FA says home internationals would be 'one-off'

Jak

Reaction score
FA says home internationals would be 'one-off'

The English Football Association said it is in talks with other home nations to play a one-off tournament in 2013.
But it does not want to revive the home international tournament, which involved England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, on a regular basis.

I think it would be quite fun to revive the tournament again. Would allow the fans of the countries to have a bit of a laugh with each other. However Im sure club managers wouldn't be happy seeing some of their players go off to play in a tournament that doesn't really mean anything. But I guess the FA may change their decision depending on the success of this 'one off' tournament.
Do you think this tournament should be revived?

Yes, because England might win something for once.

Yes I would, I also think there would be a lot more interest in these matches than most of the friendlies that are played.

Why not have them every 2 years inbetween tournements??

Why not have them every 2 years inbetween tournements??

The Euros. Can't have it between the world cups because of the euros and vice-versa, and in between those it's qualifying for one or the other.

The Euros. Can't have it between the world cups because of the euros and vice-versa, and in between those it's qualifying for one or the other.

I mean in the summers,

2010 world cup
2011 home nations
2012 euros
2013 home nations
2014 world cup

and on and on.

The summers between the cups are used for qualifying matches.

They could but it might clash withh qualifiers for the wc/euros

I mean in the summers,

2010 world cup
2011 home nations
2012 euros
2013 home nations
2014 world cup

and on and on.

The summers between the cups are used for qualifying matches.
They could but it might clash withh qualifiers for the wc/euros

What I and they said. It's pretty inconcievable.

Surely they can fit in 4/5 games between the end and starts of a season and International Qualifying?

I mean in the summers,

2010 world cup
2011 home nations
2012 euros
2013 home nations
2014 world cup

and on and on.

They need a break, there not working machines :S

Cant have a summer tournament every year.

Is the Four nations tournament still on between Ireland, Wales, Scotland and NI like on FM or is that gone

Surely they can fit in 4/5 games between the end and starts of a season and International Qualifying?

International qualifying matches are usually in the start of June and considering the season ends with cup finals somewhere late May, it'd be quite impossible. Matches could be played in July, but don't know if managers want their players to get injured in "useless" international matches.

They need a break, there not working machines :S

Cant have a summer tournament every year.

Well if the PL introduced a winter break then why not. It would give national managers a chance to give different players a go and try somthing different.

Well if the PL introduced a winter break then why not. It would give national managers a chance to give different players a go and try somthing different.

It would also rather defeat the point of a winter break.

Personally I think It would be slighly boring they should have guests so its similar to the emirates cup

so it could be : Scotland , England , Wales , N. Ireland
all the time but have two guest nations every time for example Italy and Spain? Similar to six nations so its given a bit more of entertainment though I would very much go this competition Home & Away (Considering they play it during Summer)

I know Scotland , Wales and N. Ireland are up for it but England only to do it once :O they scared of the tartan army ;) but any way I'm sure most Scotland and England fans would agree with me in saying that Scotland v England is a match you must see at Hampden/Wembly I know it is something I want to do anyway :D

It doesnt have to be played all in one go, spread it out over the season and get rid of the pointless friendlies.

It's never going to happen. We play too many games in England as it is without another pointless cup