FC Inter Turku
Champions League Group + Finnish Clubs in Europe:

View attachment 341642

Inter Turku and RoPS in Champions League:

View attachment 341640View attachment 341639

Our group should be pretty competitive below us, whilst RoPS have now jumped to being 2nd seeds in their group and so have been rewarded with a group where they should be able to guarantee themselves some sort of European football after Christmas.

FC Lahti, HJK and FC Haka in Europa League:

View attachment 341636View attachment 341635View attachment 341634

Just like last year, it is Lahti who probably have the best chance of progressing through their group. HJK have a slight chance of making it through their group whilst Haka will probably be lucky not to finish bottom in theirs.

Next update will be a September World Cup Qualifier Update...

Finland
September 2036

View attachment 341607

Finland 7 - 0 Hungary

View attachment 341606

Hungary will be sick of the sight of us! They came to Finland looking for retribution after we beat the 8-0 in the Euros qualifying campaign last year, however all they got was another beating by a rampant Finland side, lead by a Markus Scheweleff hatrick. Sorry TractorBoy7! ;)

Denmark 1 - 0 Finland

View attachment 341603

Unfortunately we couldn't build on our solid start, slipping to a 1-0 victory against rivals Denmark who got a little revenge for us beating them at the European Championships. This was arguably the hardest game in the group, although the away trip to Sweden next month will also be a difficult challenge.

Next update will be of the October and November qualifiers or the last few months of the season...

FC Inter Turku
August, September and October 2036

View attachment 341523

Fixtures:

View attachment 341522

No your eyes are not deceiving you. Our unbeaten league run of 489 games unbeaten came to an end after getting thrashed 8-0 by FC Lahti. I feel cheated to be honest, we only had 1 first teamer and 2 decent youth players available because the game was scheduled a day after an international game, so all my team were travelling back from international duty. This is what my team looked like...

View attachment 341521

Player Stats:

View attachment 341520

Welsh striker Heath has been outstanding since joining, putting them away with ease and he will be frightening when he hits his potential.

League Table:

View attachment 341519

RoPS had their best season yet, finishing with 75 points in second place. FC Lahti get the third CL place whilst HIFK will get the automatic EL group stage place, which will be their first appearance in the competition!

Next update will be the October and November qualifier update with Finland...

Finland
October and November - 2036

View attachment 341134

Finland 4 - 0 Malta

View attachment 341133

A nice easy win over the minnows of the group, with youngster Kekkonen bagging a brace.

Sweden 2 - 2 Finland

View attachment 341132

After resting a few players against Malta, it seemed to pay dividends against Sweden when we took an early 4th minute lead and even after Sweden equalized from the penalty spot in the 29th minute, it only took us 1 minute to re-establish our one goal lead through an own goal. Unfortunately, we couldn't hold on for a win as Sweden's Brazilian born striker David pulled the scores back level at 2-2 with 12 minutes to go.

Slovenia 1 - 5 Finland

View attachment 341131

We only had one qualifier in November, and that was a comfortable away win against Slovenia. Braces for Tuomaala and Strandvall were joined by a first international goal from 20 year old centre back Jaaskela.

Next update will be a review of our Champions League Group Stage...

FC Inter Turku
Champions League Group Stage + Finnish Clubs in Europe - 2036

View attachment 341120

Fixtures:

View attachment 341115

6 wins out of 6 games in the group stages, scoring 22 goals and conceding just the one. If we keep up that sort of defensive record then we will have a chance of getting our trophy back this season. We start that challenge with a 1st knockout round tie against Sampdoria.

Player of the Group Stage - Jon Lenagan

View attachment 341114

9 goals in 5 starts for the Englishman taking over from Linssen as our first choice striker, including 2 devastating hatricks away against PSV and Freiburg.

RoPS in Champions League:

View attachment 341113

By far RoPS' best ever season in Europe so far, taking 14 points and going unbeaten throughout their group stage. They have been rewarded with a tie against Benfica in the 1st knockout round which they should have a chance of winning given their group stage form.

FC Lahti, Haka and HJK in Europa League:

View attachment 341112View attachment 341111View attachment 341110

FC Lahti flew out of the blocks in their group, beating Young Boys and FC Lahti in their first two games. They got another 4 from the next 4 games, which was enough to sneak second place and progress to the 1st knockout round of the Europa League where they will play CSKA Moscow. Haka and HJK on the other hand were very disappointing, taking just 1 and 3 points respectively.

Next update will be an end of season review...

