FA charges Ferguson over comments

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K
He talked about ref before the game. So 19th was not in the bag before the game.

Ivanovic got away with at least 3-4 yellow card incidents, Lampard hand ball and penalty was not given. Valencia-Terry incident which would have been soft penalty, but the same decision went against us at Bridge.

The decision was different at Stamford Bridge, and who the **** cares? You won. There's no point crying about it when you've won the game ffs. And you haven't told me which games he's "ruined" - You can't really say the last one was since you won, the one at Stamford Bridge happened a while ago now and is irrelevant.

SAF knows the rules, I'm not sure why we should be sympathetic because he broke them..

Fergie before the game :
"We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that,"
"But [getting a bad decision] is definitely our big fear.
"We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

Ancelotti before game "If the referee has no experience, maybe I can be a little bit worried about this, but with Webb there is no problem."

So Ancelotti is not talking about the ref before the game..

Both are saying the same thing. We got good ref.

People don't send out a gasp of shock or a sigh of relief in unison for nothing..

The decision was different at Stamford Bridge, and who the **** cares? You won. There's no point crying about it when you've won the game ffs. And you haven't told me which games he's "ruined" - You can't really say the last one was since you won, the one at Stamford Bridge happened a while ago now and is irrelevant.

SAF knows the rules, I'm not sure why we should be sympathetic because he broke them..

SAF made those comments before the game ffs. Not after to let it go..

Ref ruined games Last season at Brige and OT and this season at Brige.

How is game at Bridge irrevelant? Is it not worth 3 points? And SAF didnt even mention about any game. All he said was "Webb is the best ref in England" which Ancelotti also said..

can we not go into which teams gets all the decisions nonsense again, every team gets their fair few and managers should understand that referee's do not target any particular team instead of making comments like Ferguson did, it was stupid and sounded immature

It's just the pressure of reffing a big game, they are bound to make mistakes, especially against the away side with the home support on their back, if you notice, it's happened mostly at the bridge; the ref is naturally going to sway towards the home side. Again, pressure.

SAF made those comments before the game ffs. Not after to let it go..

Ref ruined games Last season at Brige and OT and this season at Brige.

How is game at Bridge irrevelant? Is it not worth 3 points? And SAF didnt even mention about any game. All he said was "Webb is the best ref in England" which Ancelotti also said..

He also said, as he did after the Arsenal game, that not getting big decisions is a fear they have. He's blatantly playing mind-games as he always does. He always talks about referees and he's knows he's not allowed to. It's a stupid rule because it doesn't seem to clarify what is(n't) allowed to be said, but he knows full well about it.

If SAF thinks he's bigger than the FA, then he'll continue to get fined. HE won't pay it anyway - just like the countless charges for the BBC interviewing.

He also said, as he did after the Arsenal game, that not getting big decisions is a fear they have. He's blatantly playing mind-games as he always does. He always talks about referees and he's knows he's not allowed to. It's a stupid rule because it doesn't seem to clarify what is(n't) allowed to be said, but he knows full well about it.

If SAF thinks he's bigger than the FA, then he'll continue to get fined. HE won't pay it anyway - just like the countless charges for the BBC interviewing.

Even Ancelotti talked about Ref but still he was not charged..

Even Ancelotti talked about Ref but still he was not charged..

He also didn't say he's worried about not getting big decisions. Nor has he been charged before - he may get a warning, you don't know. As I said, the rule is stupid because it's completely ambiguous from the BBC's description of it so he may be being charged for questioning the referee's integrity. Again.

SAF was asked about the appoitment and he answered qouting Howard Webb was the best referee England have.... yet he still gets charged. This of course is another example as too how the FA favour United. Pathetic.

SAF was asked about the appoitment and he answered qouting Howard Webb was the best referee England have.... yet he still gets charged. This of course is another example as too how the FA favour United. Pathetic.

But look what else he says. "Not getting the big decisions is a fear"

that wasn't directed to Howard Webb though was it?

i'm sure SAF isn't the first manager to speak about a referee prior to a match but has any other been charged? we all know the answer.

Just from reading this thread it seems Joss is having to repeat himself to the Man Utd fans who will say anything to try and defend SAF... lol

SAF clearly knows the rules, and to everyone who (as always) says 'zomg nobody else got charged' - I doubt anyone else has SAF's history of referee ******** so perhaps (read: certainly) that comes into it

He hasn't been charged because he said that, he has been charged as he spoke about the referee.

He could have easily said "Not getting the big decisions is a fear" and not related it to Webb - I believe that is fine.

I guess if it is in the rules then he should be charged but the FA need to look at that rule. He was asked a question and answered it, it didn't cause offence or harm to anyone and wouldn't have changed the mindset for the ref before the game.

Just from reading this thread it seems Joss is having to repeat himself to the Man Utd fans who will say anything to try and defend SAF... lol

SAF clearly knows the rules, and to everyone who (as always) says 'zomg nobody else got charged' - I doubt anyone else has SAF's history of referee ******** so perhaps (read: certainly) that comes into it

Regardless off SAF previour outbursts, he was charged for speaking about Mr Webb before the game, not for anything he said. Despite being very complementary, and yeah to United fans it does wind us up because like I said, he isn't the first and won't be the last to speak about a referee prior to a match but he is the only one being charged.

He hasn't been charged because he said that, he has been charged as he spoke about the referee.

He could have easily said "Not getting the big decisions is a fear" and not related it to Webb - I believe that is fine.

I guess if it is in the rules then he should be charged but the FA need to look at that rule. He was asked a question and answered it, it didn't cause offence or harm to anyone and wouldn't have changed the mindset for the ref before the game.

Agree with the bits in bold...

What does this charge actually impose? A ban? A fine? I can't see anything in the article and ssn hasn't mentioned anything about the punishment?

And yet I still hear people say ''OH MI DAIZZZZ, THE FA *** SAF BIG TYM. THEY'Z SO BIAS''

Which is so far from the truth, it's unreal.

Back