FC Inter Turku
Europa League Qualifying 2016

View attachment 378625

1st Round - FC Inter Turku 7 - 0 Racing FC (On aggregate)

View attachment 378624View attachment 378623

Easy victory against the side from Luxembourg, using mainly backup players.

2nd Round - FC Inter Turku 3 - 2 Dinamo Minsk (On aggregate)

View attachment 378622View attachment 378621

After a 1-0 victory at home in the 1st leg, we headed to Belarus for the second leg and got an early away goal which put us in the driving seat. 2 equalizers from Coulthirst meant the away tie finished 2-2 and we progressed to play Russian side Dinamo Moscow in the 3rd round.

3rd Round - FC Inter Turku 2 - 3 Dinamo Moscow (On aggregate)

View attachment 378620View attachment 378619

Unfortunately we couldn't repeat our Europa League heroics of last year as we bow out in the 3rd qualifying round against the big Russian side. A late Shaquile Coulthirst goal in the first leg saw us come away with a respectable 2-1 defeat in the away leg. We looked like me might have turned it around in the home leg as we rushed into a 2-0 lead, however they pulled it back to 2-2 in the second half to send us out!

Next update will be a August and September review, can we strengthen our grip on the league title?

Last edited:

FC Inter Turku
August, September and October 2016

View attachment 378140

Finnish Cup Final:

View attachment 378139

I can't believe we lost this game! We had a fully fit squad to choose from but we didn't turn up on the day and we probably deserved to lose. 2 years in a row now we have lost in the final of this competition.

Fixtures:

View attachment 378138

After being knocked out of the Europa League, we went on an amazing domestic run which saw us unbeaten for 20 odd matches. Sort of makes it worse that we didn't turn up for the Cup Final but we more than made up for it by winning the league title with 7 or 8 games to go in the season. We did lose the unbeaten run when we played a few younger players towards the end of the season but I wasn't too bothered.

Player Stats:

View attachment 378137

My first choice front 3 for the season got the 3 highest average ratings, proving what a potent attacking force we have.

League Table:

View attachment 378136

Won the league at a canter, the lack of European football probably helped but we are now clearly the best team in Finland!

Youth Intake:

View attachment 378135

A pretty poor intake, but there was one player who has decent potential and may make it at the club in the future...

View attachment 378134

Other News:

1)
Our training facilities have been downgraded due to technological advances, and now stand at a average level.

View attachment 378132

Next update will be an end of season review, and then we'll take a quick look at how the Finnish national team got on in 2015!

Last edited:

Finland

View attachment 378108

Fixtures:

View attachment 378107

A pretty awful year 3 straight defeats to start the year against Austria, Croatia and the Ukraine was followed by an awful draw at home to Latvia. The only win for the year was the 4-1 away win in Andorra.

World Cup Qualifying:

View attachment 378105

Already no chance of qualifying, the second half of fixtures will just be about restoring pride...

World Ranking Graph:

View attachment 378104

Player of the Year - Perparim Hetemaj

View attachment 378103

Young Player of the Year - Mostagh Yaghoubi

View attachment 378102

Best 11:

View attachment 378101

Next up will be a season preview with Inter Turku for the 2017 season, can we retain our League Cup?

Congrats on winning the league.
Lalkovic is turning out very well for you... any big clubs eyeing him?

CL will bring in much welcome money, anxious to see who you draw... hope it will be a good draw and progress on.

Going well mate after your first league win, Unlucky to draw Dinamo Moscow in the Qualifiers there probably a better team than any i have faced in the Champions League qualifiers so far with limerick, KIU

Congrats on winning the league.
Lalkovic is turning out very well for you... any big clubs eyeing him?

CL will bring in much welcome money, anxious to see who you draw... hope it will be a good draw and progress on.

Thanks mate, haven't had much interest for Lalkovic but had a few clubs sniffing around Fotheringham and Coulthirst. We only get derisory offers like ?100,000.

