MiiCK

Reaction score
I'm sunderland on FM11 in my first season, about 10 games in.. doing well (7th in prem) and i want to try get a parent or feeder club, and it doesnt let me? tried since day 1 of playing the game, still can't do it.. is it the same for every team in the first season? or is because sunderland aren't the best team? or? quite annoying tbh, don't have any affiliated clubs right now (none at the start of game) and i can't add a feeder or parent club from the affiliated club screen either... sucks XD

pic:

View attachment 112318

MiiCK! (H)

try searching for them near the half of any transfer window. i think only then it works

You probably won't be able to get a parent club being Sunderland. I'm Walsall and managed to get Derby as a parent club and they almost instantly sent Ben Pringle on loan to me. Have you tried looking for a feeder club instead of a parent club?

if you are a team like Sunderland you will only get feeder clubs, not parent clubs...

if you look at the pic and the thread title you'll see im asking about both parent AND feeder clubs.. still cant get any, not bothered if i get a parent or feeder, just pointless having it there if you cant request it

MiiCK: If you get relegated or such and manage to lower Sunderlands reputation you will be able to get a Parent Club.

if you look at the pic and the thread title you'll see im asking about both parent AND feeder clubs.. still cant get any, not bothered if i get a parent or feeder, just pointless having it there if you cant request it

Have you checked incase you already have enough feeder clubs? Maybe the board wont let you have anymore.

well then it must be some sort of bug, are there any new restrictions in Fm11 or anything?

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Have you checked incase you already have enough feeder clubs? Maybe the board wont let you have anymore.
that is the most likely cause, and just remember, not all of your feeder clubs show up when you want to send players there, you need to go to Information - Affiliated clubs etc and see whats happening there...

You guys really don't read the first post of this guy. That really bothers me. How could you possibly say the the most likely problem is he already has too many/enough affiliated clubs, while he clearly states in his first post that he has NONE.

Yeah you wont get a Parent Club beeing sunderland, only other option is your feeder club, but I dont know about anyone else, but their only good for sending your reserve players, or really good regens..... apparantly most or all the u18's are too young to go on loan there, so you end up paying a club say 180k a year to send your players there, because at the end of the day 9 out of 10 times they dont have any good players coming from their youth for you to buy....... and its really annoying when other clubs bid for players from your feeder clubs, constantly getting reminded that if you want to bid for them you can?

waste of money I think

I've been having trouble getting a parent club as well, even though I'm the least valuable club in the Italian system. I think it may be a bug, because I don't remember this kind of trouble in FM10.

Hi, try put your mouse over the 'parent club', then you will be shown by the game about why the option is not available.

Like this one,

F:%5CUsers%5CJoseph%20Andreas%5CDocuments%5CSports%20Interactive%5CFootball%20Manager%202011%5Cscreenshots%5CS.S.%20Lazio%20%28Boardroom_%20Boardroom%20Request%29.png

You need to open your eyes bud, read the first post i made, not trying to be a tw*t but, seriously..

that is the most likely cause, and just remember, not all of your feeder clubs show up when you want to send players there, you need to go to Information - Affiliated clubs etc and see whats happening there...

again.. you need to open your eyes too.. i said i checked the affiliated clubs screen and nothing appears. none ever has since day 1.

You guys really don't read the first post of this guy. That really bothers me. How could you possibly say the the most likely problem is he already has too many/enough affiliated clubs, while he clearly states in his first post that he has NONE.

finally anton! someone who can read lol. cheers bud.

I've been having trouble getting a parent club as well, even though I'm the least valuable club in the Italian system. I think it may be a bug, because I don't remember this kind of trouble in FM10.

tbh i think it could be a bug? maybe people need to reply and say whether or not they have any parent/feeder clubs yet in fm11 (with other teams in first season)

Hi, try put your mouse over the 'parent club', then you will be shown by the game about why the option is not available.

Like this one,

F:%5CUsers%5CJoseph%20Andreas%5CDocuments%5CSports%20Interactive%5CFootball%20Manager%202011%5Cscreenshots%5CS.S.%20Lazio%20%28Boardroom_%20Boardroom%20Request%29.png

dude! thanks for the tip! just tried it and it says:

Feeder club (hovering over): This topic has been used recently. (which it hasn't.. never been able to select it)
Parent club (hovering over): The team are already in the top division..

thanks bud, great tip ^^)^^)

MiiCK.

If you are so sure haven't been able to select it, then i am quite sure it is a bug :)

With regards to the possible bug, I am not sure yet. I seem to get Feeder/Parent club options fine (have 1 Parent, 2 Feeder with Elgin). My real issue was trying to convince the board.

I'm playing as Celtic and i got Man UTD as a parent club, but it took alot of asking and waiting

normally you cant request anything from your board in first season ( feeder/parent club, more money etc#) until you have enough kudos/brownie points. so normally they give in to your request in season 3 if you have done well

In my first season at middlesbrough i managed to get Arsenal as my parent club, but they dont seem to send any players on loan, and can someone tell me if having players on loan from a parent club counts towards your maximum loan signings.

normally you cant request anything from your board in first season ( feeder/parent club, more money etc#) until you have enough kudos/brownie points. so normally they give in to your request in season 3 if you have done well

In the demo it only took me 6 months for the board to do anything I say! Then the game ended!

I've just reached January 2011 in the game, and they've allowed me to start searching for a feeder club, so guess you just need to be established in the game a bit before they do anything :) but they have done lots more before this, gave 30m transfer budget, increased wages, youth facilities upgraded.. sitting 6th in the prem.