Montanaro

Reaction score
How come it's cheating if I tell my taker to hit corners to the far post

but the AI do this ALL the time. 75% of my allowed goals in my current season have come from the unstoppable far post headers. It's so ******* annoying. I have one of the better GKs in the world and a solid defense, but when the ball is kicked to the far post, my GK turns into an ostrich and my defenders roll over like a log. The last game I played I gave up 2 of these goals.

Now are there any defending corner instructions that will help? (assuming the game doesn't untick my instructions.......)

Just because some morons on this forum say it's cheating doesn't make it so, I use it because it's effective. But yeah the AI take the **** with it, all I can say is try and get more men on the back post?

Just because some morons on this forum say it's cheating doesn't make it so, I use it because it's effective. But yeah the AI take the **** with it, all I can say is try and get more men on the back post?

The game only lets you put one on the back

I might try having two men mark best header/tallest guy.

and I stopped using it, instead I go near post to my striker who has superb dribbling technique and first touch. When he latches onto a ball he can really do something creative and fun to watch off corners.

i get a bloke to mark the far post and noticed the amount goes you concede goes down

No, but getting 20 goals a year from someone like Andrea Ranocchia kinda is. It's a flaw, doubtless, and I would imagine that abusing a flaw in the game would count as cheating no? Either way, I don't use it as for me it's far too unrealistic.

No, but getting 20 goals a year from someone like Andrea Ranocchia kinda is. It's a flaw, doubtless, and I would imagine that abusing a flaw in the game would count as cheating no? Either way, I don't use it as for me it's far too unrealistic.

I just wish SI could figure out how to fix it a bit.

I had a problem last year with the ai doing the actual corner cheat, where they would pass outside the box to a lone AMC with no markers who fires it in for a goal. That got pretty annoying as well.

I don't know how much of cheat it is IMO. You still have to have a guy aerially dominant to do it, (15+heading 15+ jumping, 15+strength) which IMO is fair enough. I've gotten 12 goals out of Guillermo Burdisso and I'm pretty sure 9 of those were from corner and a few from freekicks which I have set to best header. I had Craig Catchcart last season and he scored only 3 the whole season. Even then depending on the marking it still is only good for 10-15 a season out of a 40 game season (or my maybe my corner far post delivery setup sucks) unlike the corner longshots exploit which was **** near guaranteed 1 a game as long as you had someone half decent (13 or so) longshots attribute

Last edited:
I reckon having a centre back scoring 15+ goals per season is a bit suspect, but I can't stop using far post corners ("cheating") for two reasons: 1) CPU scores at least at equal rate from corner kicks/indirect free kicks 2) even when my team can regularly create lots of clear 1-on-1 chances my strikers will still screw 99% of them.

Hopefully patch 3 will make all these things better, until then far post corners are just legitimate defense.

I know of the exploit, I've never used it though, and I'm finding it very strange everyone is saying the AI uses it all the time... I can safely say that exact instance has never occurred against me. oO) Sure, I've conceded from corners, but never that exact way. Our goalie is able to stop most of them, and our goalies are both randomly horrible despite their ratings and stats...

It'***** to the far post, tall guy headers it down, our goalie dives and it bounces off him. oO)

I thought I had scored more from corners but it seems not - seems to be pretty reasonable IMO and in line with the rest of the teams. this is through 30 games BTW. I'm not going to include the FA cup/league cup games where I played l2 and l1 teams which I don't think counts because of the massive the talent dropoff in opposition

If your marking is set to zonal, change it to man marking. Zonal is garbage in this game.

I am putting a fence in my backyard, I just don't know how far apart to put the post, I already have the terminal post up on the corners and for the gate.. can anyone offer some advice.

I am putting a fence in my backyard, I just don't know how far apart to put the post, I already have the terminal post up on the corners and for the gate.. can anyone offer some advice?

I am putting a fence in my backyard, I just don't know how far apart to put the post, I already have the terminal post up on the corners and for the gate.. can anyone offer some advice?

Wrong thread..... :S

Wrong thread..... :S

It was a joke I believe... -_-

However, a weak joke, especially since he used two seperate accounts to say the exact same thing, except with a question mark at the end of one. :S

Cheating? I use it all the time, didn't know I was cheating. I did find it suspicious that Skrtel was banging in 10 per season, though.

Well it depends , some teams adjust after I get a goal on them using the far post , some others don't , might be something about the AI manager , I'm currently playing PSG and against monaco I scored a far post goal against then , they put another man on my central defender and after 10 ( yes , 10 ) corners he couldn't score gain .

with teh far post thing... my team does it automaticly... i have everything set to default... (im no tactical genius) and my corner taker always swings it far post... the rate of goals is unbeliveable though jay demerit has 10 goals so far this season (in 15 games...) its insane but how is it cheating if the AI will do it, and if you leave everything as default? its not... its part of the game mechanics...