Ferguson proud despite first loss

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson praises his team despite their 29-match unbeaten Premier League run coming to an end with a shock 2-1 loss at Wolves.

More...

The unbeaten run has seen us to the top of the table 4 points clear in February... I would've bitten someone's hand off if they'd offered me that in August

That defeat has to be the best thing that could've happened to ManU. They no longer have to worry about the record and it was a wake-up call that they can't expect to get a result from every team. They've played like **** so far and have yet to hit form, and I bet they have a great run of form from here on out and win the league with several games to go.

Now the title is for us to lose. The final few games of the season will be difficult, but after such a long time in not losing, we know we have the ability to get points.

they should be, to be fair they rode their luck in a few games but they have every right to be proud of such a glorious run

This could be the turn of events that could make the Premier League go down to the last day, which I hope it does. The other teams now realise that United are not invincible, and will push them throughout the whole 90 minutes. Don't write City out yet either, a win against United this week could make them very close to United, and also all Chelsea need are a few wins, and the pressure goes on the teams above them. However, I do think that this year, it's United's to lose

This could be the turn of events that could make the Premier League go down to the last day, which I hope it does. The other teams now realise that United are not invincible, and will push them throughout the whole 90 minutes. Don't write City out yet either, a win against United this week could make them very close to United, and also all Chelsea need are a few wins, and the pressure goes on the teams above them. However, I do think that this year, it's United's to lose

tbh with u I never though of United as invincible, they rode their luck on quite a few games with last-minute winners and equalisers and Little Pea saving them, Arsenal in 2003 now thats what you call scary

Dont understand why people are saying we are playing **** this season, weve done enough to get the wins and dont we have the best goal difference in the prem and have scored the most goals. What else can we do?

Dont understand why people are saying we are playing **** this season, weve done enough to get the wins and dont we have the best goal difference in the prem and have scored the most goals. What else can we do?

Because you have been? Scrappy wins vs Arsenal, Stoke, WBA, Wolves to name a few. Your GD is high because you spanked Blackburn and Birmingham when they forgot to defend - How many times have you scored 3+ goals this season?

You can actually play convincingly and not leave it till the 94th minute to win/draw games... Look back at the Arsenal Invincible reign - OK, we drew a lot of games but we actually played well..

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Man Utd’s unbeaten run ended on 29 games – level with their previous best PL unbeaten run. Invincible? Clearly not. 2003/04

Because you have been? Scrappy wins vs Arsenal, Stoke, WBA, Wolves to name a few. Your GD is high because you spanked Blackburn and Birmingham when they forgot to defend - How many times have you scored 3+ goals this season?

You can actually play convincingly and not leave it till the 94th minute to win/draw games... Look back at the Arsenal Invincible reign - OK, we drew a lot of games but we actually played well..

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Man Utd’s unbeaten run ended on 29 games – level with their previous best PL unbeaten run. Invincible? Clearly not. 2003/04
stop harping on about 2003-2004, you have done very little since

So he should be, to be unbeaten at this stage of the season with a side that even Alex would agree is not the best he has had at his disposal is very impressive. Just further shows why he is the best manager to grace this planet.

How many times have you lost 3+ goal leads this season? Your GD would be better if you actually held onto something.

Thats Wengers problem and the reason why they havnt won anything.

It's not Wenger's problem, they built a new stadium and are trying to pay it off the right way. They don't have a sugar daddy. But when the FFP rules come into play, they should be fine, and with all of their young players they have a bright future. Will ManU? I don't know enough about their finances, and when SAF retires (at the end of this season right? when they get #19?) they will have huge shoes to fill. Will Chelsea? Will City? I don't know enough about the rules or how strictly they will be enforced, but both of those clubs will probably have a lot of sorting out to do with their finances.

United haven't been brilliant this season, unlike Chelsea (at the start of the season), but they have been consistent and although I hate to admit it, they deserve to be league leaders.

It's not Wenger's problem, they built a new stadium and are trying to pay it off the right way. They don't have a sugar daddy. But when the FFP rules come into play, they should be fine, and with all of their young players they have a bright future. Will ManU? I don't know enough about their finances, and when SAF retires (at the end of this season right? when they get #19?) they will have huge shoes to fill. Will Chelsea? Will City? I don't know enough about the rules or how strictly they will be enforced, but both of those clubs will probably have a lot of sorting out to do with their finances.
you do realise the FFP will make things better for united. since they have the biggest revenue stream of any football club. And once the Glazers debt is removed, under the FFP, there probably won't be a club in europe woulc could compete with united finanically in the market. l