Ferguson rules out January buys

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson does not expect to add to his squad in the January transfer window.

More...

To be fair, he says the same thing every year! I'd expect Cleverley to return and Macheda to leave on loan. Unless someone becomes available at a knock down price, we were always unlikely to buy in Jan

At the moment, United don't exactly need anyone. The team is well balanced and in form.

Yes we can all give an area that we believe could be improved. But unbeaten at Christmas, top of the league. I dont blame him for not spending anything.

That rules out the possibility of a new central midfielder or left winger.

And, like fulledbypassion said, SAF has always said this.

Didn't you already sign Lindegaard?

Thought the same thing. But spose he means no actually buying during the window, since the Lindegaard is already a done deal.

But anyways, Awww. Was hoping to see Defour in United colours next month :(

im expecting the guys at loan at preston to return becuse darren feguson got sacked, was hoping for a new centre mid but hey as mfage1 said, were top and unbeaten

nani is a world beater as amr, park is leavin till feb. i think we need a good left winger tho

im expecting the guys at loan at preston to return becuse darren feguson got sacked, was hoping for a new centre mid but hey as mfage1 said, were top and unbeaten

Think he already recalled them from Preston. But no doubt they'll be put back on the loan market since they aren't excatly game changing players of yet.

giggs is still a legend (H)

but IMO someone like marko marin would be great for us

can man utd afford players though are they not skint?

because the glazers made them into heavy debt

Don't think you could take this to heart considering the amount of times he has said this followed up by signings.

Don't see us signing anyone. Might sign some youngsters again, such as Smalling last year but don't see anything major being done to the squad.

So, expect two or three signings in Jan then.. Fergie always says this, and always buys someone... Might just be a young player or two though/back up players.

EDIT: Plus Lindergaard...