Last edited:

FC Inter Turku

Season Review - 2036

View attachment 341108

Finnish Premier League - Winners

View attachment 341107

Finnish Cup and League Cup - Winners

View attachment 341106View attachment 341105

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round (In Progress)

View attachment 341104View attachment 341103

Fans Player of the Year - Moussa Sanogo

View attachment 341102View attachment 341101

Best 11:

View attachment 341100

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 341099

Next update will be a 2036 review for Finland...

Finland

View attachment 341098

Fixtures:

View attachment 341096

World Cup 2038 Qualifying Group:

View attachment 341094

We sit in second but with Sweden and Denmark to play at home, I feel as though we are in a very good position to win the group and qualify.

World Ranking - 1st

View attachment 341090

The rankings are a farce but it is still nice to see us ranked as the best national team in the world. I'd love to win a tournament with Finland before this save is over!

Player of the Year - Tom Kekkonen

View attachment 341088

Under 21 Player of the Year - Tom Kekkonen

View attachment 341087

Best 11:

View attachment 341085

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 341084

Next update will be a Champions League knockout round update...

Can you do a where are they now with the overall best XI, interested where everyone is

Can you do a where are they now with the overall best XI, interested where everyone is

Yeah, here's a screenshot of the 'where are they now' for the club. I'm afraid it's not very interesting though, as the majority are either still at the club or retired as players and didn't go into becoming staff. The only 2 players to go on to become staff are Wesley Foderingham, who is our under 19's goalkeeping coach, and Paul Robertson, who is an unemployed assistant manager.

View attachment 340980

Yeah, here's a screenshot of the 'where are they now' for the club. I'm afraid it's not very interesting though, as the majority are either still at the club or retired as players and didn't go into becoming staff. The only 2 players to go on to become staff are Wesley Foderingham, who is our under 19's goalkeeping coach, and Paul Robertson, who is an unemployed assistant manager.

View attachment 677519
Alright cheers for that

FC Inter Turku
2037 - Season Preview

View attachment 340979

Transfers:

View attachment 340978

No incoming transfers as we continue to try to promote from within. We did make 2 decent sales, with left back Lagos going to Benfica for £18,750,000 and centre midfielder Hermens left to go to Atalanta for £11,250,000. We also sent Finnish midfielder Pakkala out for a loan spell at Real Madrid, where he will try to help the Spanish giants in their now yearly fight against relegation.

View attachment 340977View attachment 340976View attachment 340975

Finnish League Cup:

View attachment 340974

We did manage to win the League Cup yet again, however RoPS did push us all the way in the final as we could only take the game 13-12 on penalties after a 1-1 draw. Just more evidence of how RoPS are progressing as a club.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round - FC Inter Turku 7 - 0 Sampdoria

View attachment 340971View attachment 340970

2 very late goals in the first leg away in Italy put us in a commanding position in the tie, and we then followed it up with a clinical 5-0 victory at home. RoPS lost the first leg of their quarter final 1-0 away in Portugal, however won 2-0 at home to set up an all Finnish Champions League Quarter Final against us!

Other News:

1)
The council blocked the expansion to the stadium, so the next day the board announced pland for an even bigger extension to the stadium. We're adding 10,775 seats which will take the capacity to 32,326. One annoying thing though, is that we still aren't holding Champions League knockout games at our stadium and I'm not sure why. Surely a 20,000 seater stadium is big enough for Champions League knockout games?

View attachment 340969

Next update will be the Champions League quarters (and hopefully) semi finals...

FC Inter Turku
Champions League Quarter and Semi Final - 2037

View attachment 340911

Quarter Final - FC Inter Turku 7 - 0 RoPS

View attachment 340909View attachment 340908

RoPS put up a great showing in the first leg, as we could only manage to beat them 1-0 at home in a tight game. In the second leg however, we blew them away and won the game 6-0 with braces from Ramos, Lenagen and Lehtonen.

Semi Final - FC Inter Turku 8 - 2 Liverpool

View attachment 340905View attachment 340904

Into the Champions League final we go for a 5th straight season. A 5-0 win at the Olympiastadion was then followed by a 3-2 win at Anfield to give us an 8-2 aggreagte win and to set up a final against Manchester City in a repeat of the 2033 final.

Next update will be an April and May review, with the Champions League final included...

FC Inter Turku
April and May 2037 (Including Champions League Final)

View attachment 340892

Fixtures:

View attachment 340891

A solid start to the season as expected, averaging over 4 goals scored a game.

Player Stats:

View attachment 340890

The two players with the highest average ratings are both you Finnish midfielders, suggesting that the future is bright for the national team.

