Tiozaa

Reaction score
Im looking for help with a fast paced Counter/press tactic. On the ball I want be fairly direct, passing the ball around quickly opening up defenses this way. Whilst without the ball, I want to chase the ball, closing the ball aggressively. Basically I want to emulate Klopp's Dortmund. Has anyone tried a Counter/Press tactic in FM16 yet?

Im looking for help with a fast paced Counter/press tactic. On the ball I want be fairly direct, passing the ball around quickly opening up defenses this way. Whilst without the ball, I want to chase the ball, closing the ball aggressively. Basically I want to emulate Klopp's Dortmund. Has anyone tried a Counter/Press tactic in FM16 yet?
So what exactly do you want help with?

On creating as good a Counter/Press tactic as possible? Was that not obvious by my first post?
Okay, I get it. You want other people to do all the work for you, instead of wanting actual 'help'. I'll rather go 'help' someone who actually needs it.

Okay, I get it. You want other people to do all the work for you, instead of wanting actual 'help'. I'll rather go 'help' someone who actually needs it.

Hahahahaha wow! You're embarrassing yourself dude

You know what you wanna do so why not do it and see if any problems come up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha wow! You're embarrassing yourself dude
Your the one embarrassing yourself, go about and make the tactic yourself. If it works, good. If it doesn't come back and ask for help and we can show you what is going wrong. Otherwise just download a plug and play if you want someone to do all the work for you.

This is a rational comment simply because whilst he did ask for help, he did not ask other people to do all the work for him... And you make yourself look kind of stupid with your ignorance.

You know what you wanna do so why not do it and see if any problems come up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried plenty of times before on multiple FMs including FM16! Possession tactics have always worked better for me, thats why I want to try and use a counterpress.

Your the one embarrassing yourself, go about and make the tactic yourself. If it works, good. If it doesn't come back and ask for help and we can show you what is going wrong. Otherwise just download a plug and play if you want someone to do all the work for you.

Am I though? How do you know I havent tried? I have tried plenty of times before on multiple FMs. Read the comment above. It has never worked very effectively for me in FM so I just asked to see if anyone has used a particular tactic, knows of particular instructions I may be missing etc? Is that a real problem?
This is a rational comment simply because whilst he did ask for help, he did not ask other people to do all the work for him... And you make yourself look kind of stupid with your ignorance.

Who are you refferring to?

All I really wanted from this thread was a few helpful tips, ah well! I never asked for anyone to 'do all the work for me', some people really need to chill the **** out. :)

You can't call someone stupid when you actually meant irrational and then get it wrong. ;)

It's dead easy to ask a team to be direct. It's dead easy to ask them to close down a lot. If there are issues in doing that, we can help.

All I really wanted from this thread was a few helpful tips, ah well! I never asked for anyone to 'do all the work for me', some people really need to chill the **** out. :)
Being direct is easy and so is asking the team to close down a lot. What are you having issues with? You can get lots of general replies and then you just mindlessly copy it into your tactic without knowing how or why it works. Can see that not working so well.

That's why I asked what specifically you needed help with. I assumed you actually tried something and had issues with it.

So my help? Think about it logically and try it yourself. THEN see what's not working.

Actually, here is a tip. Decide if you want the whole team to press or just the front 3/4.

You can't call someone stupid when you actually meant irrational and then get it wrong. ;)

It's dead easy to ask a team to be direct. It's dead easy to ask them to close down a lot. If there are issues in doing that, we can help.

Yeah I wrote that on my mobile and I didn't realise the typo.. However, I wasn't trying to be negative (even though I was slighty) and all I was trying to say that whilst it may be easy to assume someone wants others to basically create the tactic for them there is no harm in giving him simple advice or actually... you know... helping him even if it isn't productive enough.

Yeah I wrote that on my mobile and I didn't realise the typo.. However, I wasn't trying to be negative (even though I was slighty) and all I was trying to say that whilst it may be easy to assume someone wants others to basically create the tactic for them there is no harm in giving him simple advice or actually... you know... helping him even if it isn't productive enough.
Fair enough. :)

My first question STILL stands though. We still don't know what exactly he is struggling with. The dickish reply he gave didn't help. We can help if we know more.

The problem is that general/vague questions get general/vague answers. That helps little.

The op is quite easy to misunderstand. I want help. This is what I want to do. Has anyone tried a klopp tactic yet?.
A complete pain in the **** would answer yes or no to the closed question and ignore the rest.

Now to move on wj did post an if you want help this is what info to provide thread. I'd try reading that first. Try showing what you have tried in game so far along with the this is how I want to play. Watch the games and see if it's happening if not note down the issues and put them here and you will get real help.

Tiozaa, cool it. Some are just not understanding . Anyway I'm doing something close to what you are looking for. Problem is, it's not finish. Probably won't have time to finish ??????
Thought when the team is with the ball they do more probing rather than fast def spliting passes like u prefer. Meaning it's not a direct kind of play. Ofc in defense I manage to get them to swarm in to try and retrieve the ball.*
Now I choose that attack strategy because I find the direct fast pace football method not consistent and very predictable. U get tonnes of shots and ccc but u just don't convert them because everything is lightning fast. Especially when your players are not in form or your teams luck isn't there in the match. It's really frustrating.
If your interested put up some or one of your tried tact here and let's see we can manage this together.

Last edited:
Fair enough. :)

My first question STILL stands though. We still don't know what exactly he is struggling with. The dickish reply he gave didn't help. We can help if we know more.

The problem is that general/vague questions get general/vague answers. That helps little.

I wasnt being a **** mate. I was just looking for a few tips, eg. important player instructions that you might not usually consider. (On my old account now)

@Keith Ang Tiozaa, cool it. Some are just not understanding . Anyway I'm doing something close to what you are looking for. Problem is, it's not finish. Probably won't have time to finish ??
Thought when the team is with the ball they do more probing rather than fast def spliting passes like u prefer. Meaning it's not a direct kind of play. Ofc in defense I manage to get them to swarm in to try and retrieve the ball.*
Now I choose that attack strategy because I find the direct fast pace football method not consistent and very predictable. U get tonnes of shots and ccc but u just don't convert them because everything is lightning fast. Especially when your players are not in form or your teams luck isn't there in the match. It's really frustrating.
If your interested put up some or one of your tried tact here and let's see we can manage this together.

Hey mate, hows yours going? I have been working on mine, doing very well with Man Utd. Just entered March, and in the league our home record is W14/D1/L0. I play a 4-2-3-1 with a Shadow Striker and a Complete Forward. I will put the instructions below. The tactic isn't exactly what I was going for, (Still looking for help creating the perfect Counter/Press), but this tactic is working very well so thought I would stick with it! I managed to sign Ibra who is banging them in, but the tactic works very well when I have a back-up striker on too.

View attachment 214807 View attachment 214804

Ibra's goal record

View attachment 214802

The Inside Forward is on attack because Memphis can shoot very well from long distance. If they are more suited to close range finishing then put him onto support instead of attack. He has been amazing too.

View attachment 214801

The AP playing in Centre Mid should be picking up a lot of assists. Ander Herrera and Alex Teixera been very good for me playing there.

View attachment 214800

(It wouldnt let me reply to quote your comment)