Fabianski out for rest of season

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski is ruled out for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury.

More...

Obviously a big loss for Arsenal this season.......

It is sad that get injured when this season might be his best chance to prove his ability to become first gk of team like arsenal. hopefully schezcny will do good for the rest of the season

Why didn't Arsenal sign a keeper in January? Makes no sense to me.

Sczeseny's looked good - IMO he's done enough to be handed the no1. But yes Arsenal not signing a keeper makes as much sense as Tottenham trying to get Charlie Adam and missing by 2 minutes.

Quite funny that Szczesny caused the injury and now will get half a season as number one to show what he can do. One way to get to the top XD

I pity the loss for Arsenal but I have faith in Szczesny even though I'm a LFC fan.

Quite funny that Szczesny caused the injury and now will get half a season as number one to show what he can do. One way to get to the top XD

Eh? Where does it say Szczesny caused the injury?

I pity the loss for Arsenal but I have faith in Szczesny even though I'm a LFC fan.

This.

Big loss for Arsenal IMO, obviously Szczesny is good enough, but I have my doubts Almunia is if Szczesny gets injured (touch wood he doesn't).

Feel for Fabianski, though - kept Almunia out of the team since West Brom and now he gets an injury which seriously damages his chances of keeping his place in the side if Szczesny does well. Fabianski's been very good this season, hopefully Szczesny won't relax knowing he has the #1 spot atm, it's good to have some competition, keeps everyone at their best!

:'( Unlucky Fabs you have played well and turned your career around

Szczesny is a great backup goalie to come in though have 100% faith in him :)

i cant make out whether this is a good thing or a bad thing?

i cant make out whether this is a good thing or a bad thing?

Not going to make a difference to Cheatski tbh

Probably good news LT, Szczesny gets more experience and confidence, but ST there's less competition for his place, and Fabianski is unlucky.

Arsenal, don't have any luck really. Although I highly rate Szczesny "the acrobat" highly, think he will be their no.1 soon.

I'm almost sure Wenger came out and said that Szczesny is the team's #1 anyway, so really this is just losing our back-up keeper. Not a big deal at the moment from first glance, but if Szczesny gets injured then we're in trouble.

I'm almost sure Wenger came out and said that Szczesny is the team's #1 anyway, so really this is just losing our back-up keeper. Not a big deal at the moment from first glance, but if Szczesny gets injured then we're in trouble.

But it's also about competition. Having Almunia breathing down his back ceratinly meant Lehmann was more determined and did better, but once Almunia won the #1 shirt, he relaxed because he knew Fabianski wasn't going to take his place..

But it's also about competition. Having Almunia breathing down his back ceratinly meant Lehmann was more determined and did better, but once Almunia won the #1 shirt, he relaxed because he knew Fabianski wasn't going to take his place..

Indeed, that's what I meant by saying 'from first glance'. I can imagine there are a few back room repercussions of this situation, with the whole 'competition' angle being one of them. However, we have to have faith in our player to act as a professional and continue performing well, even though a drop in form probably wouldn't mean being knocked from his #1 spot.

Oh dear. We have two keepers for the rest of the season then? If Szczesny or Almunia gets injured, we've got James Shea to rely on, who hasn't got any experience :S

EDIT: Actually, let's injure Almunia so we can do a Man City and loan in Shay Given until the end of the season (6)

Almunia; it wouldn't be fair to put all that pressure on such a young kid.