League Table:

View attachment 340889

The only surprise here is that regular third place finishers FC Lahti are lingering down in 9th place. I suppose they'll not be too bothered though, as the fact we won the Champions League means they'll now go automatically into the group stages of the competition when it starts again.

Champions League Final - FC Inter Turku 3 - 2 Manchester City

View attachment 340888

When City went down to 10 men after just 3 minutes, I thought we'd be in for an easy game but I was wrong. Twice during the game we took the lead only to pegged back level, however when Lehtonen bagged his second of the game on the 75th minute, chipping the City goalkeeper, it was enough to secure the win and a 6th Champions League title in charge of the club!

Next update will be a June and July review...

FC Inter Turku
Meet the Squad - Part 1 (2037)

View attachment 340868

Goalkeepers:

1st Choice: Jermu Paavolainen -
He's just recently became the all time record league appearance maker for the club, at 29 I hope he still has 5 or 6 years as first choice keeper for the club and national team. Arguably the best ever player to come through our academy?

View attachment 340874View attachment 340873

Backup: Angel Fortunato -
A young Argentine keeper we brought in on a free last season. Hopefully will eventually take over from Paavolainen, however I'd imagine he will demand to leave due to a lack of appearances before then.

View attachment 340872View attachment 340871

Finnish Youth Prospects:
Neither will ever be anything but a backup at the club, however if nobody better comes along they may be fighting it out for the Finland number 1 shirt in a few years.

View attachment 340870View attachment 340869

Right Backs:

1st Choice: Moussa Sanogo -
Originally brought into the club from Montpellier for £4,900,000 with the intention of playing centre back, I quickly realised that he was the natural long term right back due to his all round game being so strong. He's a three time winner of African defender of the year.

View attachment 340867View attachment 340866

Backups: Flip Alla-Porkunnen + Kerry Connor -
Both products of our youth academy, Flip is slightly ahead of English born Connor at the moment for club and country, who is spending the year on loan at Elche.

View attachment 340863View attachment 340864View attachment 340865View attachment 340862

Left Backs:

1st Choice: Xavier Ramos -
A great pick up at just £1,700,000 due to an expiring contract at Las Palmas, the Spanish international has averaged above an 8 rating in every full season he has completed so far. Writing this update now has made me realise I'll need to replace him soon due to his advancing years, but he's not on the decline quite yet so there's no rush.

View attachment 340860View attachment 340859

Backup: Joaquim Niemi -
A product of our youth academy, I actually didn't sign him by accident which meant that when I approached him as a free transfer a few years later, we had to wait a couple of years for him to join as his first nationality was Argentinian and they have rules on youth signings to foreign countries. Since then, we sent him out on loan a few times and then froze his career in the B team for a bit to keep him off the Argentine radar until he got a full Finland cap.

View attachment 340854View attachment 340853

Centre Backs:

1st Choice: Raul and Luiz Fabiano -
The two Brazilian centre backs were brought in for £2,600,000 and on a free respectively, and have both been great servants to the club since coming in, with 5 Champions League medals to Raul's name and 4 to Fabiano's. At just 26, they are both in the prime of their careers and could add to that haul if they stay at the club.

View attachment 340845View attachment 340844View attachment 340843View attachment 340842

Backups: Josu Melendez and Juha Jaaskela -
Melendez is a Spanish international who we brought in on a free to be our 3rd choice centre back, whilst Jaaskela is currently 4th choice at the club but has been first choice centre back for the national team since he was 19!

View attachment 340841View attachment 340840View attachment 340839View attachment 340838

Next update will be part two of the meet the squad, going over our midfielders and strikers...

FC Inter Turku
Meet the Squad - Part 2 (2037)

View attachment 340837

Centre Midfielders:

1st Choice: Martin Garay and Anderson Luiz -
Garay has been at the club for 10 years and has been involved in all of our Champions League wins since joining for £3,500,000. Luiz joined a couple of years back for £6,000,000 and has only just taken over as first choice due to me feeling that we needed to inject some fresh legs into the midfielder and break up the long term partnership of Garay and Jae-Yoon.

View attachment 340836View attachment 340835View attachment 340834View attachment 340833

Backups: Byun Jae-Yoon and David Cusack -
Jae-Yoon, like Garay, has been at the club for 10 years and has been involved in all 6 Champions League wins. A 2 time Asian player of the year and a great merchandise seller, I think his purchase of £950,000 from Ajax could be one of my best deals so far on this save. Cusack is the long term replacement for Garay as the box to box midfielder, and at just £5,000,000 I think he will turn out to be an excellent purchase for the club.

