Ferguson proud despite first loss

was good run never thought it would last poor performance tho think we need clear out in summer

Because you have been? Scrappy wins vs Arsenal, Stoke, WBA, Wolves to name a few. Your GD is high because you spanked Blackburn and Birmingham when they forgot to defend - How many times have you scored 3+ goals this season?

You can actually play convincingly and not leave it till the 94th minute to win/draw games... Look back at the Arsenal Invincible reign - OK, we drew a lot of games but we actually played well..

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Man Utd’s unbeaten run ended on 29 games – level with their previous best PL unbeaten run. Invincible? Clearly not. 2003/04

**** with Invincibles. Remember last time what happened when we had unbeaten record of 29 league games and great keeper announced his retirement?

Yes the famous TREBLE.

We always tend to overrate history. It not like Arsenal were not lucky in 2003-04, they had so many calls going in their favor and last min penalty misses all the drama. Now that it happened, people tend to overrate the performance.

Had we gone on to win the league without losing, after 5-10 years people would have talked about how good United were in 2010-11 season

you do realise the FFP will make things better for united. since they have the biggest revenue stream of any football club. And once the Glazers debt is removed, under the FFP, there probably won't be a club in europe woulc could compete with united finanically in the market. l

Doesn't surprise me, they should be the biggest spenders then in the post FFP era (depending on how the rules are enforced). But who will be your manager? Ferguson is quitting at the end of the year, right? I guess Mourinho would be the replacement, but I don't think that'd be good for you guys since a) he's incredibly overrated and b) he's not the type you guys need right now. Mourinho is great for the short term, he'll make huge purchases for older, well-established players and plays really defensive, boring football, but he's not good for developing players or for creating/sustaining a long-term project. I don't think you'll have problems with purchasing power or even with the caliber of the players, if the current crop turns out to be good, but it's going to be really hard to get the right manager. Whoever it is, he'll be like the guy dating Lois Lane after Superman left her.

**** with Invincibles. Remember last time what happened when we had unbeaten record of 29 league games and great keeper announced his retirement?

Yes the famous TREBLE.

We always tend to overrate history. It not like Arsenal were not lucky in 2003-04, they had so many calls going in their favor and last min penalty misses all the drama. Now that it happened, people tend to overrate the performance.

Had we gone on to win the league without losing, after 5-10 years people would have talked about how good United were in 2010-11 season

No, I really don't think this ManU team will go down in anyone's memory. Had they gone undefeated people would have talked about how they were one of the worst teams in history to get such good results (unless they really started playing better in the second half of the season). We're this far in and they have the same number of wins as Arsenal does right now. They've had countless last minute goals to salvage points after poor games. This isn't an historic team and it's not nearly as good as when Ronaldo and Tevez were still there, with Scholes and company a few years younger and Rooney in form. They're going to win the Prem with ease because none of the other teams are any good and because they've shown great determination and are always able to get results by scoring when it counts. They're an efficient team and a good one but they are by no means an historic team, not like the Invincibles and not like Barca has been the past few years and not like the treble winners from 99.

Last edited:
No, I really don't think this ManU team will go down in anyone's memory. Had they gone undefeated people would have talked about how they were one of the worst teams in history to get such good results (unless they really started playing better in the second half of the season).

Worst team? You got some agenda against United, i can make it out looking at your posts. Had we achieved, we deserved it. We are not talking about Cups where lucky run can win it, it is a league, you get what you deserve.

We're this far in and they have the same number of wins as Arsenal does right now. They've had countless last minute goals to salvage points after poor games.

Do me a favor, can you please list the games where we won in the last min? If anything we dropped points against Fulham, Everton, WBA after playing well and leading for long time. Hardly anyone mentions it, instead they wank on how we got lucky against Villa, WBA, Wolves.

It is not just mentality, we got good players, so we fight till the final whistle. Game is played for 90 mins, and we give our all till the final whistle.

