• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he would not show any sentimentality in releasing players, he feels need to move on. Players like Hargreaves are likely to be shown the door, and Paul Scholes is yet to decide on wether or not he will be playing next season.

No sentiment for Fergie | Manchester United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

For me it's going to be pretty sad, even though I am not a Man Utd fan. Even though my club has been at the end of some rough treatment scoreline wise, I've really enjoyed watching Man Utd over the years, with players like Neville, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes et all put in continuous stirling performances for the club. Though it has to be said it's also been pretty sad to watch the demise of players like Owen Hargreaves who had shown enormous talent and promise, only for a spate of injuries to ruin his time at Old Trafford.

Would be interesting to hear from Man Utd fans, or fans of other clubs, who should be shown the door, and wether or not fans of other clubs would like to have the players released by Fergie, at their club.

Last edited:
Hargreaves, Owen, Obertan, Macheda/Welbeck/Berbatov, Brown all to leave. Maybe even Kuszczak.

It has to be done . Man Utds debt is rising and tbh i wouldnt question the greatest manager of all time.

I'd be surprised if Berbatov wasn't there next season. Granted I've not seen every Man Utd game-just the highlights, and he's done some pretty some pretty impressive stuff goal wise and assist. But that's just what I've seen on TV highlights though

It has to be done . Man Utds debt is rising and tbh i wouldnt question the greatest manager of all time.

I don't know how to take this comment. First you imply that Man Utd debt is more of a factor then the players not playing much for the club the reason why Ferguson wants to release some players, then you call him the greatest manager.
mixed feelings :(

But yeah, Players like Owen, Obertan can leave. Hargreaves I would like to see on a pay-per-play contract. Berbatov I'm not to sure since he can be a genius sometimes. Brown can go if we bring in some more defensive cover. And Kuszack should stay for a season. Just encase our new keepers get injured.

I'd be surprised if Berbatov wasn't there next season. Granted I've not seen every Man Utd game-just the highlights, and he's done some pretty some pretty impressive stuff goal wise and assist. But that's just what I've seen on TV highlights though

I would too.. but his contract expires end of next season, and with Welbeck and Macheda to come back from a loan deal it's not too farfetchd. If he doesn't leave, I'd presume that one of Welbeck or Macheda won't be there next year.

As i am not a Man Utd fan i think that: Hargreaves, Owen, Macheda, Kuszczak, Brown, Macheda, Scholes (?) will leave the club

Owen, Obertan and Kuszczak should be shown the door this summer. I really don't rate Brown or even O'Shea, but you need squad players that won't kick up a fuss when they aren't playing. I'd like to see the back of Carrick but he has signed a new contract, so that unfortunately won't happen

Owen, Obertan and Kuszczak should be shown the door this summer. I really don't rate Brown or even O'Shea, but you need squad players that won't kick up a fuss when they aren't playing. I'd like to see the back of Carrick but he has signed a new contract, so that unfortunately won't happen

Brown really isn't needed.. especially if rumours of us signing Rodwell are true.

If Welbeck did return, I have feeling he'll be pretty far down the pecking order - Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernández, Dimitar Berbatov and Federico Macheda. But he has shown a lot of potential, showing he can be flexible-getting 6 goals, and in the appearances he's made, showed he can play out wide aswell. He's definately made a lot of progression under Brucie

There is no way Berba is gonna leave after the season he has had. League top scorer and he has signed new contract if I'm not wrong.

PIG is for sure gone. I think he has confirmed that. Obertan might go on loan. Brown is also as good as gone (Hope I'm wrong). There wont be massive changes. Just a slight tweaks thats it.

Oh and Owen will also go even though he said he would like to stay. Hope we reatin Hargo on Pay as you play contract.

There is no way Berba is gonna leave after the season he has had. League top scorer and he has signed new contract if I'm not wrong.

PIG is for sure gone. I think he has confirmed that. Obertan might go on loan. Brown is also as good as gone (Hope I'm wrong). There wont be massive changes. Just a slight tweaks thats it.

Oh and Owen will also go even though he said he would like to stay. Hope we reatin Hargo on Pay as you play contract.

Berbatov is in discussions, but his contract expires end of next season plus he's in his 30's..
Brown should leave. Obertan will go on a permanent deal I feel, just hasn't made any progression since signing.

If Welbeck did return, I have feeling he'll be pretty far down the pecking order - Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernández, Dimitar Berbatov and Federico Macheda. But he has shown a lot of potential, showing he can be flexible-getting 6 goals, and in the appearances he's made, showed he can play out wide aswell. He's definately made a lot of progression under Brucie

Welbeck wont be behind Macheda in the pecking order. He might go out on loan for one more season, if he doens't then he will get more chances as a winger. Good thing about him is, he is versatile and can play as Striker as well as winger which Fergie loves a lot..

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Berbatov is in discussions, but his contract expires end of next season plus he's in his 30's..
Brown should leave. Obertan will go on a permanent deal I feel, just hasn't made any progression since signing.

Just turned 30. He is at his peak of his career. And his game is not based on work rate, pace so he can play well into his 30s, he will have a long career. Why will any manager wants to sell league top scorer and also the striker who is unique and has world class ability..

Welbeck wont be behind Macheda in the pecking order. He might go out on loan for one more season, if he doens't then he will get more chances as a winger. Good thing about him is, he is versatile and can play as Striker as well as winger which Fergie loves a lot..

If he did go out on loan again, I wouldn't mind seeing him play at Goodison. Like you said he is versatile, and I do rate him from what I've seen of him and I think in a couple of years he'll be an excellent player

I don't think players like Obertan, Welbeck and Macheda will be going anywhere next season. Think I remember Fergie saying the youngsters will be getting more play time next season.

If he did go out on loan again, I wouldn't mind seeing him play at Goodison. Like you said he is versatile, and I do rate him from what I've seen of him and I think in a couple of years he'll be an excellent player

Everton would be excellent for him to learn the game, but if he goes on loan again I think it will be to Sunderland again. He is playing every game, Manager rates him, he likes the team, so I think he would like to go to Sunderland. Would be great if he can learn under Moyes. It will do lot of good for his growth..

Saying that, I would love to see him and fight for the spot than going out on loan.

Everton would be excellent for him to learn the game, but if he goes on loan again I think it will be to Sunderland again. He is playing every game, Manager rates him, he likes the team, so I think he would like to go to Sunderland. Would be great if he can learn under Moyes. It will do lot of good for his growth..

Saying that, I would love to see him and fight for the spot than going out on loan.

True. Would be good to see the youngsters getting more playing time. About time some youngsters got some time to show what they can do, as too many times at other clubs they rarely get a chance. Good example is what Sturridge has shown he can do when given the chance. Hate to see talent get wasted. But with people like Moyes and Fergie, they'll definately get much better. Another example is Seamus Coleman. Really come into his own on the pitch

Last edited:
Hope Macheda leaves, think he is living of that goal vs Aston Villa, 12 starts no goals this season, a player not up to the standard of United, Wouldn't mind the two Owen's on pay as you play deals, Obertan and Brown to be sold, Bebe out on loan. Would be happy with that.

Hope Macheda leaves, think he is living of that goal vs Aston Villa, 12 starts no goals this season, a player not up to the standard of United, Wouldn't mind the two Owen's on pay as you play deals, Obertan and Brown to be sold, Bebe out on loan. Would be happy with that.

Macheda is just 19. At 19, Hernandez was about to give up football, now he is a star. Never write the young players off. 19 is very young. We are spoiled with the likes of Messis, Ronaldos,Rooneys, Agueros, Fabregas, Patos who were very good from very young age..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back