FIFA 09

Craven

The trequartista
Reaction score
So the demo is available today and not having a Xbox to try it really sucks.

Here's a list of new features

Key Features
• Polished, refined gameplay - Featuring 250 additions and enhancements to core gameplay, including new animation technology that creates more responsive first-time shooting and passing, faster and more controlled dribbling, and improved trapping, and new player momentum physics that delivers realistic player collisions, authentic jostling for the ball, and more variation in tackling.
• Custom Team Tactics —Become a first-team coach with the power to tune and balance 11 tactical sliders for 140 attacking and 40 defending options (more than 50,000 combinations) so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team or how you think the real team should play. Save your tactics to make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent’s weaknesses during the game. Plus, share your strategies with friends online*.
• Be A Pro: Seasons — Pick or create a professional player and test your football ability over a four season campaign. Master a single position and develop your skills -- passing, shooting, positioning, marking -- to ultimately become a national legend.
• Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence – Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster.
• Customized Controllers – Create your own bespoke controller configuration, save it and even take it online effortlessly. Assign actions to the buttons exactly how you like them for complete control.

They also announced a new feature of FIFA Clubs.

EA SPORTS today revealed a new online mode called FIFA 09 Clubs, designed for PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360, that enables gamers to form or join user-controlled ‘clubs’ anywhere in the world. Through FIFA 09 Clubs, gamers can form or join clubs of up to 50 friends and field their strongest team when competing in Be A Pro: 10 v 10 Online Team Play, a feature that enables 20 people on 20 different consoles anywhere in the world to connect online to play a single match of FIFA 09.

FIFA 09 Clubs will determine the best virtual team in the world. Clubs are ranked based on total points and placed in a division. Clubs are relegated and promoted to different divisions based on their performance during the season. In addition, FIFA 09 Clubs will enable Club Managers to scout rival players to identify a player that fits his or her squad, and then recruit them to join their club. Up to 10 players on a Club can participate in a single game and Clubs are able to play multiple games simultaneously if they wish.

Hurry home Xbox, I want to play :(

Also, any news on a PES2009 demo?

So the demo is available today and not having a Xbox to try it really sucks.

Also, any news on a PES2009 demo?

Ooh I'll download it and give it a go then me thinks. Wasn't keen on the 08 demo hopefully it's changed a lot.

Nah nothing on PES demo yet, hopefully that will be soon as well :D

fifa has been **** and boring for years and i keep buying it to try it but get bored after 10 minutes. Might aswell try the demo

08 wasn't too bad was just a bit slow but I got used to it eventually. I only got it as PES2008 was wank online. FIFA09 is supposed to be a little faster and from people who've played the demo I'm hearing mostly good things.

Different strokes though.

PES 2009 demo was also supposed to be out today but it hasnt showed up yet.

I downloaded fifa you can pick chelsea, schalke, marsielle, real madrid, toronto or ac milan. The players are alot faster but still the passing is carp and players still have turning circles of a bus.

A few good things you move the analog still and do your own celebrations. You can make your keeper move about his line and jump up and down when the other team has a penalty.

Its not bad but there's not much improvement and you can still tell its a fifa game hopefully it will improve when the real game is out. Im not too keen on it at the moment but il still be buying it (only because its the only football game on xbox with birmingham on:D )

I played it too. Seems a lot like 08 to me. Still very slow. If it was faster it would be soooo much better.

Did you bother changing the speed in the demo? There are 3 settings, slow, normal, fast.

Oh right didn't notice that. Will speed it up tomorrow then and give it another go :)

sean these new smileys are awful they all look like they have downs

Fine I'll change them when I get the time.

downloaded the demo earlier so tomorrow im going to try it out

Downloaded the demo and played it once, its a little different in game play but not much, should be alright once you get used to it.

The more games i play the more im getting annoying with the **** first touches. There are a couple of good things like the tackles but its just so slow and the passing i woeful.

On pes you can counter attack faster than arsenal but on fifa it takes you longer to get out your own half than it would for stoke playing man utd.

I seriously hope the real game is better than this or il do the same thing i do every year and buy fifa because its out first then trade it in when the real football game comes out

Did you bother changing the speed in the demo? There are 3 settings, slow, normal, fast.

Where are these settings? Cos from what I've played of it it's exactly the same as 08. Slow touches, slow passing and players have the turning circle of a double decker bus. Only thing I've noticed that has changed is that the shots seem to balloon and the ball looks like it's floating if you put it over the bar.

still not a big fan, had a go just there and its no different in the long run. Bring on PES09

Yups, FIFA will always be the same slow game. I don't know everyone gets their hopes up that it has changed.

Yeah i was reading all the reviews, critics and they were all saying that pes had a serious challenge and they expected fifa to overtake pes this year unless there were big improvements. But its still **** in my opinion id prefer they bring this is football back out!

Just wondering also if anyone could clear something up for me. My mates from work were arguing saying that pes doesnt have real kits because fifa wont allow them the licences. I didnt get involved because i dont no i just thought PES didnt have enough money. Does anyone no why PES dont have kits?

EA own the rights to like everything, thats why even on FM you dont get kits with it for the EPL

Yeah but last year they had the la liga this year they dont. The year before they had bundesliga and last year and this year they dont.

Does EA decide which kits and leagues PES can have?