Still getting bids of around ?5,000,000 for the young Finnish striker Vilnajen though, don't really want to sell him because I want to make sure he doesn't go to a bigger club and fall down the pecking order and not develop properly. However, if we don't make enough off of the back of our Champions League campaign this year my hand may be forced!

Going well mate after your first league win, Unlucky to draw Dinamo Moscow in the Qualifiers there probably a better team than any i have faced in the Champions League qualifiers so far with limerick, KIU

Hoping to get a decent draw in the qualifiers, starting to pick up decent regens but with that comes higher wages than the paltry money in domestic Finnish football can offer.

Congratulations on winning the league!

Thanks mate, think I'm cursed in the Finnish Cup though!

FC Inter Turku
Season 2017 - Preview

View attachment 377631

Transfers:

View attachment 377630

Firstly, we let a couple of the usual types go on a free transfer as well as selling Babacar Diallo for 100k. On the incomings, we paid 400k for a young versatile Nigerian under 20's international midfielder whilst also bring in a promising American regen right back on a free. We also brought in a young Nigerian winger on a free and originally loaned him out to VPS to get game time however after a couple of injuries we've had to recall him and he'll be in and around the first team squad.

Squad:

View attachment 377629View attachment 377628

No real major changes to the squad from last year, we're a little stronger and most of the players are young and therefore being a year older they should be a lot better and also better for the experience of last season. How well we can do in the Champions League will probably depend heavily on the luck of the draw...

Finnish League Cup:

View attachment 377627

A couple of poor results the group stages as we were still having to deal with the lack of match fitness of a few players and some youth international call ups. However, once we picked up and hit our top form, we ended up running through teams in the knockout rounds and we retained the trophy we won last year.

Next update will be an April and May review, can we get off to a good start in our title defence and can we move towards our first Finnish Cup win!

FC Inter Turku
April and May 2017

View attachment 377310

Fixtures:

View attachment 377301

We've picked up from where we ended our league Cup run, staying unbeaten throughout the league campaign so far and progressing into the semi finals of the Finnish Cup.

Player of the Update - Milan Lalkovic

View attachment 377304

4 goals and 6 assists in the first 9 league games, he would probably have to be considered our star player at the moment.

Player Stats:

View attachment 377299

New midfielder Taye Ameobi has had a solid start to his Inter Turku career, averaging a 7.49 and justifying his 400k transfer fee. Coulthirst could be doing a little better as I feel a 1 in 2 striker rate isn't good enough for a striker of his quality playing in this league.

League Table:

View attachment 377297

Top of the league with a 4 point lead over HJK, think they've improved quite a bit so we'll have to be careful not to let our league form dip too much when our European games start...

Next up will be a June and July review, or an overview of our Champions League qualifying campaign...

FC Inter Turku
June and July 2017

View attachment 376904

Fixtures:

View attachment 376902

8 wins and 3 draws from the 11 league games played over the 2 month period, meaning we remain unbeaten in the league so far this season. The highlight of the two months is undoubtedly the 5-0 win at home in the Turku derby against TPS.

Player of the Update - Taye Ameobi

View attachment 376901

The Nigerian under 20's international midfielder has really settle into his time in Finland and made the advanced playmaker role his own, proving to be a natural successor to Hungarian Tamas Gruborovics.

Player Stats:

View attachment 376900

The biggest surprise here is that Vilnajen has less than half of the starts that Coulthirst has had up front, yet has scored more goals! It could just be because Vilnajen plays in the 'easier' games, but it's good to see he's now at a point where Coulthirst isn't automatic first choice.

League Table:

View attachment 376899

We've established a very comfortable 14 point lead at the top, and from this point we should definitely be looking to retain our league title that we won last year.

Other News:

1)
We got a Danish feeder club to secure some of their best youngsters through our youth academy.

View attachment 376898

2)
Conor Coady gets a injury which will rule him out for 3-4 months, so we bring in an experienced Ghanaian midfielder to play backup to Ihalainen for the rest of the season. But he gets injured as soon as he joins and will miss 4-5 weeks.

View attachment 376897View attachment 376896

3)
We move up over 100 places in the European Club coefficient rankings but the Finnish Premier League drops a few places in the competition rankings.

