Fergie with no qualms in releasing players

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Berbatov, Brown, O'shea, Owen, Scholes, Gibson, Hargreaves and Kuzcack to leave in the summer.

Macheda, Welbeck, Cleverly, Amos, Morrison to have a bigger role.

Just turned 30. He is at his peak of his career. And his game is not based on work rate, pace so he can play well into his 30s, he will have a long career. Why will any manager wants to sell league top scorer and also the striker who is unique and has world class ability..

Berbatov is a talented player but I don't think he is a ManU type of player. What makes them a great team (and the reason they won the Prem and CL this season) isn't necessarily their talent, it's their work rate, desire, and mental toughness. That's how they grind out victories in games when they don't play well, and that's what separates them from Arsenal. Berba is not that type of player. He has skill, but he's lazy and doesn't seem to want it. More importantly, I don't think you can count on him when the going gets tough in these high pressure situations when a win is absolutely needed (ManCity game). I just don't think his personality fits in well with that squad at all. And considering his age, they should sell him now, when they can make money for him. They should get rid of him so that next season Welbeck gets minutes.

if tottenham dont get champs league i can see fergie pouncing in with 30mil +carrick+anderson for modric and bale as they will both wont to play champs league which will let fergie get rid of few player owen hagreaves macheda welbeck(on loan to sunderland or peterbourgh)

Berbatov is a talented player but I don't think he is a ManU type of player. What makes them a great team (and the reason they won the Prem and CL this season) isn't necessarily their talent, it's their work rate, desire, and mental toughness. That's how they grind out victories in games when they don't play well, and that's what separates them from Arsenal. Berba is not that type of player. He has skill, but he's lazy and doesn't seem to want it. More importantly, I don't think you can count on him when the going gets tough in these high pressure situations when a win is absolutely needed (ManCity game). I just don't think his personality fits in well with that squad at all. And considering his age, they should sell him now, when they can make money for him. They should get rid of him so that next season Welbeck gets minutes.

We have skilled players in Nani, Giggsy, Rooney, Rafael. Its not like Berbatov is lazy. His work rate has improved a lot. How is he not a ManUtd standard player when he is the league top scorer?

When going gets tough he scored hattrick against Liverpool, which is by far the biggest match in Britan, and scored against Bolton, and blackpool.

His personality fits in well. He is not dressing room cancer like Tevez. He is very modest and very good as a person. Young players learn a lot from him. How many times have we heard about his off field problems? None. That is what important in addition to his excellent ability on field.

He is just 30. Means peak of his career. Why should we sell him. He can play well into his 30s. He never depends on his pace or physical power. He will not decline like Owen who was all about pace and finishing..

The ronaldo money still hasnt been spent, either on players or into the greedy hands of the glazers. SAF admitted along time ago that he would be forced to spend large to replace VDS, Giggs and Scholes. That was expected to happen last season but they extended their contracts, but with VDS all but a dead cert to retire, Giggs remaining but definitely not even a 30 game a season player and scholes 50-50; its likely this close season, and even then it wont be mega mega (mega signings are actually less common than people think at united, nor do they guarantee success). Some of the aformentioned players have fairly large wages so that will come into play if/when new signings are made

Fergie seems to have an unkanny nack of signing excellent players for dirt-cheap! Hernandez and Ronaldo being prime examples. The only big amount of money I could see him possibly spending is on De Gea.

We have skilled players in Nani, Giggsy, Rooney, Rafael. Its not like Berbatov is lazy. His work rate has improved a lot. How is he not a ManUtd standard player when he is the league top scorer?

But those players work much harder than Berbatov, and Giggs is a much better leader. He is a ManU standard player in terms of skill but I don't think he shares the ManU mentality.

When going gets tough he scored hattrick against Liverpool, which is by far the biggest match in Britan, and scored against Bolton, and blackpool.

That was Liverpool under Hodgson. He has also come up short at some important times this season, especially the ManCity match. The point is there are many more players at ManU I would count on in certain situations. I know Berba can score a lot against weaker teams in lower-pressure games, but I would much rather have Rooney or Hernandez when everything is on the line.

His personality fits in well. He is not dressing room cancer like Tevez. He is very modest and very good as a person. Young players learn a lot from him. How many times have we heard about his off field problems? None. That is what important in addition to his excellent ability on field.

I wouldn't say Tevez is a cancer, he's a headcase who can cause his club trouble but he works hard and seems to get along with his teammates in the moment. As for Berbatov, he might not have on the field problems, I just don't think he wants it as much or bleeds ManU like some other players at the club do. Just because he's not going out and boozing at night or causing trouble doesn't mean his personality fits in well. He's not a leader or a die-hard ManU fan. There are certain players you know just love playing for the club, and I don't know if he's one of them. I think he's happy to just collect his paycheck.

He is just 30. Means peak of his career. Why should we sell him. He can play well into his 30s. He never depends on his pace or physical power. He will not decline like Owen who was all about pace and finishing..

Exactly. Which is why you sell him now, when you can still get money for him. If the player is a great leader and hard worker you keep him on until his 30's. If not, you sell him while he still has value. And most importantly, you need to make room for your up-and-coming strikers at the club like Welbeck.

But those players work much harder than Berbatov, and Giggs is a much better leader. He is a ManU standard player in terms of skill but I don't think he shares the ManU mentality.

Again his work rate is underrated. Can't be bothered now. He has scored and he has kept us in the race. Leading goal scorer without taking penalties, Nuff said.

That was Liverpool under Hodgson. He has also come up short at some important times this season, especially the ManCity match. The point is there are many more players at ManU I would count on in certain situations. I know Berba can score a lot against weaker teams in lower-pressure games, but I would much rather have Rooney or Hernandez when everything is on the line.

That doesn't matter. Liverpool played well in that game and made a super come back to level 2-2. Then he scored the winner. I dont give **** about city game anymore as he was not the only poor player. All players were poor.

I wouldn't say Tevez is a cancer, he's a headcase who can cause his club trouble but he works hard and seems to get along with his teammates in the moment. As for Berbatov, he might not have on the field problems, I just don't think he wants it as much or bleeds ManU like some other players at the club do. Just because he's not going out and boozing at night or causing trouble doesn't mean his personality fits in well. He's not a leader or a die-hard ManU fan. There are certain players you know just love playing for the club, and I don't know if he's one of them. I think he's happy to just collect his paycheck.

Tevez is a cancer. Berbatov is an excellent professional which is what you need. How many times you have seen him causing problems within team? He has excellent ability and down to earth guy. Fits in well at United.

Show me a player who is not happy to collect his pay cheque?

Exactly. Which is why you sell him now, when you can still get money for him. If the player is a great leader and hard worker you keep him on until his 30's. If not, you sell him while he still has value. And most importantly, you need to make room for your up-and-coming strikers at the club like Welbeck

We are not Arsenal to do that. We are ManUtd. We blend youth with experience. We should sell Vidic, Evra, Rio and all this and next season by that logic. Oh what is David villa, Xavi, Eto'o, Drogba, Anelka, Terry, Lampard, Gerrard's age? Berba can give 5 more years of service. Why should we sell him? He has the experience in the league, we have payed so much money, why should we make loss here. 5 years is too much in football and would happily keep Berba here.

Making room should be on merit not by age. If they are good enough they will displace Berba and take up the place. Just like Giggsy, Scholes, Becks did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back