Love the breakdown of the major european leagues! Always interesting to see how teams are doing/have done. Shocked at where some teams are.

Love the breakdown of the major european leagues! Always interesting to see how teams are doing/have done. Shocked at where some teams are.

Yeah, it's really interesting to see where some teams end up!

if I remember, I'll start putting in screenshots of each league in the yearly April and May updates so you can keep up to date with how the leagues go each year :D

FC Inter Turku
June and July - 2037

View attachment 340527

Fixtures:

View attachment 340526

Plenty of games played over the two month period, and we managed to maintain a 100% record during that time.

Player Stats:

View attachment 340525

Kim Lepinen is having a great first season in the first team squad, and showing he has the potential to become Lehtonen's long term replacement at attacking midfield for the national team.

League Table:

View attachment 340523

20 wins from 20 games, and we're averaging over 5 goals scored a game so far!

Other News:

1)
We let 6 Finnish players leave the club over once the transfer window opened, 5 on permanent deals and 1 on loan. We brought in around £44,000,000 in transfer fees, and all players will be involved in future Finland squads, however just didn't quite have the quality to hold down a place in the club squad after reaching their potential.

View attachment 340513View attachment 340514View attachment 340515View attachment 340516View attachment 340517View attachment 340512

2)
Finland under 20's were losing finalists in the French Youth invatational.

View attachment 340511

3)
We've had 3 international games so far this year. Firstly, we beat Hungary in a WC qualifier in March, before disappointingly narrowly losing 2 friendlies in June against Germany and Ecuador. The good news is RoPS Brazilian winger Careca made his debut in the Germany game and we finally have a replacement for Scheweleff on the left.

View attachment 340508View attachment 340509View attachment 340510View attachment 340507

Next update will be a European Group Stage preview...

FC Inter Turku
European Group Stage Preview + European Super Cup - 2037

View attachment 340491

Us, RoPS and FC Lahti in Champions League:

View attachment 340490View attachment 340489View attachment 340488

Both us and RoPS have been drawn into pretty competitive groups, and they will need to be at the top of their game if they want to progress through the group like they did last year. Fc Lahti have the nicest looking group on paper, but are having a poor season in the league so I'd expect they are probably going to finish bottom of their group.

FC Haka and HJK in Europa League:

View attachment 340487View attachment 340486

Both these teams have done pretty poorly in Europe in the past couple of seasons, however Haka have been drawn into a group where I feel they should be picking up a few points and challenging to get through the group. HJK probably won't get through their group but hopefully can get more than the 3 points they picked up last year.

European Super Cup - FC Inter Turku 2 - 1 Manchester United

View attachment 340485

Man United took an early lead in this game, however a moment of madness from their Ukrainian left back in the 30th minute flipped the game on it's head. He received a red card for a rash tackle on our striker Lenagan, and then Van Dongen put the free kick in the top corner from 30 yards. Just 9 minutes later Lenagan put us 2-1 ahead and we saw out that lead against the 9 men to make it 6 wins from 6 Super Cup appearances.

Next update will be a September qualifiers review with Finland...

Finland
September and October World Cup Qualifiers - 2037

View attachment 340364

Finland 3 - 0 Denmark

View attachment 340362

A big win over our Scandinavian rivals allows us to jump above them in the group into 1st place. Early goals from experienced internationals Strandvall and Lehtonen were accompanied by a late debut goal from attacking midfielder Kim Lempinen, who is having his breakthrough season at the club.

Malta 1 - 8 Finland

View attachment 340360

We followed the win over Denmark with a comfortable 8-1 away in Malta in our final away qualifier. The highlight of the game was the hatrick from Kalle Lehtonen.

Finland 4 - 0 Sweden

View attachment 340359

Another home victory over a fellow Scandinavian side sends us through to our second ever World Cup, and means we have finished top of our qualifying group in all 3 campaigns that I have managed. 19 year old right winger Laurikainen got his first couple of international goals, whilst Lehtonen carried on his great international goalscoring form from centre midfield.

