Ferguson gives Chelsea no chance

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson has written off Chelsea's chances of winning the Premier League, four days before he takes his side to Stamford Bridge with a potential 15-point lead over their rivals.

More...

I dont think Chelsea supporters would even argue this.

He's being realistic. Still if Chelsea beat United then they still have a chance I believe.

He's being realistic. Still if Chelsea beat United then they still have a chance I believe.

Beat them twice while winning all remaining games and hoping United still drop another 6*

No one take any notice of this. Its just classic title-race Fergie mind games.

To be honest, I think Arsenal pose the biggest threat right now, barring any long term injuries. Man Utd could drop points against Chelsea, either by losin or drawing.

No one take any notice of this. Its just classic title-race Fergie mind games.

Title race mind games? Why would he play with Chelsea then, it should be with Arsenal not with team fighting for 4th spot ;)

Title race mind games? Why would he play with Chelsea then, it should be with Arsenal not with team fighting for 4th spot ;)
Could be something to do with the Chelsea Utd game on Tuesday..

Reading the article I don't see where he says Chelsea don't have a chance.

He says that it will probably be either ourselves or Arsenal that will win and that is hard for Chelsea to capture.

All true.

May not be able to challenge for title, but they will definately have an effect on the outcome thats for sure

Someone proberly asked Fergie whether Chelsea have a chance and he proberly said somthing like "It will be hard for them" and the media took it as he said "Chelsea have no chance".

Someone proberly asked Fergie whether Chelsea have a chance and he proberly said somthing like "It will be hard for them" and the media took it as he said "Chelsea have no chance".
your're bang on, this is what he said: "You try things. We all try things," the 69-year-old United boss added. "But it won't be easy [for Chelsea] to come back from that kind of points deficit.

Typical BBC, standards are slipping everyday

then BBC wonder why he won't talk to them...

your're bang on, this is what he said: "You try things. We all try things," the 69-year-old United boss added. "But it won't be easy [for Chelsea] to come back from that kind of points deficit.

Typical BBC, standards are slipping everyday

I didnt even read the article either lol, didnt need to.

Ferguson gives Chelsea no chance
haha me neither but i thought this at the beginning of the season ;)

long time no see bbc sport fella :D

of course its mind games it wouldnt be fergie otherwise,will be a close call between arsenal and man u,hoping man u win it though :)

Last edited:
Chelsea still have a matematical chance to win the Premiership....

I think the chance is like 1:100000000000000000000000000000?