Ferguson charged over ref remarks

I'm a United fan and I agree that Fergie's comments were a stupid thing to say, but to be honest, the ref did have a shocker. 'm not a biased fan cos I agree with Vidic's sending off but some of the decisions Atkinson made were just terrible for a Premier League manager. IMO David Luiz should have been sent off and it shouldn't have been a penalty first time round (when Chelsea scored).

I think managers need to respect the refs more...managers and players make mistakes every game, too, when they do, they are not constantly criticized by everyone involved in the game. Being a ref is incredibly difficult and they often times have much worse angles than what we see on TV, and the amount of pressure they are under is unreal. Make one mistake and the whole world wants your head, do very well and you're not noticed. Even when you make good decisions you have to face the wrath of the opposing fans and manager. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation and one of the least desirable jobs in the world.

Completely deserved, the ref did allright to what I saw :)

Oh wow, so he will be fined a tenner and told not to be a naughty boy again!

FA need to rethink how both referees performances are reviewed, and how they go about accepting criticism for this!
However, if AF had an issue with the ref, Im sure there must be a better way of going about complaining, probably a formal letter/email to the FA!

Ferguson charged by FA. He has until 4pm March 8 to respond to "improper conduct" charge.

So he will watch the match from touchline against Liverpool. That is very important..

Thought they'd somehow manage to twist in his favour. Scheming bastards.

Thought they'd somehow manage to twist in his favour. Scheming bastards.

I'm not surprised by these sort of comments. Banned but still FA bends over to Fergie.. Sigh..

I'm not surprised by these sort of comments. Banned but still FA bends over to Fergie.. Sigh..
meh, shows his own ignorance, not that bothered really.

The ref was a apsolute disgrace that night fergie was just saying what every other person in the world with eyes knew

The ref was a apsolute disgrace that night fergie was just saying what every other person in the world with eyes knew
no, you dont question the ref's integrity. you can question the decision, but not their integrity, the charges are bang on

As I have said, how Fergie can critiscise a ref considering the amount of decisions which go his way is beyond me.

As I have said, how Fergie can critiscise a ref considering the amount of decisions which go his way is beyond me.
sigh, two wrongs dont make a right. he has every right to be annoyed, but you dont question the refs integrity

no matter who says what SAF said, be it Moyes, Houllier, Pardew etc the punishment remains the same. For example, if we got beat off Newcastle on Saturday, and Moyes said the same sort of thing about the ref, I would expect him to criticised in exactly the same way, and I would be one those to criticise him. Rules are brought in to be followed, whether we the fans, players or managers like it or not.

sigh, two wrongs dont make a right. he has every right to be annoyed, but you dont question the refs integrity

He's not used to decisions going against him, it is totally understandable.

He's not used to decisions going against him, it is totally understandable.
actually we get plenty against us, so this argument is tiresome

no matter who says what SAF said, be it Moyes, Houllier, Pardew etc the punishment remains the same. For example, if we got beat off Newcastle on Saturday, and Moyes said the same sort of thing about the ref, I would expect him to criticised in exactly the same way, and I would be one those to criticise him. Rules are brought in to be followed, whether we the fans, players or managers like it or not.
well said. seems everyone wants to jump on this because its SAF, and not becuase its someone who broke the rules

yeah right call by the f.a and i agree with mike very silly to make the commets when its at a important time in the season.
as for the ref i didn`t think he had that bad a game tbh .

I was messing about, but meh.

yeah right call by the f.a and i agree with mike very silly to make the commets when its at a important time in the season.
as for the ref i didn`t think he had that bad a game tbh .
didnt have the greatest game, but not worth getting charged for. what killed us in the game was our second half performance more than anything