Finland 2 - 2 Slovenia

View attachment 340358

It was a little bit disappointing to end the campaign with a draw, however there was nothing riding on the game. Our equalizer was scored by substitute Kekkonen, before Lempinen gave us the lead with his 2nd ever international goal. Onto the group stage draw now in December! Here is how the qualifying group ended...

View attachment 340357

Next update will be a review of the last few months of the season, can we manage to keep a 100% league record for the season and will we add another Finnish Cup to our collection?

FC Inter Turku
August, September and October - 2037

View attachment 340356

Fixtures:

View attachment 340354

We get another 100% season under our belt and win the Finnish Cup for the 21st time, with a 3-0 win over HJK Helsinki in the final.

Player Stats:

View attachment 340350

League Table:

View attachment 340349

We ended up short of averaging 5 goals scored a game, scoring just the 155 goals in 33 games. We conceded 8 goals less than last season though, which is a positive.

Other News:

1)
Striker Clive Heath broke the league goalscoring record, bagging himself 35 goals in 17 appearances!

View attachment 340348

2)
Our youth intake was average. The best prospect was a Croatian keeper but we did get a couple of potentially decent Finnish defenders.

View attachment 340347View attachment 340346View attachment 340345

Next update will be a European Group stage update, including the Club World Championships...

FC Inter Turku
European Group Stages + Club World Championship - 2037

View attachment 340314

Fixtures:

View attachment 340313View attachment 340312

6 wins from 6 yet again this year as we look to defend our crown.

FC Lahti and RoPS in Champions League:

View attachment 340311View attachment 340310View attachment 340309View attachment 340308

RoPS managed to squeeze through their group with just 7 points, whereas FC Lahti were really unlucky to finish bottom of their group with 5 points. They had a better h2h record than Furth, however Olympiakos had a better h2h record than Lahti and Furth had a better h2h record than Olympiakos. So it went down to GD, and FC Lahti's was demolished by the games against Arsenal.

FC Haka and HJK in Europa League:

View attachment 340305View attachment 340306View attachment 340307View attachment 340304

Both teams were slightly disappointing, only managing to finish in 3rd place with 6 and 7 points respectively.

Club World Championship:

View attachment 340303

Very routine stuff here, as victory over the Asian and North American champions sees us crowned club world champions for the 6th time!

Next update will be an end of season review...

FC Inter Turku
Season Review - 2037

View attachment 340156

Finnish Premier League - Winners

View attachment 340155

Finnish Cup and League Cup - Winners

View attachment 340154View attachment 340153

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round (In Progress)

View attachment 340152

Fans Player of the Year - Adam Iwanowski

View attachment 340151View attachment 340150

Best 11:

View attachment 340147

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 340149

Next update will be a 2037 review with Finland, including a first look at our group for the 2038 World Cup...

Finland

View attachment 340146

Fixtures:

View attachment 340145

Our friendly performances in June were slightly worrying, however we recovered well to take 13 points from 5 competitive games this year and to qualify for the World Cup! After qualifying, we continued preparations with two impressive victories over Brazil and Bosnia.

World Cup 2038 Qualifying Group:

View attachment 340144

Not as strong as our previous qualifying campaigns, however we still managed to qualify for the tournament. Our target for the tournament has to be to get past the quarter finals, as that is the round we have fell out of our last 2 competitions. To do so, we'll have to get through a relatively competitive group of Mexico, Scotland and Mali. I'd expect us to beat Mali comfortably, however the games against Scotland (ranked 8th in the world) and Mexico (ranked 9th in the world) should be competitive!

World Ranking - 3rd

View attachment 340143

Player of the Year - Tom Kekkonen

View attachment 340142

I've just realized this has never ever been won by an FC Inter Turku player, probably something to do with the league reputation!

Under 21 Player of the Year - Aki Laurikainen

View attachment 340141

Best 11:

View attachment 340139

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 340140

For the next update, we'll either have a Champions League update or a season preview, including a lot of transfer business!