This isn't an historic team and it's not nearly as good as when Ronaldo and Tevez were still there, with Scholes and company a few years younger and Rooney in form. They're going to win the Prem with ease because none of the other teams are any good and because they've shown great determination and are always able to get results by scoring when it counts.

2007-08, we were the best team in the world bar none, It would be miracle to build such a team again. You point is non sense saying we get results by scoring when it counts. Show me a team that wins points by not scoring when it counts. We play according to the plan and we execute it. You can downplay by saying anything about our players as if we give ****. We all know how underrated United squad is.

They're an efficient team and a good one but they are by no means an historic team, not like the Invincibles and not like Barca has been the past few years and not like the treble winners from 99.

Our 99 team had so many comebacks and won the games in the last min, even scoring when it mattered most. We had big names, that was the difference.

Point is simple, Arsenal went on to win the league without losing. Did they deserve it? Yes, coz they achieved it.

Had we did it, i would have said we deserved it. C

Worst team? You got some agenda against United, i can make it out looking at your posts. Had we achieved, we deserved it. We are not talking about Cups where lucky run can win it, it is a league, you get what you deserve.

How many teams have finished unbeaten...and do you think this ManU team ranks with them? Barca isn't unbeaten this season and trust me, this year's Barca team will be remembered more than this season's ManU team no matter what happens in the CL. Anti-United agenda? That's absolutely ridiculous. When have I been 'anti-United?' Anyways, you completely twisted everything I said and got offended just because I said ManU wasn't an "historic team"...I haven't met many fans that would disagree with me there.

Do me a favor, can you please list the games where we won in the last min? If anything we dropped points against Fulham, Everton, WBA after playing well and leading for long time. Hardly anyone mentions it, instead they wank on how we got lucky against Villa, WBA, Wolves.

Well I'm not a ManU fan so I can't remember exactly when you guys won points in the last minute, it just seems that it happens a lot, and I'm not the only one who has said so. That Liverpool game, Aston Villa (didn't they score two goals in last five minutes or something crazy like that?), a Stoke game if I recall, the first Wolves game, the Arsenal game you guys won on a deflection, WBA (if I remember correctly, Chicha came in a scored at the end, and he did the same against Bolton or someone like that), Blackpool, etc. I think it's less the last minute games but more that a lot of the wins have been unconvincing...I don't like watch the Prem but whenever I have watched ManU this season, they've been efficient and get the result, but I've never seen them play really well. They must have in that game when they scored 7 but other than that I've never seen them look like a great team.

It is not just mentality, we got good players, so we fight till the final whistle. Game is played for 90 mins, and we give our all till the final whistle.

Well no **** you have good players, you should, you're winning the Premier League. Vidic is amazing, VDS is as good as ever, Evra is good, Nani is really good, Berba has been good this season (I didn't see the games where he played well but I hear he's been good), Chicha will be a great player and has been crucial for you guys, I'm sure Rooney will start playing well eventually. And yes the game is played for 90 minutes, you guys work hard until the end and are mentally very tough, unlike Arsenal, who can't hold onto a lead. That's why you'll be in 1st at the end of the season and they'll be in 2nd or maybe even 3rd.

2007-08, we were the best team in the world bar none, It would be miracle to build such a team again. You point is non sense saying we get results by scoring when it counts. Show me a team that wins points by not scoring when it counts. We play according to the plan and we execute it. You can downplay by saying anything about our players as if we give ****. We all know how underrated United squad is.

I would disagree about 07-08. That year and the following year you guys were very, very good, but "bar none" is an exaggeration. In 07-08, after Mourinho left, Chelsea got more points than anyone in the Prem, including you. And they were unlucky to not win the CL, IMO. So were ManU the best team in the world that season? I think so, but Chelsea was a very, very close second. Barca was having a bad year with Ronaldinho not wanting to train and all. But the next year, they had a coaching change and blew that same ManU team out of the water.

Our 99 team had so many comebacks and won the games in the last min, even scoring when it mattered most. We had big names, that was the difference.

