Looks like an awesome tactic, love the shape and use of CWBs (my favourite role in all of football)! Could you possibly edit the OP and talk a little about the philosophy/thinking behind the tactic i.e. how you came up with it, what made you pick certain roles etc. ? Always makes the tactic a bit more personable and interesting for discussion, rather than have it just accepted at face value and get the usual 'works/doesn't works' comments. Anyway again looks great!

Hi andre, what teamtalks do you use? And pitch size?

Before
House - the favorite - aggressive
Away - Assertive / can win
Home against big - Assertive / can win

Half time
winning 2x0 or less - aggressive
winning 3-0 or more - quiet / continue

Enjoying this tactic, start of March with MUFC and leading the league by 4pts - just knocked Bayern out of UCL on away goals (1-1 home & 2-2 away).

Started the season on fire but started to struggle in late November and went 5 games without a win. Like most tactics I have played I have been struggling away from home - even against the worst teams in the league and playing my best 11.

Thinking of using a version with counter mentality and longer passing. Any suggestions?

Enjoying this tactic, start of March with MUFC and leading the league by 4pts - just knocked Bayern out of UCL on away goals (1-1 home & 2-2 away).

Started the season on fire but started to struggle in late November and went 5 games without a win. Like most tactics I have played I have been struggling away from home - even against the worst teams in the league and playing my best 11.

Thinking of using a version with counter mentality and longer passing. Any suggestions?

After certain numbers of games, the AI can neutralize so that your team plays.
then my dicaa is: have 2 tactics.

happened to me too .. can look at the opening post my results in half of the season, were bad.

Im not having the best start now that my 3rd season at atletico is based on this tactic.
the biggest problem is that i ahve matches without any highlights or halfs with no highlights, and i rarely get more then 1 max 2 goals.
It's not that the foundation is bad becasue when i do get highlights i can see the wingback is on fire down the flank, but it seems i posses to little TNT on the final third.

I am however going to stick to it and when the season ends i will upload the resoults.

SUMMARY:

F = friendly, ES = eurpean supercup, SC = Spanish super cup, L = Liga, CC = champions cup

Udinese - Atletico 1-2 F
Shenhua - Atletico 0-2 F
Rayo Majadahonda - Atletico 4-0 F
PAOK - Atletico 3-1 F

R.Betis - Atletico 2-2 L
PSG - Atletico 0-3 ES (used different tactic as to many midtfielders injured)
R.Betis - Atletico 2-2 SC Even match
Atletico - R.Betis 3-0 SC (used different tactic as 70 of squad was on international duty, played youngsters)
Atletico - Espanyol 1-0 L I trucked them should have won more
Dinamo - Atletico 1-3 CC Very even match that i won due to efficiency
Bilbao - Atletico 1-1 L 2 key highlights = 2 goals
Atletico - Sociedad 1-0 L Had 9/2 shoots, 1 key highlight whole game, was my goal :/
Osasuna - Atletico 0-3 L 3key highlights 3 goals all from counter attack. Montoya banged two :D
Atletico - AC M ilan 0-1 CC 4 key highlights all to milan. shots and possesion even.
Deportivo - Atletico 0-4 L I pretty much scored on all chances. nothing happened 2nd half except a long shot goal romero :D
Valladolid - Atletico 0-3 L Wow we were pure poison in attack! But the MOM for me goes to ter Stegen. OMG i jsut have to write about it here to wreck my lineup of matches... Valladolid made a break down the left side, and when the midtfielder cut inside the penalty box the injured montoya could not cope with it. The shoot came along the ground HARD towards the far corner, but the save from ter Stegen... Think Peter Shilton and google his best save. I have never seen anything like it, the save was insane!!! ter Stegen getting improved contract right now and praise for last game!!!!

LEAGUE TABLE SO FAR!

Last edited:
Continuation:

Atletico - Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 CC Owned the game going up 2-0 first half and securing the win in second half.
Atletico - Villareal 1-1 L Dominated but could not score
Atletico - Getafe 2-0 L
Clear victory taht should have been bigger
Sevilla - Atletico 2-1 L Deserved loss
O.Lyonaise - Atletico 2-1 CC Got outplayed and in reality had no chance, but dissapointed to not get a draw
Barcelona - Atletico 1-0 L
Barcelona was from another planet. scored on my only chance and should have lost a lot more :/

This was a bad spell for me. whole team played badly and after the home victory against Getafe the players looked like not wanting to play football. It's been a bit unconsistent the whole year so far despite not conceding to much, but there is a big issue with getting the strikers to score. Villa, Leo and Berardi got 2 goals in total in the league this season. In continental Leo has 3 more but thats it, the rest have been scored by midtfielders and defenders.

Top goalscorers:

Lucas Romero 6
Roberto Pereyra 3
Oliver 3

Last edited:
Continuation:

Atletico - Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 CC Owned the game going up 2-0 first half and securing the win in second half.
Mate can you show me your calendar?

So the testing continues:

My Calendar showing my progression this year:

My team stats so far:

Continuation:

After the bad spell we had we did some changes. Reading in another tread how stand off worked good i decided to give it a go instead of hassle the opponent. The idea was that this would give me better shape in the formation and not bring my strikers out of possition so badly.
Judge how you're self....