View attachment 376895View attachment 376894

Next up will be the big one, the Champions League qualifying update!

FC Inter Turku
Champions League Qualifying 2017

View attachment 376840

2nd Knockout Round 1st Leg - FC Inter Turku 4 - 0 Skonto

View attachment 376839

A nice comfortable win over the Latvian Champions to start our Champions League campaign.

2nd Knockout Round 2nd Leg -
Skonto 0 - 2 FC Inter Turku

View attachment 376838

A mix of first teamers and back up players finished the job as we move on to play the Austrian champions Rapid Wien in the next round.

3rd Knockout Round 1st Leg -
SK Rapid Wien 0 - 0 FC Inter Turku

View attachment 376837

A 0-0 draw away in Austria isn't a bad result, however I never like going into a second leg at home without an away goal for insurance.

3rd Knockout Round 2nd Leg -
FC Inter Turku 3 - 2 SK Rapid Wien

View attachment 376836

The second leg started perfectly as Shaquile Coulthirst gave us the lead within the first 5 minutes of the game. Unfortunately, they equalized just over 10 minutes after and then took a lead of their own shortly into the second half, leaving us needing 2 goals to go through. Argentine winger Arza pulled one back pretty quickly but we had to wait until the last kick of the game to get our winner, as Coulthirst bagged a second of the game and sent us through with a 3-2 victory.

Playoff Round 1st Leg -
GNK Dinamo 1 - 1 FC Inter Turku

View attachment 376835

Hungarian midfielder Gruborovics opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the first half and gave us that away goal that we really desired. They did equalize in the second half, before going down to 10 men. We pushed for a winner but they actually had the better chances on the counter when they went down to 10 men. All in all, a 1-1 draw away from home was a pretty decent result.

Playoff Round 2nd Leg -
FC Inter Turku 3 - 1 GNK Dinamo

View attachment 376834

And Champions League here we come! 2 goals inside the first 7 minutes from Coulthirst and Lalkovic put us in the driving seat and when we went 3-0 up with an own goal we had pretty much sealed our place in the group stages. They did pull one back in the second half but we saw the game out and qualified for the Champions League for the first time...

Champions League Group D:

View attachment 376833

I'm really happy with this group in all honesty. A glamour tie against Real Madrid, not the strongest second seeds in Galatasary and a team who we can potentially beat in Viktoria Pilzen. All 3 teams are stronger than us, but if we perform to the best of our abilities we may be able to sneak 3rd place.

Next up will be an update covering the last 3 months of the season, can we secure our 2nd straight title and 1st Finnish Cup?

Fantastic progress mate, good luck in Champs League this season. Are u aiming to take on the National team job? If so, how far away do you think it'll be? :)

Fantastic progress mate, good luck in Champs League this season. Are u aiming to take on the National team job? If so, how far away do you think it'll be? :)

Cheers mate, you definitely want to look for the Champions League update, it'll be a good one!

I'll apply for the national job next time it becomes available, not sure when that will be though.

FC Inter Turku
August, September and October 2017

View attachment 376012

Finnish Cup Final:

View attachment 376011

I thought our Finnish Cup final curse was set to continue after Drew Sterling got sent off in the first minute of the final. However, we managed to stay in the game until late, where two goals from Slovakian winger Lalkovic saw us lift the Cup for the first time in my reign.

Fixtures:

View attachment 376009

Very impressive domestic form considering how quickly the games were coming (More so after you factor in the European games in between). Just 3 draws in the whole period, and the rest were wins!

Player Stats:

View attachment 376008

Incredible form throughout the season from the top 4 players. Considering Ameobi is only 19, he could be a key player for us throughout the seasons to come if we can keep him at the club.

League Table:

View attachment 376006

An unbeaten season and we set a new record points total for the league, I'll take that!

Youth Intake:

View attachment 376005

Our best intake yet probably, reflecting our exceptional junior coaching. Here are the two four star+ potential players, Byskata has already played a few games for the first season towards the end of the season and Juntunen got a goal in his only league start so far.

