Ferguson confirms Lindegaard signing

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 3K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that pre-contract agreement has been signed in regards to the transfer of Danish goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard, and hopes to complete the signing 'in the next two to three weeks'.

Sky Sports breaking news at the moment. Thoughts?

IMO I think he could be a very good buy, but I hope SAF dosent play him straight off, bring him on with like 10mins left and play in cup games for the last half of the season to get him settled

Never heard of him :/ Thought they would have gotten maarten stekelenburg

Don't think we'd sign him in January tbh. We'll probably seal the deal but he'll come in the summer, so VDS can see out the season and decide if he wants to retire at the end of it.

I've said before I've only seen him play once, but in that game he was phenomenal and looked a tremendous shot stopper. There were no indications of the fee either, but doubt it would be too expensive considering the club he plays for at the moment.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

He can sing as well?

Wow multi-talented guy!

What? :$

IMO I think he could be a very good buy, but I hope SAF dosent play him straight off, bring him on with like 10mins left and play in cup games for the last half of the season to get him settled

Bring him on with 10 mins left? He is a goalkeeper mate.

Isn't he, like, 26? I'd never heard of him before United started tracking him... is he meant to be good? And when I say good, I mean United-standard, more or less right away good?

Yeah he's 26. Think he may need a season or so to adjust to be honest, but 26 for a goalkeeper isn't exactly old. We can probably get about 10-12 years out of him if we wanted to.

The only game I've watched of him is this one;

YouTube - Anders Lindegaard

Isn't he, like, 26? I'd never heard of him before United started tracking him... is he meant to be good? And when I say good, I mean United-standard, more or less right away good?

28 and schemical (sp) isn't impressed with him but until he gets a few games you can't really comment on him

Apparently he's a beast of a player but just under rated. We'll see when he comes to the EPL though,

Yeah he's 26. Think he may need a season or so to adjust to be honest, but 26 for a goalkeeper isn't exactly old. We can probably get about 10-12 years out of him if we wanted to.

The only game I've watched of him is this one;

YouTube - Anders Lindegaard

Hm. Looked a bit average in that one, beaten all ends up for the first shot, spills the second before saving the rebound, and makes a fairly standard stop for the third.

I am from norway ( there he plays for Aalesund) and i just want to say this is one of the best thinks fergi has ever bought :)
(sorry for bad english :P)

26 isnt exactly old for a keeper. No idea who he is :P

They had to do something with VDS retiring, the albion lad, CBA to spell his name being pretty average, and Ben Foster leaving ;) thanks btw :P

he looks very much Schmeichel ilk but they are a **** of a big pair of shoes to fill the name of!

They had to do something with VDS retiring, the albion lad, CBA to spell his name being pretty average, and Ben Foster leaving ;) thanks btw :P

he looks very much Schmeichel ilk but they are a **** of a big pair of shoes to fill the name of!

That's the thing. We don't know if VDS is actually retiring yet. He isn't sure and neither are we, so we have to plan just incase.

That's the thing. We don't know if VDS is actually retiring yet. He isn't sure and neither are we, so we have to plan just incase.

Smart move by Sir Alex then, not that he usually makes bad ones!
The thing is VDS still looks the part, he could carry on, its just whether he wants to i guess, but he still looks like he could go maybe a year or two, his agility etc is still top drawer.

highly rated, but lacks top flight experience, hence signing him now while VDS is still playing.

EDIT: i mean top level

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

28 and schemical (sp) isn't impressed with him but until he gets a few games you can't really comment on him
26, and schmeichel said he lacked experience, not the same thing

Back