The highlighte game here would be the one vs Real Madrid. We looked strong as heck and pulled away a good win that kept us in the title race!

what also shook me was the stunning performance in the club world championship. taking on a weak team tho i and no problem showing who was the stronger side.

Here is how the League table look so far:

Not to shabby if i might say after struggling a bit earlier. we are definetivly in the race! Valladolid stole a point home against Barcelona aswell the week i smashed Real :)

I have also been quite bussy with the Transfers this season. grabbing Top Prospects and working on their EU citizenship.
the team wil lgrow even stronger the comming years, and the great plan i had works as there is no unhappieness as they are all hot prospects and not demanding playtime.

There is a lot of prospects here, and i will review the squad aswell as toss some dead weight before next season when im going to test a new formation for the 4th year in a row!!!!
If anyone got suggestions to any formations for me to test i will happily do so. ERmember tho that i am a title contender and i cant just smack on a tactic thats beeign fit together in 5 sec. It will have to be in the tactic section here for me to continue my story.

And as the queen might say: "Men are all the same. When FM comes out they dissapear every year"

Last edited:
Fanta have you scrapped the project or wuut?
It's awefully quiet for sutch an appealing tactic :D

FINAL STANDINGS

So after a long day of play i managed Win the league by luck losing 3-0 away to Real and Barca only managed a 0-0 draw in their final game ment i was Champion by two small points! If Barca won their match we'd finish 2nd due to losing a game ang playing 1 draw against them this season.

I won the CL after Penalties vs Munich after totaly dominating the game and having to realize domination = 1-1 and penalties, but we won!!!

LEAGUE TABLE:

FIXTURES:

CL FINAL:

STATS:

ACHIVEMENTS:

HIGHLIGHTED MATCHES:

REAL AWAY 0-3

BARCA HOME 2-0 CL SEMIFINAL

SPANISH CUP QUARTER-FINAL

Unfortunatly we lost the semifinal to Barcelona over two legs with a 1-1 draw home and losing 1-2 away.

Ok boys and girls here is the review of the tactic:

Fanta has done an amazing job getting the fullbacks to work as wingers on this tactic and beeing the main source of assists.
The team as a whole have potential to create lots of chances, but more often than once the chances run out in the sand due to not enough people in the box. (the cross exploit does not seem to apply to the player, only AI...)
Despite that, the resoults have been very good despite i have a strong team on my hands beeing in the third season with Atletico.
Key signings for this tactic have been Montoya for 1.2million after he got transferlisted. He got voted CL msot important player this year and have provided goals aswell as assists this season.
Other players doing remarkably well is Fierro who has been on fire for me netting almsot a goal a game on avrage. To bad i dident have spot for him until mid season due to foreign restrictions.

I will recommend this tactic to anyone who likes to controll the game and have creative players to fint the passes on the final third. I have lots of young players who are quality,but not top quality atm.
Likes of Oliver Torres, Will Hughes, Lucas Romero and Rafinha got the best years infront of them, but still eprform like world class players.

Overall i will give this tactic 8/10 and put it easily on my top 3 tactics tested so far.

Stick to me for season 4 and another tactic to amaze the crowd in Madrid!

At the very end i will drop a tweak i have put together from this great tactic wich will allowe more people in the box aswell as getting you're benched AMC some well deserved playtime!
TWEAK: http://speedy.sh/3gbuu/Fanta-2-3-2-1-2-tweaked.tac

I would also like to thank Fanta again for taking time to put this together, and i cant wait to see what new stuff he has comming in as the game progresses into the future!

Last edited:
At the very end i will drop a tweak i have put together from this great tactic wich will allowe more people in the box aswell as getting you're benched AMC some well deserved playtime!
TWEAK: Fanta 2-3-2-1-2 tweaked.tac - Speedy Share - upload your files here

I would also like to thank Fanta again for taking time to put this together, and i cant wait to see what new stuff he has comming in as the game progresses into the future!

I do not know man, what will I do .. I created this tactic to 14.1.2 and made only 6 games in 14.1.3 and have had good results .. so shared, but now that I no longer enjoyed a season. but still I will wait to change something .. I'm creating another tactic for this update .. I will test your tweaked.

crack on m8 :)
i am currently streaming and testing the barcelona tactic avaible for download.
Conndark - Twitch

considering this a prototype until all the bugs have been fixed, then its time to be seriouse!

do whatever gives you joy man. if you play another game for a while thats not a bad idea aswell.

tnx for excellent work and feedback on my snickerdoodle testing :D

fanteceleandre & conn

have you's tried setting your midfielder's on ( box to box, central mid on attack, box to box )?

i have this on mine and they get into the box very often for goals and assists when the CWB's make the runs on the flanks.

fanteceleandre & conn

have you's tried setting your midfielder's on ( box to box, central mid on attack, box to box )?

i have this on mine and they get into the box very often for goals and assists when the CWB's make the runs on the flanks.

I'll try this, but I think this is not right ... "exploring the middle"