• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson is charged with improper conduct by the Football Association for comments made about referee Howard Webb.

More...

******* joke. Die FA.

And people think FA is our puppet.

Die FA Die. You can't become anymore joke now..

What the **** is going on with football...
He made positive comments about Webb before the match and yet still gets charged. Just stupid.

Read the article first please. You'd realize that this is different from the other one.

Can you plz post the article, as i cannot open BBC links from work..

Baconface deserves all this. He spoke about the refree and said: "We are getting the best referee and we hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

It's not very negative. But you are not allowed to talk about refrees...and that last part is not very good thing to say.

It's harsh i know..but do you see other managers talking about refrees?

Baconface deserves all this. He spoke about the refree and said: "We are getting the best referee and we hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

It's not very negative. But you are not allowed to talk about refrees...and that last part is not very good thing to say.

This. I'm sure there's a word for disguising insults as a compliment, I just call it being a ****. SAF is always trying to play referee mind games, and the FA has stepped in. He brings it on himself imo

Moyes talked about ref before FA Cup semi finals in 2008-09.

Rafa's rant has so many points about ref.

There are so many managers who talk about Ref before game. SAF is neither first nor the last one.

HAHA

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association for comments about referee Howard Webb.

The comments in question were made in the build-up to the 2-1 Premier League win over Chelsea on 8 May.

Even though Ferguson spoke positively about Webb, he broke FA rules which state that no manager should speak about a referee prior to a match.

The Old Trafford club's manager has until 1600 BST on 16 May to respond.

Ferguson's side won the match last Sunday against Chelsea 2-1 to move within a point of securing a record 19th title with two games to spare.

But, two days before a game which could have resulted in Chelsea overtaking them at the top-flight summit had the Blues won, Ferguson spoke about Webb at his news conference.

"We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that," he said at the time.

"But (getting a bad decision) is definitely our big fear.

"We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

Ferguson only recently returned to the dug-out aftyer a five-game ban and £30,000 fine for his criticism's of referee Martin Atkinson following a 2-1 defeat at Chelsea in March.

He is unlikely to be banned again but the FA's action is further proof they are determined to implement their Respect Campaign.

The FA charge comes a day before United's trip to relegation-battling as Ferguson's side aim to wrap up the Premier League title before they play in the Champions League final on 28 May.

Ferguson's news conference ahead of the trip to Ewood Park had already taken place before the FA announced its charge against him.

And the United manager said: "It is most important we approach this game in the right way.

"This is always a difficult game. Blackburn probably need another point to stay in the Premier League and we will not be underestimating them."

"We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck." -> Still upset about the Chelsea loss perhaps? He said this after the Arsenal game as well. That Utd never get the big decisions despite admitting that Vidic blatantly got away with the handball and potential red card in the first half.

It's silly from SAF, tbh. I would have some sympathy because it's a silly charge and he's not said anything particularly negative but he knows the rules and he's broken them. I also have some sympathy because journalists blatantly probe him like they do Wenger and then complain when he responds.

just because he has done it in the past does not mean that every time he opens his mouth about the refs he gets a farking fine! its pathetic!

are the RFEF going to fine Jose every time he says something about Barca now?

just because he has done it in the past does not mean that every time he opens his mouth about the refs he gets a farking fine! its pathetic!

are the RFEF going to fine Jose every time he says something about Barca now?

Err, well - they did fine him.

HAHA

"We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck." -> Still upset about the Chelsea loss perhaps? He said this after the Arsenal game as well. That Utd never get the big decisions despite admitting that Vidic blatantly got away with the handball and potential red card in the first half.

It's silly from SAF, tbh. I would have some sympathy because it's a silly charge and he's not said anything particularly negative but he knows the rules and he's broken them. I also have some sympathy because journalists blatantly probe him like they do Wenger and then complain when he responds.

After 3 games ruined by Refs against Chelsea it was common that he would come up with those statements. There was nothing in it. FA are just reading between lines.

Ironically Chelsea got away with so many decisions against United again..And SAF is charged.. *sigh*

He broke the rules again - you're not allowed to talk about referees prior to a match. I doubt he's getting anything but a warning though, it's a technicality.

After 3 games ruined by Refs against Chelsea it was common that he would come up with those statements. There was nothing in it. FA are just reading between lines.

Ironically Chelsea got away with so many decisions against United again..And SAF is charged.. *sigh*

You're on the verge of a 19th title and SAF is still complaining about it? It's finished ffs.

3 games ruined against Chelsea this season? And what decisions did Chelsea get at Old Trafford?

You're on the verge of a 19th title and SAF is still complaining about it? It's finished ffs.

3 games ruined against Chelsea this season? And what decisions did Chelsea get at Old Trafford?

He talked about ref before the game. So 19th was not in the bag before the game.

Ivanovic got away with at least 3-4 yellow card incidents, Lampard hand ball and penalty was not given. Valencia-Terry incident which would have been soft penalty, but the same decision went against us at Bridge.

3 games were not this season. Last season 2 games and this season 1 game. All league games.

Back