FC Inter Turku
Pre-Season + Champions League 1st Knockout Round - 2038

View attachment 340064

Transfers:

View attachment 340063

We've been very busy in the January window, both on the incomings and outgoings. Firstly, we'll start with the deals already completed. We brought in Brazilian wonderkid centre back Mimi for £11,500,000 from Atletico Minerio, the next on a revolving line of great South American centre backs to play for the club. Following this, we had to address our need for a backup left winger and so we brought in another Brazilian left winger, Carlos Alberto, for £10,000,000 from Olympiakos. Finally, we bought a replacement left back from Santos in the shape of Mexican left back Acosta. We did have to pay £22,500,000 for him, however at just 20 he could be our first choice left back for 10 years.

View attachment 340061View attachment 340060View attachment 340059

Next, to recuperate the money spent we sold 3 players. Brazilian centre back Raul left to go to PSG for £29,500,000, 30 year old Spanish left back Xavier Ramos went to Manchester United for £10,000,00 and legendary South Korean centre midfielder Jae-Yoon left for Sampadoria for £4,000,000.

View attachment 340058View attachment 340057View attachment 340056

Finally, we have arranged 3 bosmans to come in at the end of June and they are 3 amazing players! Volkov is going to be our backup advanced player but Serna will be fighting Heath to be first choice striker and Parausis will fight it out with Cusack to be the first choice ball winning midfielder. Also, we have agreed a deal to sell striker Lenagen to Manchester United for £32,000,000 as he won't be needed with Serna arriving so it made sense to cash in on him whilst we could.

View attachment 340053View attachment 340054View attachment 340055View attachment 340052

Finnish League Cup:

View attachment 340051

We win yet another league cup, however we did very well to win the semi final as we were down to a threadbare squad and had to use a few under 19's due to international call ups.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round - FC Inter Turku 2 - 4 Cagliari

View attachment 340050View attachment 340049

Unfortunately it's bad news in the Champions League as we go out in the 1st knockout round for the first time since 2027! To be fair Cagliari have a brilliant squad and probably caught us a bit off guard with a couple of new players in the defence and playing such a good team early on whilst we're still working on our match fitness. The good news however, is that RoPS advanced past Liverpool on away goals, beating them 2-1 away after losing the 1st leg 1-0 at home. They did get knocked out 6-2 on aggregate by Arsenal after drawing the home leg 1-1 in the quarters, but it was still a very good run for them and it was strange to think that another Finnish team got further than us in Europe!

Other News:

1)
The expansion to Houghton Arena is complete, expanding the capacity to 32,326. We have agreed another expansion of around 5,500 seats, however I have the feeling it won't get planning permission as it isn't showing up on the facilities page!

View attachment 340040

Next update will be an April and May review, can some of our Finnish players hit form before the World Cup in June?

FC Inter Turku
April and May - 2038

View attachment 339824

Fixtures:

View attachment 339823

We've started the domestic season well after the disappointing performances in Europe, however we are conceding a few too many goals for my liking. Also, we set a new league attendance record against TPS after selling out our newly expanded 32,326 seater stadium.

Player Stats:

View attachment 339822

Hopefully the likes of Lehtonen, Laurikainen and Kim Lempinen can continue their early season form into the World Cup!

League Table:

View attachment 339821

Solid start, winnning 9 from 9 and averaging 5 goals scored a game!

Major European Leagues + Tournaments:

View attachment 339816View attachment 339817View attachment 339818View attachment 339819View attachment 339820View attachment 339815

The biggest news here is the fact we had first time champions of Spain in the shape of Las Palmas!

Next update will be the 2038 World Cup update!

Bayern and barca not even getting champions league! How things change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bayern and barca not even getting champions league! How things change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say the biggest surprise is the fact Real Madrid face constant relegation battles!

What happened to Olympique Lyonnais & Olympique De Marsielle? :O

Marseille got relegated in 2029 and Lyon got relegated for a 2nd time in 2035. Both teams now sit in the National (the third tier of French football).