So? What's your point? Do you seriously think this ManU team is better than your 99 team? My point was that it's not, and I've never heard anyone disagree with me. If you think they are though that's fine but I think the only ones who do agree with you are much younger fans who never saw the 99 team. I wasn't really that into the sport yet at the time and didn't appreciate them but from what people tell me they were amazing and ManU's best team ever.

Point is simple, Arsenal went on to win the league without losing. Did they deserve it? Yes, coz they achieved it.

Had we did it, i would have said we deserved it. C

Yes Arsenal achieved it/deserved it, but they were an historic team and will be remembered for a while, just like ManU's 99 team (even though they weren't undefeated in the league, if I remember correctly, that doesn't matter, they were a great team). Just like Barca 08-11. They were never undefeated either but they were legendary, and still are. Last year they got unlucky in the CL because they had to take a bus to Milan for that first game, and Inter defended very well in the second. Credit to Inter, and they were a great team too.

If you guys went undefeated, of course you would have deserved it (unless there was a controversial call), I'm just saying you would go down in history as a very pedestrian side to go undefeated. ManU will win the league this year but they're not going to be remembered as an historically great team. They're not nearly as good as they were from 07-09, the difference is that this season the rest of the Prem absolutely sucks. Who is your competition? Arsenal? I think when totally healthy they're as good as you guys, but without Vermaelen they simply can't defend. So you win the title. Congrats. But if you think this side is legendary and will go down in history as one of the all-time great teams alongside the 99 ManU team, than I think you're dead wrong.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Ferguson is not retiring at the end of the season.

I thought he was going to retire after they passed Liverpool for the number of titles? Aren't they tied with Liverpool as of now?

I thought he was going to retire after they passed Liverpool for the number of titles? Aren't they tied with Liverpool as of now?

He did say that but he always changes it. Wouldn't believe anything Fergie says when he talks about retirement.

supposed to have retired 2000-01 season... that was a decade ago

How many teams have finished unbeaten...and do you think this ManU team ranks with them? Barca isn't unbeaten this season and trust me, this year's Barca team will be remembered more than this season's ManU team no matter what happens in the CL.

Jeez. Barca are beaten. So what. They played like **** and lost. Simples. Joke of a league anyways.

W
ell I'm not a ManU fan so I can't remember exactly when you guys won points in the last minute, it just seems that it happens a lot, and I'm not the only one who has said so

There goes your point. So you just assumed and got few points from others and just made a random comment.

That Liverpool game, Aston Villa (didn't they score two goals in last five minutes or something crazy like that?), a Stoke game if I recall, the first Wolves game, the Arsenal game you guys won on a deflection, WBA (if I remember correctly, Chicha came in a scored at the end, and he did the same against Bolton or someone like that), Blackpool, etc

There is a difference between last min winners and comeback games. Villa, Liverpool, Stoke, WBA we didnt scored in the last min. Only against Wolves we did and we played our fringe players.

I don't like watch the Prem but whenever I have watched ManU this season, they've been efficient and get the result, but I've never seen them play really well.

Go and watch our home games before making any comment. You haven't watched still you make 1000 word posts on how average we are and how bad the league is.

I would disagree about 07-08. That year and the following year you guys were very, very good, but "bar none" is an exaggeration. In 07-08, after Mourinho left, Chelsea got more points than anyone in the Prem, including you. And they were unlucky to not win the CL, IMO. So were ManU the best team in the world that season? I think so, but Chelsea was a very, very close second. Barca was having a bad year with Ronaldinho not wanting to train and all. But the next year, they had a coaching change and blew that same ManU team out of the water.

Not bothered about your sorry excuses about Barca and their sorry stories. We should have won the game at Camp Nau and at OT we could have won by more than one goal. We were excellent in the tie and won that.

How chelsea deserved UCL more than us? Coz Terry banged the post?

So? What's your point? Do you seriously think this ManU team is better than your 99 team?

No, But to make a point that this United score late goals and therefore they are rubbish is bullshit.
Just like Barca 08-11. They were never undefeated either but they were legendary, and still are. Last year they got unlucky in the CL because they had to take a bus to Milan for that first game, and Inter defended very well in the second. Credit to Inter, and they were a great team too.

