SammyJH94

Reaction score
View attachment 459801

Introduction

After struggling to get settled so far with a club i have decided a new fresh start was needed and why not in the German leauge with none other than FC Schalke, a club very well known and a rather strong starting squad on fm so ive decided i shall try and make Schalke not only the dominant force in Germany, but the world, so lets get started!

FC Schalke

View attachment 459799

View attachment 459798

View attachment 459797

So like i said before i feel they have a rather strong team with the likes of Howedes, Farfan, Boateng and Huntelaar and not to forget youngsters Draxler and Papadopoulos, all players i will look to build the team around as with a budget of 2.5m for this season and expectations of European football hopefully i will be able to achieve these goals and work some magic in the transfer market!

Anyhow there you have it! really excited to start this one and share and let everything unfold with you guys! any questions etc please feel free to ask, next update shall be pre-season round up!

***** please, I want at least 3 seasons this time, or I'll have you!

im playing with schalke too u should sign strandberg timo werner, julian brandt i think:)

I started recently a FM13 career with Schalke with the summer update, and it is very entertaining i must say. Won the Bundesliga trophy first season, and never let it go. :D
A very nice squad with high potential. I hope you enjoy your save as much as i do!

Pre-Season 2013

View attachment 458196

Pre-Season

View attachment 458193

4 wins and 1 draw is very positive results from the team and i feel we are in good shape going in to the season and confidence is high within the squad, only concern being learning the tactics, but hopefully in another few weeks maximum the squad will be more then familiar, but overall a pleasing pre-season.

Transfers

View attachment 458189

Very quiet summer with just the two players coming in, but with a rather low wage/transfer budget and given the lack of depth in some positions im not feeling to confident about the season ahead but with the wage in the red i will have to just play it out season and hope for the best, we have a rather strong team though but will have to look to all the players to play a part and hope injuries don't effect the squad to much, happy with the players i have brought in, i hope i can add some more but its looking unlikely.

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 458184

Rather big first month with German Cup straight from the off and the Champions Cup Play Offs and of course we will kick of the season.

Pre-Season Overview

Overall i felt Pre-season went fairly well, good solid results and a rather strong team going into the start of the season which i will be pushing for top 3 finish but my only concern being the wage in the red along with lack of depth in the team given what will be a rather congested fixture list given the cup and champions cup games (if we qualify) but like i said my aim for the season will be a top 3 and im confident we can achieve that and push on from there.

Good transfer with Honda, mate! 1.4m is a steal actually. Will be following

View attachment 457612

August

One man show in German Cup 1st Rnd

Very frustrating opening to the season

Jermaine Jones wants to move to bigger club

Double against PSV in Play off's

Super sub Clemens wonder strike completes great comeback

View attachment 457611

German Cup 1st Rnd
Bielefeld 1-4 Schalke
Huntelaar(4)

Competitive debut opens up with a win although a slight scare as the opener was actually for the opponents but Huntelaar showed why he is one on the best in the team, smashing 4 goals past a helpless defense to move the team on to the second round.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 3-3 Freiburg
Matip, Huntelaar, Draxler

Very frustrating match, the slow start cost us as we were 2-0 down within 30 minutes but played well to get back into the game but with two key chances missed and hit the woodwork twice in the end it was a rather poor result.

---------------

First Division
Werder Bremen 3-2 Schalke
Huntelaar(2)

Another very frustrating game given the stats were more in our favor but we failed to make them count and in the end lose out in a game we deserved more in.

---------------

Play Off 1st Leg
Schakle 1-0 PSV
Goretzka

Although the win gives us the edge for the 2nd leg i felt a little dissapointed yet again as we should of win by 3 or 4 and have killed the tie and been able to rest a few key players for the second leg but happy in the end to have the advantage for the away match.

---------------

First Divison
Schakle 2-1 Gladbach
Huntelaar(2)

So glad to have picked up our first 3 points in the table but we were made to work for them as Gladbach proved no pushovers but we did dominate for large periods of the game and Huntelaar popped up with a late goal to give us a deserved win.

