Resource icon

Fearless & Strikerless 4123 2021-01-09

Would be interesting to see how the BBM's change if they were dropped to the Volente roles, may give that a go - Feel free if you're in the mood for testing @veez

on the ball they have some interesting interventions, however you lose balance in the shape and find it hard to control the midfield which maks it easier for the opposition to hurt you - good shout though

Shame, it's a pity the game doesn't recognise their contributions enough - they are involved in a lot of build up play but don't get the recognition in the ratings. I might try take off a few PI's and see what happens.

Shame, it's a pity the game doesn't recognise their contributions enough - they are involved in a lot of build up play but don't get the recognition in the ratings. I might try take off a few PI's and see what happens.

completely agree - think the ratings overly focus on pass and tackel completion, so if the have under 80% it will affect their ratings. the same happens to the DM's - i'm experimenting now with two Mezzala's and one BWM behind them and its looking good so far. Also added dribble less and cut inside to the FB's to try and retain more posession.

Hello,

I like this tactic. I did not buy FM21 yet but seems to be good.
Can i ask you please what are the individual instructions?

Thanks.

@veez Any thoughts on PPMs for the central SS? I have an 18 year old (Jamal Musiala) who I think could be brilliant, he has no PPMs at the moment, what would you train?

Would this work with someone like sunderland? Want to start low down the pyramid but really like the look of this!

I'm trying with Milan but it's a problem. It's not working

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    188.2 KB · Views: 170
  • am.PNG
    am.PNG
    201.7 KB · Views: 166
  • bbm.PNG
    bbm.PNG
    200.3 KB · Views: 127
  • cd.PNG
    cd.PNG
    183 KB · Views: 119
  • fb.PNG
    fb.PNG
    222.8 KB · Views: 127
  • ss.PNG
    ss.PNG
    189.5 KB · Views: 302
@veez Any thoughts on PPMs for the central SS? I have an 18 year old (Jamal Musiala) who I think could be brilliant, he has no PPMs at the moment, what would you train?

i bought him too on my watford save, think he will develop greatly too, but need him to be faster so have him working on his quickness / PPM's i'd definitely go for places shots, beat off-side trap, tries chips, goes past keeper as he will have a lot of one on one's with the keeper and unfortunately a lot of players just plast it when they need to be more composed and clinical

Would this work with someone like sunderland? Want to start low down the pyramid but really like the look of this!

haven't tried it in such a lower league, but i think it can definitely work, i like those sorts of projects too - you just need to try and find players suited for it. speed is very important, especially in the front 3 . hope you give it a try and let us know how you do!

I'm trying with Milan but it's a problem. It's not working

are you simply drawing too many games or losing games too? conceeding too much or simply missing chances? it's important to have players with the right attributes to exploit the opposition. as i mentioned before, speed is very important. Rafael Leão should do well, although he needs to improve his finishing. Çalhanoglu for example would probably struggle as he is slow. Also, in Serie A a lot of teams plays very defensive with 3 at the back and 2 or 3 CM's, plus deeper lines, which may prove harder to break down. I'll probably try serie A when i finish my watford save

are you simply drawing too many games or losing games too? conceeding too much or simply missing chances? it's important to have players with the right attributes to exploit the opposition. as i mentioned before, speed is very important. Rafael Leão should do well, although he needs to improve his finishing. Çalhanoglu for example would probably struggle as he is slow. Also, in Serie A a lot of teams plays very defensive with 3 at the back and 2 or 3 CM's, plus deeper lines, which may prove harder to break down. I'll probably try serie A when i finish my watford save

Ok. Thank you ;)

Made a few changes and seem to have really found a great balance to the tactic, both defensively and offensively

Seem to only be conceeding from throw-ins and in direct free kicks - also am not scoring anywhere enough goals from corners, therefore does anyone recommend any set-piece tactics that are more efficient and that i can plug into this?

when i finish the season with Watford i'll publish the new version - think it can be a definate improvement, especially with a set-piece tweak

Attachments

• watford.PNG
    watford.PNG
    179.1 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Finished the season with Watford winning the championship with a record 122 pts, 136 goals scored and only 34 conceeded in 46 games. Best averages i've achieved so far. Also went on a 33 game unbeaten run. Lost 2-3 to Liverpool in Carabao Cup Quarter Final and 1-2 to City in the FA Cup Quarter Final after beating Everton and Leicester.

David Brooks was the top scorer with 31 goals in 40 games and did really well, but had a lot of injuries and had to rotate my front 3 quite a bit, therefore goals are quite spread out through a lot of players.

Changes to the tactic were BBM > MEZ, A > DLP and and added Cut Inside + Dribble Less to the FB's - also added Tighter Marking and Force Opposition Wide regarding defensive widtth. I've added a new set-piece setup but need more testing to figure out if it's better or not. Still looking for a proven setup there if anyone can help.

I'm posting the tactic here for now instead of the OP - i'd really appreciate it if anyone that downloads it posts some feedback so we can try to understand if this version is in fact better than the original. I will keep testing with Watford in the Premier League and post some updates too.

Attachments

• watford2.PNG
    watford2.PNG
    205.5 KB · Views: 603
  • watford3.PNG
    watford3.PNG
    528.2 KB · Views: 567
  • Fearless & Strikerless 4123 v666.fmf
    46 KB · Views: 606
Finished the season with Watford winning the championship with a record 122 pts, 136 goals scored and only 34 conceeded in 46 games. Best averages i've achieved so far. Also went on a 33 game unbeaten run. Lost 2-3 to Liverpool in Carabao Cup Quarter Final and 1-2 to City in the FA Cup Quarter Final after beating Everton and Leicester.

David Brooks was the top scorer with 31 goals in 40 games and did really well, but had a lot of injuries and had to rotate my front 3 quite a bit, therefore goals are quite spread out through a lot of players.

Changes to the tactic were BBM > MEZ, A > DLP and and added Cut Inside + Dribble Less to the FB's - also added Tighter Marking and Force Opposition Wide regarding defensive widtth. I've added a new set-piece setup but need more testing to figure out if it's better or not. Still looking for a proven setup there if anyone can help.

I'm posting the tactic here for now instead of the OP - i'd really appreciate it if anyone that downloads it posts some feedback so we can try to understand if this version is in fact better than the original. I will keep testing with Watford in the Premier League and post some updates too.

I'll start a save with Milan now :)

1611061907254.png

1611061965226.png

That draw was one of that games with a lot of shots and the keeper saving it all........