Family Tree

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Was watching that program the other night with Patsy Kensitt, seen a few before, was quite interesting.

It got me thinking about looking into my Family Tree, and my mum signed up to Genes Reunited a few weeks ago and has got somewhere with it - want to try and help her!

Wondered if anyone else had looked up there's/or know how to go about it?!

Any positive comments welcome.

Erm i signed up a few years ago now, never really looked at it though. Might have to check it out.

errm my auntie did all our not so long back , nothing amazing came up i dont think. just the fact that out of about 15males that were about a couple of generations ago in our family there is only me and my brother left to carry on the leggott name so the fate is in our hands!

I signed up to it but didnt fancy paying, I found myself on someones family tree and me sister said that was my cousin apparently but neither me or her could be bothered paying for it

Oh my grandma has been doing that for years, though i think she's given up! lol

It seems interesting, i'd like to see what my biological fathers side is like.

it was my biological mothers side where I found this cousin but I couldn't view the tree, could only search for names i knew which wasnt many

it was my biological mothers side where I found this cousin but I couldn't view the tree, could only search for names i knew which wasnt many

Oh that's interesting! How did you find it? I'd like to see what other family i have too, not that i ever want to meet them, though i'd like to meet my biological father just to wave it in his face what he missed. ha!

My nan did my mams side of the family a while back, apparently we came over to England in a boat during the Irish potato famine lol

lol very nice Sean.

Becks this was a couple years back, I did a search for me to see if i appeared in anyone elses trees and I did so I searched for me sister with her maiden name and she appeared in the same tree so did my biological mother with her maiden name so i asked me sister and she told me who it was

Update on this, I traced one side of my family back to 1651 :D

I already know my mums side is Irish, from Donegal. My dads side is English. =P

my family goes all over the british isle to new Zealand n south africa, but my grand mother has been doing it for years

**** that's amazing.

Yeh was pretty good....not looked at any other side, this was just my grandfathers side....

Infact, got back to 1651 to an ancestor called Longfellow (John).....

Can't get any further before that, but there is a William Longfellow, who was quite a famous poet in America.....I have been trying to find evidence he is a ancestor but haven't found anything.

Most of the Longfellows I found, lived in Horsforth near Leeds and apparently this William Longfellow was a decendant of a Longfellow who emigrated to America...I just can't find him :(

Also found a cool newspaper cutting about one of my ancestors, who died in the 1700's....another William Longfellow, have attached it.

Last edited:
Yeh was pretty good....not looked at any other side, this was just my grandfathers side....

Infact, got back to 1651 to an ancestor called Longfellow (John).....

Can't get any further before that, but there is a William Longfellow, who was quite a famous poet in America.....I have been trying to find evidence he is a ancestor but haven't found anything.

Most of the Longfellows I found, lived in Horsforth near Leeds and apparently this William Longfellow was a decendant of a Longfellow who emigrated to America...I just can't find him :(

Also found a cool newspaper cutting about one of my ancestors, who died in the 1700's....another William Longfellow, have attached it.

Very interesting, well done with the research. Cool article too, poor old *******!

id love to get on this site, it looks cool, any payments needed?