Ferguson charged over ref remarks

Where does it say that? It actually states what games he will miss

Indeed, extremely important.

Would be hard to whisper how much time he wants added on to the forth official from the stands. ;)

In all seriousness, if it was a touchline ban it would say it in the article.

An FA statement said: "The FA has today charged Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson with improper conduct relating to media comments. The charge relates to comments made about match official Martin Atkinson in post-match interviews following Manchester United's fixture with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday 1 March 2011.

"Ferguson has until 4pm on Tuesday 8 March to respond to the charge."

The United manager will be able to watch Sunday's Premier League match at Anfield against Liverpool from the touchline. Before the charge was made, he had indicated that he would plead not guilty.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ign=Feed:+theguardian/football/rss+(Football)

Let's hope it's a touchline ban for the game on Sunday.. (6)

It won't be, but I can hope..

An FA statement said: "The FA has today charged Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson with improper conduct relating to media comments. The charge relates to comments made about match official Martin Atkinson in post-match interviews following Manchester United's fixture with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday 1 March 2011.

"Ferguson has until 4pm on Tuesday 8 March to respond to the charge."

The United manager will be able to watch Sunday's Premier League match at Anfield against Liverpool from the touchline. Before the charge was made, he had indicated that he would plead not guilty.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ign=Feed:+theguardian/football/rss+(Football)

OK got mistaken with what he was saying, my fault.

Anyway I think it's deserved. Questioning decisions is fair enough but saying what he said is just out of order.

so we can expect to see the next manager who bad mouths a referee get fined/charged then can we?

Don't really care, tbh I'd rather Rooney was banned lol. Happy that Vidic is out for the liverpool game though.

so we can expect to see the next manager who bad mouths a referee get fined/charged then can we?

Ferguson said that when he saw the refs name before the chelsea game he 'feared the worse' that is completely unacceptlable.

About time really, it wont bother him in the slightest, he will carry on complaining everytime he loses.

Well in the middle one he pretty much said exactly the same as Fergie did just in a different way. Now the FA do have some explaining to do over that. I think Man U fans can feel hard done by after reading those articles.

Fergie did a mistake by questioning Ref's integrity and has been rightly charged. But what about Atkinson. That is 2 **** ups in 2 seasons against Chelsea at Bridge. Is he not getting any ban/fine or demoted to championship? That is incompetence on FA's part. Take the easy route and punish the one who pointed finger at truth.

Well in the middle one he pretty much said exactly the same as Fergie did just in a different way. Now the FA do have some explaining to do over that. I think Man U fans can feel hard done by after reading those articles.

thank you very much, and people laugh when United fans use the term "double standard". i'm not bitter, what he said was wrong and a ban/fine was expected but if they are going to do Fergie, they have to do it to every one.

meh, totally deserved. question their decision, never their integrity. Should know better, we have big games coming up, dont need unnecessary distractions

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Fergie did a mistake by questioning Ref's integrity and has been rightly charged. But what about Atkinson. That is 2 **** ups in 2 seasons against Chelsea at Bridge. Is he not getting any ban/fine or demoted to championship? That is incompetence on FA's part. Take the easy route and punish the one who pointed finger at truth.
FA will always back their own, no matter what.

FA will always back their own, no matter what.

So that means Ref's can bottle it and take the pay check and enjoy all the drama happening. Not fair isn't it.. Like Refs, Managers are too Humans and in the heat of the moment they will make some stupid statements. If SAF was asked about Atkinson after a day or two, i dont think SAF would have made those stupid statements again..

So that means Ref's can bottle it and take the pay check and enjoy all the drama happening. Not fair isn't it.. Like Refs, Managers are too Humans and in the heat of the moment they will make some stupid statements. If SAF was asked about Atkinson after a day or two, i dont think SAF would have made those stupid statements again..
not saying its right, just the way it is. sometimes it works for you, sometimes it doesnt

not saying its right, just the way it is. sometimes it works for you, sometimes it doesnt

Yeah, all clubs get few for them and few against them. But how incompetent FA is for not looking at ref's performance. I'm not talking only about Chelsea game, just as a whole.

Yeah, all clubs get few for them and few against them. But how incompetent FA is for not looking at ref's performance. I'm not talking only about Chelsea game, just as a whole.
this is the thing, SAf is right to be angry and talk about integrity, but its the wrong target. its the FA who should be under fire

However he almost made good decisions (the penalty is a good example) yet he doesnt get any recognition for the good decisions but he gets slated for 1 or 2 bad decisions.

However he almost made good decisions (the penalty is a good example) yet he doesnt get any recognition for the good decisions but he gets slated for 1 or 2 bad decisions.

The penalty was a good decision? I'm sorry but it was an awful decision. I would have been livid if it had been given against my team and I would expect everyone else to be as well.

If that had been given against Liverpool you'd be happy with it would you?

The penalty was a good decision? I'm sorry but it was an awful decision. I would have been livid if it had been given against my team and I would expect everyone else to be as well.

If that had been given against Liverpool you'd be happy with it would you?

It was the right decision as smalling made contact with zhirkov therefore it was a penalty. It was unlucky for smalling that the ball bounced in that direction and it wasnt his fault as such but it was still a penalty.

And to answer your question, no ofcourse i wouldnt be happy as with any fan of any club, it is natural to not agree with things going against your club but i would have accepted that it was a penalty and moved on after seeing it a few times.