---------------

Play Off's 2nd Leg
PSV 1-3 Schakle
OG, Farfan(2)

Very happy with this result as i was expecting PSV to really come out and attack us and given our rocky start to the season i felt we played very well especially away from home to run out deserved winners with 3 goals.

---------------

First Division
Hertha BSC 1-2 Schalke
Draxler, Clemens

The month ended in style with another 3 points but it was another 3 points that the team had to work very hard for, after going down 1-0 to the most stupid own goal i think i have ever seen the team came out the second half and responded well to my team talk getting an early goal to get the momentum on our side and on the 77th minute super sub Clemens scored an absolute wonder goal from about 30 yards out to give us the 3 points, great comeback.

View attachment 457609

Player of the Month

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

View attachment 457608

9 goals from 7 games says it all.

Group A

View attachment 457606

Well it wasn't the easiest group for sure but a top 3 should be easy but our Partizan games and home matches against the bigger teams will be key but i wont be to hard done by if i finish 3rd and go into Euro Cup.

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 457605

League Position - 4th (will post table after 2-3 months into season)

Last edited:
View attachment 457433

September

Late thriller against Bayern

Solid start to CL Group

Solid month of league results

Shocker in German Cup 2nd Rnd

View attachment 457422

First Division
Schalke 1-0 FC Bayern
Huntelaar

Great result against the best team in the league who were top with 4 wins from 4 before this game, was fairly even 90 minutes but a late brace from Huntelaar gave us a hard fought and very well worked 3 points. Great win.

---------------

CL Group A
Partizan 0-2 Schalke
Clemens, Fuchs

Kicked off Group A in style by dominating this game, Partizan should count themselves lucky it was only 2-0.

---------------

First Division
Hoffenheim 0-3 Schalke
Howdes(2), Huntelaar

Another solid away game to get another well deserved 3 points on the table.

---------------

German Cup 2nd Rnd
Kaiserslauten 2-2 Schalke (AET) (2-1P)
Matip, Szalai

With confidence high i made alot of changes for this game and after a poor 90 minutes at 1-1 we conceded early into extra time but with 2 minutes to go we managed to ****** a second goal but with a poor shootout we came out second best to a team we really should be beating but as it was only 2nd Rnd it now lets me focus more on the league and CL and our fixture list wont be as congested now, but very poor game.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 3-0 Nurnberg
Howdes, Honda, Draxler

Was a bit worried after our disaster result mid-week in the cup but the lads came out even more determined to get back on form and that's exactly what they did, superb response to get yet another well deserved win.

View attachment 457421

Player of the Month

Christian Clemens

View attachment 457417
Not regarded as a starting 11 player but after his positive start to the season he will be challenging Farfan on the right side, great month for Christian.

Upcoming fixtures

View attachment 457416

League Position - 1st

Will show CL Group next post as we only played the 1 game

View attachment 456520

October

Schalke struggle in a pretty tough month of games

Howdes out for 2 months minimum

Helpless at the hands of Chelsea

View attachment 456519

Group A
Schalke 1-1 Juventus
Huntelaar

Scored 20 seconds into this one and had a few key chances to go 3 or 4 nil up but sadly we failed to make them count and Juventus managed to ****** a goal near the end of the game.

---------------

First Division
HSV 2-3 Schalke
Honda(2), Clemens

HSV really brought the game to us and if it wasn't for an amazing display from Honda we would of been lucky to take a point, pretty even game at times but only difference was we managed to take our chances to grab a well worked 3 points.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 2-2 Dortmund
Farfan, Huntelaar

Actually dissapointed to only take 1 point as we dominated this game against a rather struggling Dortmund side.

-------------

Group A
Chelsea 4-0 Schalke

Chelsea just had the perfect game, we were outclassed.

---------------

First Division
Leverkusen 0-0 Schalke

Bore draw.

View attachment 456514

Player of the Month

Keisuke Honda

View attachment 456510

Nobody played well this month that stood out for POTM but the only win of the month was all cause of this lad.

League Table

View attachment 456509

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 456508

View attachment 453699

November

Board inject 3.5m for transfers

Destroy Augsburg with a helping hand from Huntelaar

Jones now decides he'd like to stay

1 Group A game remaining with things couldn't be tighter for top 2

View attachment 453700

First Division
Schalke 7-1 Augsburg
Papadopoulos, Matip, Boateng, Huntelaar(4)

Biggest win so far and was fully deserved, played amazing and Huntelaar pretty much destroyed the opponents with a full deserved man of the math performance.

​---------------

Group A
Schalke 2-2 Chelsea
Szalai, Matip

Considering the opponents this was a fair result, kinda wanted to win and get revenge for our heavy defeat

​---------------

First Division
Wolfsburg 0-0 Schalke

A rather satisfying draw against a tough opponents, was rather 50/50 with no real chances either.

​---------------

First Division
Schalke 1-0 Braunschweig
Santana

It of all the people, Santana saved us from a rather embarrassing draw with a late header to secure us a vital 3 points, he hasn't played very much this season due to poor form and making quite a few mistakes every game he has been in so was nice to see him ****** the winner in a game i wasn't even going to play him in, lucky i did!

​---------------

Group A
Schalke 2-0 Partizan
Draxler, Clemens

2 victories out of 2 against Partizan to now secure a top 3 finish no matter what happens in the last game of the group.

​---------------

First Division

Frankfurt 0-1 Schalke
Draxler

Frankfurt made this one hard but we managed to pull through with an early second half goal proved to be enough to see the game through and gain yet another vital 3 points to keep pushing up the table.

View attachment 453697

Player of the Month

Lars Unnerstall

View attachment 453698

Lar's has had a very impressive month and at only 23 he still has a good couple years for improving!

Group A

View attachment 453695

One game remaining against Juventus but even with a win its very unlikely Chelsea will even draw never mind lose to Partizan but i am happy with going into the Euro Cup and see how far i can go.

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 453693

Sorry for lack of updates guys this story is still going and im really enjoying it iv'e just been really busy but hopefully you guys are still following and enjoying the posts and the story!

I'm following. Also this is one of the best laid out stories on here. Keep it up

View attachment 452833

December

Going strong in league

Late shocker away to Juventus

Missed out on last 16 on goal difference

Drawn Atromitos in Euro Cup

View attachment 452832

First Division
Schalke 3-1 Mainz
Huntelaar(2), Fuchs

Rather quiet after his 4 goals last month but Huntelaar return in style smashing 2 past Mainz and help us push on in the league.

---------------

Group A
Juventus 1-2 Schalke
Matip, Kolasinac

YES! although this win wasn't enough to secure top 2 what a result! a late header from Matip stole us a win against a very hard team! great for the confidence.

---------------

First Division

Stuttgart 0-2 Schalke
Huntelaar(2)

Will he ever stop dominating!? another 2 for the man of the moment on some real amazing form this season! pretty easy victory against a rather struggling Stuttgart side.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 2-1 Hannover
Huntelaar, Farfan

Dominated the game and should of been up by more than 2 but a late goal for Hannover made it look like a different story, but good result against a side on some real good form.

View attachment 452830

Player of the Month

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

View attachment 452829

Amazing season so far for Huntelaar, 22 goals in 25 games says it all really..

League Table

View attachment 452828

Group A Standings

View attachment 452831

Cant be too hard on the team given the group and how much of a fight we actually put up in the end! so more than happy with my debut in the CL with Schalke and excited to have a challenge at the Euro Cup!

Last edited:
View attachment 451184

January

Friendly
Schalke 3-0 Koln
Szalai, Farfan, Papadopoulous

---------------

Friendly
Schalke 2-0 Dusseldorf
Matip, Huntelaar

Both friendlies not to serious and gave me a chance to give some of the promising players some game time.

---------------

First Division
Freiburg 0-2 Schalke
Matip(2)

Matip saved the day with 2 headers in a game we couldn't really seem to get any key chances in apart from set-pieces.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 1-0 Werder Bremen
Fuchs

Dominated the game but somehow we just couldn't take our chances as we had more than a few! but 3 points in the end.

View attachment 451182

Transfer Activity

Rather quiet transfer period with more people going out on Loan and Jones has signed a deal to leave at the end of the season on a free, speaking of free transfers we have Sergio Romero joining us at the end of the season, very solid looking goalkeeper!

View attachment 451180

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 451181

Due to the very short month i left most things out and also realised that on December post i had the wrong screenshot on Upcoming Fixtures so sorry for the error guys! will have the February Post out tonight, thanks for reading.

View attachment 451055

February

Big shock away to Gladbach

Double header in Euro Cup against Atromitos

Form Flying high takes a dent this month

League table heating up with Bayern and Schalke

View attachment 451057

First Division

Gladbach 4-0 Schalke

After 9 straight competitive wins and only conceding 1 goal in 6 games we somehow fell helplessly to a solid Gladbach side with the help of 2 penalties and an own goal, good run had to end sooner or later but was very annoying to go down like this, just have to keep our chins up and move on swiftly.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 2-0 Hertha BSC
Draxler, Huntelaar

Picked ourselves up after the last game to get the all important 3 points.

---------------

First Division
FC Bayern 2-0 Schalke

Knew this would be a hard one but to lose to two goals in the last 8 minutes makes me feel a little hard done by but we did knick a win against this lot earlier in the season so cant have to many complaints given the quality of the side.

---------------

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rnd 1st Leg
Atromitos 0-1 Schalke
Matip

An early goal from Matip was the only key moment in the game and enough to give us a massive away goal and the edge going into the second leg, although i regret not going more attacking as we could of easily grabbed 2 or 3 in this one given the stats.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 1-1 Hoffenheim
Fuchs

Just couldn't seem to find the net in a poor result against a side we should always be beating especially at home, getting worried now, dropping silly points when we really need them most.

---------------

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rnd 1st Leg
Schalke 0-0 Atromitos (1-0)

Pretty annoyed as very similar to the last game we failed to make our chances pay but Atromotis posed no threat and didn't even have a shot the whole game but wish we had won this game, although through to the next round and will face Russian outfit Anji.

View attachment 451056

Player of the Month

Joel Matip

View attachment 451058

League Table

View attachment 451060

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 451059

Last edited:
Great story, mate. Doing a Schalke save myself. Snapped up Antonio Candreva on a pre-contract during the first season. An absolute gem who can finish and assist way better than Farfan.

Great story, mate. Doing a Schalke save myself. Snapped up Antonio Candreva on a pre-contract during the first season. An absolute gem who can finish and assist way better than Farfan.

Thanks alot mate glad your enjoying it! ah nice one, Farfan has been doing pretty well for me as well as Clemens! But there is a few really good youngsters in the squad, much more than i actually thought!

View attachment 450539

March

Tight top 2 with 6 games to go

Double header against Anji in Euro Cup

Rather average youth intake with nothing special

Late wonder strike from Boateng saves a poor slip up

View attachment 450536

First Division
Nurnberg 0-0 Schalke

Pretty poor draw to add to the rather shaky form of late.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 2-1 HSV
Fuchs, Huntelaar

Glad to pick up this win especially in front of our own fans, big 3 points.

---------------

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd 1st Leg
Anji 1-2 Schalke
Farfan, Howdes

Anji were lucky to even score here in what was a rather one sided affair.

---------------

First Division
Dortmund 2-2 Schalke
Huntelaar(2)

Given the last month or so we haven't been as consistent we took our chances well on this one to grab a well earned draw.
---------------

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd 2nd Leg

Schalke 2-1 Anji (4-2)
Huntelaar(2)

Anji picked up the pace on this one and had spells of causing danger but we have Huntelaar who smashes us into the QF where we will play Udinese.

---------------

First Division
Schalke 2-0 Leverkusen
Farfan(2)

Struggled at times on this one but having more quality paid off in the end with Farfan picking up 2 late goals.

---------------

First Division
Augsburg 0-1 Schalke
Boateng

Played poor all game and it hit 91 minutes and super sub Boateng unleashed a wonder strike from around 30 yards out to send me flying of my seat! and to give us a well needed 3 points and saves us the embarrassment.

View attachment 450535

Player of the Month

Christian Fuchs

View attachment 450505

League Table

View attachment 450533

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 450534