April - May (End of Season)

With the title and Euro Cup still up for grabs lets see how how i got on with the end of my 1st year in charge!...

View attachment 450286

EURO Cup Qtr Finals 1st Leg
Udinese 4-2 Schalke
Boateng, Meyer

------------------

First Division
Schalke 1-0 Wolfsburg
Huntelaar

------------------

EURO Cup Qtr Finals 2nd Leg
Schalke 3-0 Udinese (5-4)
Huntelaar, Matip, OG

------------------

First Division
Braunschweig 0-0 Schalke

------------------

First Division
Schalke 2-1 Frankfurt
Draxler, Uchida

------------------

EURO Cup Semi Finals 1st Leg
Schalke 3-1 Shakhtar
Huntelaar(3)

------------------

First Division
Mainz 0-2 Schalke
Farfan, Huntelaar

------------------

EURO Cup Semi Finals 2nd Leg
Shakhtar 1-0 Schalke (2-3)

------------------

First Division
Schalke 2-1 Stuttgart
Meyer, Clemens

------------------

First Division
Hannover 1-2 Schalke
Goretzka, Neustadter

------------------

EURO Cup Final
Schalke 2-1 Valencia
Clemens, Huntelaar

View attachment 450282

Player of the Month

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

View attachment 450277

League Table (2013-2014)

View attachment 450272

View attachment 450274

My Top 3 Season Performers

1. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

2. Joel Matip

3. Christian Fuchs

Season Review

Phew! what a season! won the League title on my 1st attempt and the EURO Cup which was a nice ending to the season! very pleased with my first year here and really enjoying the save! got some great young players that we can build around and keep up the good work seasons to come, hopefully the club give me a bit of money to work with for the new season ahead! hope you guys are all enjoying the story as much as i am!

Took a break from Football Manager for a few months and now that im up for playing again just decided instead of starting over i will continue this save since i was enjoying it!

Jumped on the save there for the first time since November and ive already done all my friendlies and transfers and i'm at the 1st game of the season i just never got around to posting it up so ill get to grips with it again and start posting the story here for you guys to see how it goes.

View attachment 397570

Pre-Season/ Transfers

View attachment 397569

Out of all the transfers the stand out decision is of course to let Huntelaar leave considering he was top goalscorer for us and best player by a clear mile but as he was getting older i felt it was time to cash out on him to be able to use the money (along with the other players sold) and bring in more depth and quality to the team.

As for players bought Luuk De Jong will have some big boots to now Huntelaar is gone, most of the signing are well known players and i feel will add something different to the side along with some very promising players in Zouma, Mitrovic and De Ceglie and the others as said before will add more depth and give us more options.

View attachment 397567

As always for me Pre-Season is all about getting back to full fitness and trying to get the new players to blend in with the team as quick as possible and in my eyes it went rather well, we played some good football and our younger players are looking very positive.

As for the Super Cup we pulled of a great result in a match that really shouldn't have gone our way but as proven before against Bayern we take our chances and we did well to force almost all there shots from outside the box, great victory and we grab our first trophy of the season and i hope many more to come!

View attachment 397563

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 397562

Straight into the season with German Cup and we have round 2 with Bayern already for the Euro Super Cup! should be a big game in what looks a rather straight forward opening month apart from our last game of course!

Made an account to react on this thread. Because of your story and some other stories i also started with Schalke. Playing a 4 2 3 1 without wingers. And doing pretty decent, had a really nice win against bayern (4-0) as Huntelaar is a god. Sold farfan to use the money for a new keeper. Wanted zieler but they wouldn't let him go for even 15 mil or more. So decided to buy Timo Horn for just 4,5 mil and milan badelj to strengthen my center. Also tried to sign martin montoya, however he wanted 60k. And therefore i am still looking for a good replacement for Ushida as i dont like him as a defender. Is real quality in attack but when defending most wingers outplay him pretty easily. You know any good replacement? And how is Luuk de Jong doing for you? Also thinking about him for a replacement of Huntelaar.

And also wondering what formation you play ;).

Hi all,

This is my first time through the game, and my career started over in England with Leicester, but I moved to FC Shalke 04 in November of 2014. I've managed to pull us back from the bottom half and we're currently sitting 4th. But I've had a hard time generating attempts on goal against top half clubs FC Bayeren, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Hannover, etc. I'm only averaging 10-15 shots on goal, with less than half of those on target. I left the Champions League in the group stage after a loss to Man City where we only generated 5 shots. I play an attacking style 4-1-1-3-1 (4-5-1). The formation and starting eleven are below; Any changes that you guys can see to help increase attack success?

BTW, one of my boardroom goals is to play attacking soccer, and challenge for the title; so I really need to increase shots on target.

Thanks for the advice,

-J-

View attachment 330919