FA Chairman quits in FIFA protest

Usually, although tell me if I'm wrong, the country with the best bid should win? Don't know if I'm being mad here though.

Meh. Personally I would rather other countrys had a chance at hosting the world cup if they have never done it before, if it was 'the country with the best bid should win' then we would just bid every time, because we have the best infrastructure/stadiums/fans, we would win it every time.

Alright, then. I'll sit back and let FIFA hand the future World Cups out to Dubai, UAE etc etc.

Let's all just sit back and let FIFA ruin the greatest spectacle in football.

Let's all just sit back and let the corruption continue.

Who do you think you are? Robbin Hood?

I don't see how giving Russia the chance to host the World Cup is 'FIFA ruin the greatest spectacle in football', I am sure they will do a good job of it, South Africa did, when so many people had doubts about that.

The issue is that corruption is rife all over the world, not just within Fifa, and I hardly see how England pulling out of Fifa would do us any favours? So, in the future, we wouldn't be able to play or host any World cups? Likely Fifa would ban us from playing against any teams that are within Fifa, so we would end up playing.. urm.. Greenland? I don't think Germany would leave Fifa because we did, why would they? The same can be said about Spain and Portugal, who have also been accused of trading votes with Qutar so they won the 2018 vote, although that seems to have failed.

We might aswell not have a national team if we pull out of Fifa.

if England (and other countries) want to make a protest that FIFA *might* take notice of, then they should boycott the 2018 and 2022 World Cups completely, including the qualifying campaigns...

just imagine if the most of the world's best teams, Spain, Portugal, Holland, England, Ireland, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, etc... DIDN'T take part in the competitions...

Ireland?? One of the worlds best teams?? If you say so!! <)

We're going slightly skew wiff here. It isn't the fact that we didn't win the vote. It's the way it's been done that's left a bitter taste with most people I think. I certainly feel that way. Russia is run by the Maffia there mostly so it's a victory for organised crime really :S.

On another note - We have the Commonwealth Games. Why don't we stop putting money in all over the place to help develop football and put it in to commonwealth countries instead and bring them up to scratch. Then maybe run a seperate tournament to the W C and show 'em how it should be done.

Last edited:
Ireland?? One of the worlds best teams?? If you say so!! <)

if it hadn't been for Thierry Henry playing Basketball it could quite possibly have been Ireland and not France in South Africa...

Ireland under Trappatoni are a ****** good team... and they'd beat England any day... (wouldn't be hard though, cos all England do is turn up expecting to win and forget they actually have to PLAY the game!)

(yeah, I support Ireland over England... maybe because I'm Irish huh? ;) )

Haha, are you kidding?

We pull out and refuse to re-enter until Sepp Blatter is removed. Simples. I am sure Spain, Portugal, Germany would all follow and if we did make sure they would follow us before-hand it could work very much in our favour.

I doubt any of those countries would follow suit.

reading some of you guy's post's makes me feel glad Russia beat you to the 2018 WC.

only Dunc seems to know the score...he handles the snub with dignity, SHAME ON THE REST OF YOU PEEPS!!!

The only real concern voiced about the Russia WC is that one of the venues is 1500 miles from another. A week on a train and you arrive there.

Should be an interesting WC. The Qatar bid about building stadia/facilities, then dismantling and shipping them to 3rd world countries is a really good thing.