FC Bayern München Vs Borussia Dortmund 26/2 17:30

Tharros

Reaction score

Bundesliga-Logo.png

FC Bayern München (3rd) Vs Borussia Dortmund (1st)

Bayern_Munchen_160-1.png
Borussia_Dortmund_160.png

bayern_1.png
dortmund_2.png

Venue: Allianz Arena
Time and Date: 17:30 (GMT), 26/02/2011

Previous Meetings:
Borussia Dortmund 2 - 0 Bayern München (3/10/2010)
Bayern München 3 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (13/2/2010)
Borussia Dortmund 1 - 5 Bayern München (12/9/2009)

Team League Form
Bayern München: WWLWW
Borussia Dortmund: DWXDW

Possible Starting XIs

Bayern München
Kraft
Lahm - Tymoshchuk - Badstuber - Pranjic
Luiz Gustavo - Schweinsteiger
Robben - Müller - Ribery
Gomez

Borussia Dortmund
Langerak
Piszczek - Subotic - Hummels - Schmelzer
Bender - Sahin
Blaszczykowski - Götze - Großkreutz
Barrios

News
With Dortmund amassing a 10 point lead at the top of the table and a 13 point lead over München, Bayern will have it all to prove the they have what it takes to mount a late challenge to Dortmund. However, Dortmund have lost some of their rhythm that they had developed before Christmas, evident in their form. Dortmund boast the best goal difference in the league, and arguably the strongest backline conceding the least goals. This was thrown into dissaray on Friday however as Weidenfeller picked up a knee injury in training when he collided with Mats Hummels. 22 year old Australian, Mitchell Langerak will take his place and make his debut for Dortmund after arriving form Melbourne Victory at the start of the season, in what has become the biggest game of the season for both sides.

Predictions
Heart: Bayern München 1 - 3 Borussia Dortmund
Head: Bayern München 2 - 1 Borussia Dortmund

Bayern are on the ascendency. I think they will be a very tough for Dortmund to win at Allianz.

One last thing, off topic - Respect to those of you who make match threads on a regular basis. This is my first one - and I can tell you one thing. It took ages...

Last edited:
If Dortmund win, I think that's the league all gone, however, if Bayern win it, I think Dortmund will still win the league, it's their year.

I don't really watch German football, I have the channel, is the game worth watching? Is it one of the best German games?

I think it will be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. Both teams are playing well, with the return of Robben Bayern has the edge, but this season Dortmund seems to be doing everything right.

Gustavo has settled in well well and Bayern are not missing MVB anymore.

I would love to see Dortmund winning it.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I don't really watch German football, I have the channel, is the game worth watching? Is it one of the best German games?

Take my word, dont miss this match. Dortmund are back to where they belong and Bayern are there already. It is a big big match..

Well, it is 3rd vs 1st, and considering the circumstances, yes I would consider it a very big match.

I will put some links to streams in the OP when the game starts.

Last edited:
Bayern vs 1st place of the league are always big matches!

I see Bayern winning this, but you never know especially with the Inter Milan game on wednesday. Some Bayern players might be tired and not able to keep up with the young and fast Dortmund players.

I hope it is going to be an exciting match!

Massive game! If Dortmund wins they will almost be champions!

Well I think I'm going to go to be and get up for the game as it starts 3:30AM my time.

You all behave in my thread while I'm gone, OK? :p

Edit: I forgot Leeds where playing. Not going to be just yet :)

Last edited:
I think Bayern will win, because the duo Robbery is available and not injured! (Robben & Ribery)

Draw I reckon..

Bayern 1-1 Dortmund.

Hope Dortmund win, will be good for German football for them to win the league this year, another giant back in the big time :p

I can't wait for this game, I LOVE Dortmund....I think Barrios will score the winner :)

Bayern to win 3-0, with Robben and Gomez scoring. Bayern mount an incredible comeback and win the title on the last day of the season. Mark my words.

Don't normally watch the Bundesliga but Bayern impressed me against Inter so i'll be tuning in to this :)

Got Bayern not to lose in my accumulator. They better not let me down...

Should be a close game

Might aswell watch it as theres no 5pm kick off in england. hope bayern win to make the title race interesting

OK the game just started. I'm watching via vipstand.me.

Last edited: