Ferguson confirms Lindegaard signing

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 3K
It raised a few eyebrows and I am sure when he stays at Manchester United for the first season or two, it will be difficult for him to adjust.

I was hoping for someone a bit more 'well-known' but I cannot judge Lindegaard until I have seen him between the sticks for United in the near-future.

I think giving if he arrives in Jan, SAF should play in in every Carling Cup game, rotate him in FA with VDS and give him about 5-8 Prem games so he gains some experience of playing in England, EPL, and know the style of play and so he can get used to the aggression especially at set pieces.

It raised a few eyebrows and I am sure when he stays at Manchester United for the first season or two, it will be difficult for him to adjust.

I was hoping for someone a bit more 'well-known' but I cannot judge Lindegaard until I have seen him between the sticks for United in the near-future.
to be fair the great dane wasnt massively well known when we signed him for 500,000

I think giving if he arrives in Jan, SAF should play in in every Carling Cup game, rotate him in FA with VDS and give him about 5-8 Prem games so he gains some experience of playing in England, EPL, and know the style of play and so he can get used to the aggression especially at set pieces.

You can't really rotate keepers in the league - Defenders have to gel with them, and since we've already seen anything can happen in the league this season it presents a fairly big risk putting him in the team now. Even for 5-8 league games. Carling Cup yes, FA Cup early stages - yes, but not league yet.

It's another signing of the Hernandez breed. Known and very highly rated in their homelands, but haven't proven it at the top level.

Hernandez has now proved he can hack it in the top league, after a good World Cup and he's been very good in the Champions League and Premier League, so hopefully Lindegaard will do the same.

It's another signing of the Hernandez breed. Known and very highly rated in their homelands, but haven't proven it at the top level.

Hernandez has now proved he can hack it in the top league, after a good World Cup and he's been very good in the Champions League and Premier League, so hopefully Lindegaard will do the same.
I totally agree with you and I hope Lindegaard will be another suprise by SAF.

highly rated, but lacks top flight experience, hence signing him now while VDS is still playing.

EDIT: i mean top level

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

26, and schmeichel said he lacked experience, not the same thing

This is what great Dane said.

"A great adventure awaits him. If Anders Lindegaard is signing for Manchester United, I know from experience that it is a great adventure. He might as well start looking forward now,"

"He comes to the biggest club in the world, and most players dream of getting such an opportunity. There is no doubt that Anders is a great talent. We have certainly seen in the games he has played for Denmark. There is a huge task he has prospects to obtain, so if the agreement is in place, I wish him luck and happiness."

Yeah, before this interview, he said

"We are talking about Manchester United here. You can look at talent, you can look at young good players, [but] you don't want that, you want someone who can go in straight away and give performances in 80% of the games that the number one choice goalkeeper will play for Manchester United.

So Great Dane rates him, but he is bit worried as he is not experienced which is key for playing big clubs.

For few who wants to know bit more about him, this is what a guy from Denmark said

Hey guys i'm from Denmark'

"5. things I would like to share" :

1. Lindegaard is a top keeper, he is far better than Thomas Sørensen.

2. Don’t expect that man utd can keep Lindegaard on the bench for a long time’ he wants to play and hates to be number 2.

3.Lindegaard self confidence is very good. After his first national match, Lindegaard told the press that he was the new first keeper in denmark, and Morten olsen should give him the number one shirt now

4.He is very open minded, after a national match against Portugal he told a journalist that he nearly got an ****** from taking 3 of Renaldo’s shots. “funny”
biggrin.gif

5. Please don’t Compare Lindegaard to Schmeichel! Schmeichel is the best keeper denmark have ever seen and the memories are even bigger than Schmeichel himself’ "so please give Lindegaard a fresh start".
yellow.gif

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Isn't he, like, 26? I'd never heard of him before United started tracking him... is he meant to be good? And when I say good, I mean United-standard, more or less right away good?

Dont know how good he is, but our GK coach scouted him for 5 games and he was impressed. Dont know how he steps up as playing for big club is different ball game.

Better than Sorensen? That's quite an accolade, Sorensen's been a Prem stalwart for years now and is an extremely accomplished 'keeper.

Better than Sorensen? That's quite an accolade, Sorensen's been a Prem stalwart for years now and is an extremely accomplished 'keeper.

Dont know mate, that was posted by a guy from Denmark who has seen both. We just hope it will be another master stroke from SAF.

Well, in the few national matches he's been in, he's been VERY good.
Especially Portugal-Denmark.

Other than that, i can't really comment.

I don't know that guy.

So do you people think that this movement means that ManU won't try to sign David De Gea anymore in the future?

Maybe another Goalkeeper will arrive to see who can stake their claim for Number 1 shirt, Lindegaard is pretty inexperienced after all.

I don't know that guy.

So do you people think that this movement means that ManU won't try to sign David De Gea anymore in the future?
only unless hes planning on shipping out PIG

Tomasz Kuszask (sp) apparently wants first team football because he wants to be Polands number 1 for Euro2012 so a move to the Budesliga looks the more likely. If that happens then im sure Utd will have to buy another keeper as this lad is unproven and has only been a first team regular for a year.

Tomasz Kuszask (sp) apparently wants first team football because he wants to be Polands number 1 for Euro2012 so a move to the Budesliga looks the more likely. If that happens then im sure Utd will have to buy another keeper as this lad is unproven and has only been a first team regular for a year.
yeah, to be honest he is good enough to first choice for plenty of decent side. wont say we have to buy another keeper. lindegaard is highly rated, just not well known over here. lets see how he gets on before talking about other signings. especially since vds has said he wont retire after this season

yeah, to be honest he is good enough to first choice for plenty of decent side. wont say we have to buy another keeper. lindegaard is highly rated, just not well known over here. lets see how he gets on before talking about other signings. especially since vds has said he wont retire after this season

Yer i agree with giving the lad a chance i mean remember Cudicini and Jaaskelainen, totally unknown keepers for pennys and have turned out to be some of the best keepers to play in the PL.

Yer i agree with giving the lad a chance i mean remember Cudicini and Jaaskelainen, totally unknown keepers for pennys and have turned out to be some of the best keepers to play in the PL.
very true, and Peter schmeichel is probably the ultimate example, highly rated in denmark, not massively known here, bought for 530,000. We all know how that turned out

very true, and Peter schmeichel is probably the ultimate example, highly rated in denmark, not massively known here, bought for 530,000. We all know how that turned out

But then you do get your stinkers lol, i listened to a podcast a few days ago saying appart from Schmeichel and VDS buying keepers hasen't really been Sir Alex's strong point but you never know he may become a great keeper.

I'm from Denmark and I've seen him play to matches for Denmark. In some perspectives he's better than Sørensen, and in some he's not (like experience). Overall, I would say that he's about to get better than Sørensen. But he's a beast at the moment, so I can't wait to see him in the Prem.

And it would be awesome to have a Danish kepper in United once again :D

Last edited:
But then you do get your stinkers lol, i listened to a podcast a few days ago saying appart from Schmeichel and VDS buying keepers hasen't really been Sir Alex's strong point but you never know he may become a great keeper.
buying a keeper is the hardest thing, because there is no real bedding time once they are in the first team, they dont get to make the mistakes other players can. Think thats why we've moved now, give time under VDS and he can play in the cup games under less pressure. a top class keeper will save around you about 10 points a season, which is a huge difference given how tight the race has become

Back