Do me a favour. Give me excuses for all the 50 plus years why Barca didn't win UCL.

They're not nearly as good as they were from 07-09, the difference is that this season the rest of the Prem absolutely sucks. Who is your competition? Arsenal? I think when totally healthy they're as good as you guys, but without Vermaelen they simply can't defend. So you win the title. Congrats.

You said you don't watch the league, how can you say that other team sucks. Chelsea were the clear favs to win, but we pulled it back. Credit to our players and Fergie.

But if you think this side is legendary and will go down in history as one of the all-time great teams alongside the 99 ManU team, than I think you're dead wrong.

Not the greatest side, but to call this as poorest team is ridiculous. I dont think you have seen when we had likes of Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Fortune in our midfield.

Not the greatest side, but to call this as poorest team is ridiculous. I dont think you have seen when we had likes of Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Fortune in our midfield.
dont drag Djemba Djemba into this:D

FFS stop multi quoting. It is highly annoying and it hurts my eyes.

This win will wake United up. Watch them go on another run now.

Sunil you're being absolutely ridiculous...when did I say ManU was rubbish? I said if they went undefeated, they would go down in history as one of the worst teams to go undefeated. How many teams have gone undefeated? I don't know, probably only a couple in history, and I'm sure all of them are considered all-time great teams. I don't think this ManU team is an all-time great team. Is that really that offensive to you?

And do I have to watch every game to comment? I told you I don't watch them that often. I'm just saying that out of the games that I personally have watched of theirs this season, they have never been dominant. I haven't watched very many Barca games this season either (I've watched less Barca than ManU this season, believe it or not). But almost every game I've watched of theirs they have been on a completely different level than the team they're playing. That includes teams like Real Madrid. As for 1000 word posts on ManU, when have I ever made a long post on ManU? The only long post I made was on the loyalty thread, which wasn't even about ManU.

I also think it's hilarious that I mention Barca a couple of times in the post and you get offended and act like "I'm trying to defend Barca not winning the CL every year." I just brought them up as an example of an historic team, like the 99 United team or the Galacticos. They won the treble and easily could have won the next CL. I think they would have if they had been able to fly to Milan instead of taking a bus across the entire continent. But it's not even part of the discussion, and I have no idea why you found it so offensive.

As far as the ManU vs. Chelsea match, I thought Chelsea was slightly better that day, but whatever. My point was they were about as good as ManU was that year. I even said ManU was better! I just disagreed with you when you said they were best team bar none, because clearly Chelsea was almost as good as them. But you seem to think that's offensive and anti-United.

As for being "anti-Prem," I think it's the best league in the world, and you're the one calling La Liga a joke of a league...if anything, you're being "anti-La Liga." I'm not really sure what your problem is, but it seems that you're still angry with me from the other thread on loyalty, probably because I used a few ManU players as examples in that OP. Pretty funny considering that I was making reasonable claims, and even Joel pretty much agreed with what I had to say by the end.

Last edited:
I wont hold grudge on anyone, not on online forums for sure.

I'm anti La Liga.

Had we won the league undefeated, that means we are not ****, we are excellent team.

I never said you were ****, I said you would be remembered as a poor team to go undefeated. ManU is probably the 3rd best team in the world. Maybe even the 2nd. But I don't think they're an all-time historic team, not like the Invincibles, or that other team that went undefeated (Nottingham Forest maybe?). So I really don't see how this makes me anti-ManU or anti-Prem...

I never said you were ****, I said you would be remembered as a poor team to go undefeated. ManU is probably the 3rd best team in the world. Maybe even the 2nd. But I don't think they're an all-time historic team, not like the Invincibles, or that other team that went undefeated (Nottingham Forest maybe?). So I really don't see how this makes me anti-ManU or anti-Prem...

Ok. Got the point. Still that would be underrating our squad and achievement had we achieved that.

Anyways we have lost, so no point in continuing this.