Fergie with no qualms in releasing players

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Man Utd fans want Ashley Young out of interest? If so, who do you think he would replace-if anyone? Or is that story a non-story?

True. Would be good to see the youngsters getting more playing time. About time some youngsters got some time to show what they can do, as too many times at other clubs they rarely get a chance. Good example is what Sturridge has shown he can do when given the chance. Hate to see talent get wasted. But with people like Moyes and Fergie, they'll definately get much better. Another example is Seamus Coleman. Really come into his own on the pitch

Moyes is one of the best in the business. He rarely gets it wrong and gets the best out of players. Coleman was very good. Shame he didnt get nominated for PFA young player of the year.

Moyes is one of the best in the business. He rarely gets it wrong and gets the best out of players. Coleman was very good. Shame he didnt get nominated for PFA young player of the year.

Yeah was pretty gutted he didn't make the list. Tell you the truth, the way the PFA list is drawn up it's farcical. I mean how Nani didn't get it is beyond me, but thats for the other thread.
But if Hargreaves does go, or gets a pay-as-you-play deal, I can see a £15-£20 million bid for Rodwell in the summer, which would be pretty hard for the club to reject as we need the money. Would be a great fit for Man Utd too

Would Man Utd fans want Ashley Young out of interest? If so, who do you think he would replace-if anyone? Or is that story a non-story?

Cover for the wings and long term replacement for Giggs on the left, wouldn't mind him. Apparently we enquired about him in January but Villa rejected that, so probably something in it.

For 10-15 Million in the heart beat. He can play on both wings and also behind striker. Excellent player and set piece taker.

Yeah was pretty gutted he didn't make the list. Tell you the truth, the way the PFA list is drawn up it's farcical. I mean how Nani didn't get it is beyond me, but thats for the other thread.
But if Hargreaves does go, or gets a pay-as-you-play deal, I can see a £15-£20 million bid for Rodwell in the summer, which would be pretty hard for the club to reject as we need the money. Would be a great fit for Man Utd too

Hope we dont sign Rodwell. Not doubting his potential but it would be good for him to stay in Everton for few more years. He will get good game time and can develop really well. He will get enough game time at United too, but for i always felt it would be better if he spend few more years at Everton.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

GodCubed will totally flip at that. ;)

He can't do worse than Giggs and Nani ;)

Would be a very good take at around 15 mil, I think. Back out on the left, he's reproducing his best form and was fantastic against WHam.

For 10-15 Million in the heart beat. He can play on both wings and also behind striker. Excellent player and set piece taker.

ASDF!

That said, took an excellent freekick the other day, though it was laid off to him rather than a dead ball.

What Young is is tricky, (very) quick, with a good delivery, a hard worker, has two good feet and for a winger isn't mercurial at all. He produces regularly. That said, he's a diving, sulky little git at times, and he wouldn't appreciate not being the top dog, I think. Still, Fergie could whip him into shape I reckon.

The thing with berbatov is he doesn't deliver in the big games but i think they will keep him because he can score goals and is experienced. Scholes,Brown,Owen,Hargreaves. I have feeling that Ferguson will keep hold of Obertan for the next 2 seasons because I think he sees that Berbatov has a lot of potential and thinks he can turn out as good as Nani who didn't perform well when he first came to Man United.

The thing with berbatov is he doesn't deliver in the big games but i think they will keep him because he can score goals and is experienced. Scholes,Brown,Owen,Hargreaves. I have feeling that Ferguson will keep hold of Obertan for the next 2 seasons because I think he sees that Berbatov has a lot of potential and thinks he can turn out as good as Nani who didn't perform well when he first came to Man United.

He has produced at times. Hattrick versus Liverpool, came on and was a one man wrecking crew against West Ham etc. He's unfortunate in that a lot of the big games, we play 1 up top, and he's not really as good as a lone man. When played in a two up front, even when not scoring his hold up and support play is still usually excellent.

Its always tough for a manager to get rid of players, that could be described "Part of the furniture" and players who were tipped for great stardom but haven't lived up- But at the end the day, it does have to be done. I think Fergie will keep hold of Berba for another season, but Hernandez & Rooney will be his first choice strikers.

As for Brown & Harvgreaves, I think there Manchester United Careers are coming to an end- Hargreaves has natural talent, but the lad has so many injurys, you can't help but feel for the guy. As for Wes Brown, he's not getting regular football and would be best suited for a team like QPR imo if they were to be promoted.