View attachment 340832View attachment 340831View attachment 340830View attachment 340829

Finnish Youth Prospects:
Pakkala will probably never make it at the club but will be a good player for Finland, whereas Makela will make a good backup player for the club, however I may have to freeze his career a bit to avoid him getting an Argentina call up.

View attachment 340828View attachment 340827

Left Wingers:

1st Choice: Mart Van Dongen -
Brought in from Croatian side Dinamo for £5,000,000, he became first choice for the club after around 3 years and has never looked back. At 26, he is now heading into the prime years of his career.

View attachment 340826View attachment 340825

Backup: Markus Scheweleff -
A real club legend, the 33 year old winger left to go to Napoli early in his career but returned on a free due to an unsuccessful spell. After returning to the club, we trained him to become a left winger due to his outstanding pace and he was first choice winger for many years, and has got over 100 caps for the national side, where he is still first choice winger.

View attachment 340822View attachment 340821

Right Wingers:

1st Choice: Adam Iwanowski -
For a long time he was our club record signing at £24,000,000, I took the plunge to sign him as a Polish wonderkid and I never doubted for one minute that he wouldn't be a success. An all round great player and he has the knack of scoring big goals in big games as well.

View attachment 340820View attachment 340819

Backups: Ari Tuomaala and Aki Laurikainen -
Two generations of Finnish right wingers here. Tuomaala is the current first choice national winger, but Laurikainen is pushing him for that spot and will get the chance to be backup winger at the club soon, as Tuomaala has asked to be allowed to move on for a fresh challenge.

View attachment 340801View attachment 340818View attachment 340817View attachment 340816

Attacking Midfielders:

1st Choice: Kalle Lehtonen -
Another candidate for being the best player ever produced at the club, Kalle has averaged above an 8 rating every full season since coming through the academy. He has 37 international goals in 84 appearances for the national team, aged just 27.

View attachment 340815View attachment 340814

Backups: Olexiy Velychko + Kim Lempinen -
Velychko came in for £10,000,000 as a 20 year old to be my backup attacking midfielder and has done a fine job when called upon, although he isn't really a top class player. Lempinen is just starting to break into the first team squad and will play an important part in the national team for a long time.

View attachment 340811View attachment 340810View attachment 340809View attachment 340808

Strikers:

1st Choice: Jon Lenagan -
Signed for a minuscule £1,200,000 from Man City, he's recently become first choice striker since the sale of Linssen to Barcelona, however I think his place will soon be under threat by the next player.

View attachment 340807View attachment 340806

Backup: Clive Heath -
Our record signing at £27,500,00, he could become the best striker in the world in my opinion. Will probably play the next Champions League campaign as back up but after that will become first choice.

View attachment 340805View attachment 340804

Youth Prospects:
Vaino is decent but Kangas has the potential to become the best ever Finnish striker once he reaches his potential.

View attachment 340803View attachment 340802
For my next update, I've decided to give a quick run down of the major European Leagues and competitions since the save started, so you can see the state of football in 2037!

Last edited:
Really appreciate the meet the players thing!

Must have taken you so long :p

World Football Round-up
View attachment 340796

Barclays Premier League + Rest of English Leagues:

View attachment 340795View attachment 340794View attachment 340793View attachment 340792View attachment 340791

No interesting winners of the Premier League I'm afraid, possibly a reflection of just how much money there is at the top of the Premier League. My team Sunderland are floundering down in League 2, whilst Southend are being promoted into the Premier League for next season.

Liga BBVA:

View attachment 340790View attachment 340789View attachment 340788

On the whole Spanish football has been dominated by Barcelona, however in the past 4 years we have seen 4 different winners of the league, with the most surprising winners probably being Almeria. Real Madrid are involved in a yearly relegation battle, whilst city neighbours Atletico are in the third tier of Spanish football.

Bundesliga:

View attachment 340787View attachment 340786

Bayern, Dortmund and Stuttgart have been the most dominant teams in Germany, although Bayern have fell away in recent years and St Pauli have managed to get a couple of titles to their name.

Serie A:

View attachment 340785View attachment 340784

Serie A has generally been very competitive over the years. Cagliari have won the league the past 2 years and have built a very decent side. Roma are in Serie B and Fiorentina are in the third tier.

Ligue 1:

View attachment 340783View attachment 340782

Nothing too interesting here, Monaco and PSG have won the majority of titles and the league on a whole does not look too different.

Champions League + Europa League:

View attachment 340781View attachment 340780

World Cup:

View attachment 340779

Regional international tournament:

View attachment 340778View attachment 340777View attachment 340776View attachment 340775View attachment 340774View attachment 340773

Next update will be back to regular updates, so it'll be a June and July review...