View attachment 376004View attachment 376003

Next update will be of the Champions League Group Stage update, where we have more than our fair share of upsets! (H)​

great season !

quite a nice draw in the CL as well... if things goes your way.. i can see you sneaking in even in 2nd. But 3rd and into Europa would be a great result.

Cheers mate, you definitely want to look for the Champions League update, it'll be a good one!

I'll apply for the national job next time it becomes available, not sure when that will be though.
Ha I remember on my Limerick save last year i wanted to go for the National team job but they ended up keeping the same manager for 9 years! Bastards, brilliant read though mate KIU

Ha I remember on my Limerick save last year i wanted to go for the National team job but they ended up keeping the same manager for 9 years! Bastards, brilliant read though mate KIU

Yeah, thought he would have been under pressure after the World Cup qualifying campaign they've just had but his job status is stable. Hoping that we'll be able to convince a couple of players to take Finnish nationality in a few years time. Coulthirst needs just under 3 years and he'll never be called up for England so hopefully he will convert! You looking to take the Ireland job on your current Limerick save?

great season !

quite a nice draw in the CL as well... if things goes your way.. i can see you sneaking in even in 2nd. But 3rd and into Europa would be a great result.

Yeah, it was a really kind draw. Gala have an ageing squad and I feel we are more than a match for Plzen. Should give me a decent chance to try and get up Finlands European coefficient!

FC Inter Turku
Champions League Group Stage - 2017

View attachment 375872

Galatasaray 0 - 4 FC Inter Turku

View attachment 375871

What a result for the boys in Turkey! 2-0 up at half time through Lalkovic and a Sterling penalty, a Galatasaray sending off early in the second half allowed us to go 3-0 from a second penalty and we then got a 4th to secure a massive win.

FC Inter Turku 1 - 0 Real Madrid

View attachment 375870

When I'm finished on this save I think I will look back on this result as the best result. In our first ever home Champions League group stage game, we managed to beat the Spanish giants Real Madrid, with a Drew Sterling winner in the 2nd minute.

FC Inter Turku 3 - 0 Viktoria Plzen

View attachment 375869

After the first two results I was expecting a win at home to the team closest to us ability wise, and we delivered it comfortably with a Shaquile Coulthirst hattrick giving us a 3-0 victory.

Viktoria Plzen 1 - 3 FC Inter Turku

View attachment 375866

Would never have dreamt of 4 wins from our first 4 group games but that is exactly what we have got, enough to see us through to the 1st Knockout Round!

FC Inter Turku 4 - 3 Galatasaray

View attachment 375865

What a victory! Galatasary took the lead in the game 3 times but we kept coming back and two goals in the last 5 minutes from Bystaka, who came through our most recent youth intake, saw us win our 5th group game in a row. 5 wins also meant another ?4,000,000 in prize money.

Real Madrid 1 - 1 FC Inter Turku

View attachment 375864

Going into the game without a recognised left back I feared the worst but we held our own in the first half. When Ronaldo put them ahead early in the second half I expected them to run out comfortable winners, but Shaquile Coulthirst had other ideas and bagged a 90th minute equalizer!

Group Stage:

View attachment 375863

So we topped our group and went unbeaten. I always expected us to get a good return from Plzen and thought we may be able to take something from an ageing Galatasaray but never expected either result against Real Madrid. This run should do wonders for our European coefficient! We play Zenit in the first knockout round and if we can carry our group stage form into the games then we will have a chance!

Next up will be an end of season review!

Yeah, thought he would have been under pressure after the World Cup qualifying campaign they've just had but his job status is stable. Hoping that we'll be able to convince a couple of players to take Finnish nationality in a few years time. Coulthirst needs just under 3 years and he'll never be called up for England so hopefully he will convert! You looking to take the Ireland job on your current Limerick save?
Yes i want to around 3 seasons in they chose Mick McCarthy over me but since then hes done a steady job, I mainly want to be really biased and play Maher, Feeney and Delaney all the time, Will be brilliant if you can start to steal players from other nations too