Also, I'm suprised Darren Gibson isn't in the First-Team alot- He has potential, and is an excellent player but Fergie has seemed reluctant to use it- His national boss wants him playing regular football, he's not getting that at United, its best for his career if he moves away.

I remember when Sturrock released two of Argyle's loyal servants- Wotton & Nalis- It was heartbreaking really, and think it was the wrong move, considering the situation were in now- We never really replaced them. However, Ferguson is no Paul Sturrock, and United will have more than enough transfer funds to replace them with even better players

Its always tough for a manager to get rid of players, that could be described "Part of the furniture" and players who were tipped for great stardom but haven't lived up- But at the end the day, it does have to be done. I think Fergie will keep hold of Berba for another season, but Hernandez & Rooney will be his first choice strikers.

As for Brown & Harvgreaves, I think there Manchester United Careers are coming to an end- Hargreaves has natural talent, but the lad has so many injurys, you can't help but feel for the guy. As for Wes Brown, he's not getting regular football and would be best suited for a team like QPR imo if they were to be promoted.

Also, I'm suprised Darren Gibson isn't in the First-Team alot- He has potential, and is an excellent player but Fergie has seemed reluctant to use it- His national boss wants him playing regular football, he's not getting that at United, its best for his career if he moves away.

I remember when Sturrock released two of Argyle's loyal servants- Wotton & Nalis- It was heartbreaking really, and think it was the wrong move, considering the situation were in now- We never really replaced them. However, Ferguson is no Paul Sturrock, and United will have more than enough transfer funds to replace them with even better players

Have you seen the same Gibson as I have been seeing mainly in a Man U shirt? I can see exactly why Fergie is not choosing him, the only positive thing I can say about Gibson is that he can hit a shot well.... when he gets it on target. Apart from that he seems to be struggling a lot when playing with Man U anyway, his passing is not very good and he does not seem to track people well or have very good positioning.

In answer to the question at the top, I can see Fergie getting rid of Owen, Brown and Hargreaves. With Van Der Sars upcoming retirement I can't see him letting his only keeper with any form of premier league experience (Kusczack) going anywhere. A lot has been said about John o'shea but hes a perfect substitute and has been for many years, the ultimate utility man. As for Scholes I honestly can only see him leaving OT on his own terms, which is only fair for such a wonderful servant to the club. The youngsters in question will not be going anywhere on a permanent basis, Macheda will no doubt be loaned out again, as I also predict will Bebe once he has picked up the English language. Obertan might be shown the door as he hasn't really shown any signs of real quality. Hopefully CLeverly and Welbeck will get more time on the pitch next season.

I can see Owen, Hargreaves and Brown all leaving and maybe even Scholes packing it all in. This summer will prove whether Utd have any cash to spend or whether the club was lying again.

I can see Owen, Hargreaves and Brown all leaving and maybe even Scholes packing it all in. This summer will prove whether Utd have any cash to spend or whether the club was lying again.

would like to know when the club lied in the first place? Brown almost left in jan so he will go, so will Owen, hargreaves may stay on pay as you play, depending on whether we move rodwell/if he can actually get semi fit

would like to know when the club lied in the first place? Brown almost left in jan so he will go, so will Owen, hargreaves may stay on pay as you play, depending on whether we move rodwell/if he can actually get semi fit

Well im pretty sure Fergie was promised some of the Ronaldo money? Cant see Utd getting Rodwell, he seems attatched to Everton and Everton will ask for 20mill+ for him.

Well im pretty sure Fergie was promised some of the Ronaldo money? Cant see Utd getting Rodwell, he seems attatched to Everton and Everton will ask for 20mill+ for him.

The ronaldo money still hasnt been spent, either on players or into the greedy hands of the glazers. SAF admitted along time ago that he would be forced to spend large to replace VDS, Giggs and Scholes. That was expected to happen last season but they extended their contracts, but with VDS all but a dead cert to retire, Giggs remaining but definitely not even a 30 game a season player and scholes 50-50; its likely this close season, and even then it wont be mega mega (mega signings are actually less common than people think at united, nor do they guarantee success). Some of the aformentioned players have fairly large wages so that will come into play if/when new signings are made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back