs all the countries you listed to take part in it too, which I can't see happening. I agree with your idea but unfortunately I just can't see it happening

no, it probably will never happen... but if you want change then you have to FORCE it. Best way, imho, is to do what I suggested...

or even what Ken Bates suggested which is pretty similar and something I'd thought about... like Boxing has 4 World bodies, why does Football only have one, and a shambolic one at that!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20101203/united-chairman-calls-for-fifa-break-away_2247585_2236291

ken bates opinion love him or hate him what he says makes alot of sense....

hate to agree with a Leeds fan/Chairman but he talks sense...

If we want to make ourselves look like retards and put ourselves in the **** we need to pull out, you mean. Even if we did pull out, what can FIFA do?
The World Cup isn't going to England, that cannot be changed now. If England pull out, FIFA lose a fairly average team, but England lose any chance of winning anything, ever again.
England pulling out is a much, much bigger loss to England than it is to FIFA, and if FIFA hate England as much as people say (I decided the WC didn't come here because we were slagging them off on a massive scale days before the vote, therefore why would they want to vote for us? Rather than not getting the votes because FIFA hate us) then why would they give a **** if England pulled out in the first place?

Haha, are you kidding?

We pull out and refuse to re-enter until Sepp Blatter is removed. Simples. I am sure Spain, Portugal, Germany would all follow and if we did make sure they would follow us before-hand it could work very much in our favour.

FIFA don't lose an average team. They lose a team with a huge amount of potential. A team with some of the best players in the world. Not to mention some of the best young players in the world. England, as per usual, has the potential to be one of the best footballing nation in a few years time. If I was FIFA, I dunno, I kinda wouldn't want to lose that.

Not to mention the fact the Premier League is the best league in the world...

That's why FIFA would give a **** if we pulled out. We're the motherland of football, we own the greatest league in the world, we've got more power than any league in the world. And just because you've decided that's the reason we didn't get the votes, that's your opinion. The media have virtually confirmed that it wasn't because of that, it was actually because of the BBC Panorama, and the media in general.

FIFA would lose far, far more than you imagine.

I'm not sure quitting was the best course of action, surely it'd be better if he still ran for permanent chairman on the promise of battling FIFA? At least then he could cause some form of uprising against Blatter, instead of doing very little.

That's why FIFA would give a **** if we pulled out. We're the motherland of football, we own the greatest league in the world, we've got more power than any league in the world.

Sigh, this is why every other footballing nation hates us and our 'devine right' to hold the World Cup.

Look, Russia won, get over it, nothing we do is going to change it.

Sigh, this is why every other footballing nation hates us and our 'devine right' to hold the World Cup.

Usually, although tell me if I'm wrong, the country with the best bid should win? Don't know if I'm being mad here though.

Look, Russia won, get over it, nothing we do is going to change it.

Alright, then. I'll sit back and let FIFA hand the future World Cups out to Dubai, UAE etc etc.

Let's all just sit back and let FIFA ruin the greatest spectacle in football.

Let's all just sit back and let the corruption continue.