Finland
2038 - World Cup
View attachment 339382

Warm-up Games:

View attachment 339381View attachment 339380View attachment 339379

The warm-up games served their purpose, with 3 comfortable wins helping to top up on both match fitness and morale.

Group Stage:

View attachment 339378View attachment 339377View attachment 339376

We started our group stage with a relatively comfortable 2-0 win over the African nation Mali, with goals from right winger Laurikainen and attacking midfielder Lehtonen bagging the goals. We followed this victory up with a brilliant 5-0 win over the Mexicans, all but securing our place in the next round due to our superior goal difference. The highlight of the game has to be the hatrick from Lehtonen, taking him to 4 goals from 2 games. In the final group game we rotated the squad a little, and we could only manage a 1-1 draw due to a Jarno Timoska header, however this was still enough to top the group and secure a second round tie against Poland.

2nd Round - Finland 3 - 1 Poland

View attachment 339375

I was pretty worried when Poland took a 16th minute lead, however 2 quick goals from striker Kekkonen calmed the nerves and saw us head into half time with a 2-1 lead. We then extended this lead in the 60th minute from the penalty spot, allowing me to rest a couple of players for the quarter final tie against Brazil.

Quarter Final - Finland 3 - 3 Brazil (Finland won 6-5 on penalties)

View attachment 339372

In by far the most entertaining game of our tournament, Tom Kekkonen gave us the lead three times in scoring a hatrick, only for Brazil to score 3 equalizers, the last of which came in the 86th minute! We were running on near empty during extra time and Brazil had a couple of decent chances, however they missed them and the game went to penalties. We both scored our first 5, however ex Inter Turku striker Everton missed his penalty, allowing young midfielder Lempinen the chance to send us through and that is exactly what he did.

Semi Final - Finland 2 - 0 Ukraine

View attachment 339367

My main dilemma here was whether to stick with a tired first 11 after the Brazil game, or whether to play a few of the backups and hope they could deal with being chucked into a World Cup semi. In the end the side I put out was a bit of a mix, and it was one of the backup players who gave us the lead, Nigerian born centre back Opara heading us in front after 32 minutes. An early second half penalty from Lehtonen doubled our lead and allowed me to take off a few of the first choice players and to rest them up for the final, where we would meet 3 time winners Uruguay!

Final - Finland 2 - 1 Uruguay

View attachment 339361

Firstly I've got to admit we were very lucky to win this as I originally played this game and we conceded a 88th minute goal to go 3-2 down, however as I went to make subs the chase the game the game shot through to full time but wouldn't let me progress, stuck at 'waiting for next highlight'. I decided to replay the game as there was time for an equalizer when I made the subs, despite it looking unlikely, and for the fact I would have replayed it if we had been winning.

However in replayed game, we managed to take an early lead through Tom Kekkonen, who certainly likes a goal against the South American sides! We looked like holding the lead into half time, however £46,500,000 rated Cagliari striker Curbelo pulled the Uruguayan's level just before the break. Into the second half and it was once again a Kalle Lehtonen penalty which gave us the lead, a third penalty in 4 knockout round games. We then had 25 minutes to hold onto that lead and that is exactly what we did, winning Finland's first ever international tournament in only our second ever appearance at the World Cup finals!

Awards:

View attachment 339358View attachment 339359View attachment 339360View attachment 339357

Juventus striker Kekkonen wins both young player of the tournament and the golden boot, with his 7 goals coming in fewer games then Lehtonen's 7 goals. Paavolainen won the best goalkeeper, whilst we had 4 Finnish players and 2 FC Inter Turku players named in the dream team for the competition.

Next update will probably cover the July and August months domestically, as well as the European group stage draws for Finnish clubs. To be honest, I'm not sure how much I'll now be playing the save now after winning the World Cup, but hopefully it doesn't kill my interest in the save!

Just read through all of this. Unreal story man! You did such a good job as manager and in the layout of the story :)