Fifa Awards 2010

csa99

Reaction score
Post anything the Fifa Awards which were just announced
wheather you agree/disagree with anything?

Former Netherlands striker Marco Van Basten has announced the FIFA/FIFPro World XI for 2010. The players in question were Iker Casillas, Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Maicon, Lucio, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Wesley Sneijder, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and David Villa, all of whom received a lengthy and deserved round of applause from the gallery.
This year’s FIFA Fair Play award went to Haiti’s U-17 women’s national team, who carried on bravely despite the worst kind of suffering, loss and pain following the devastating earthquake of January 2010.
Silvia Neid has been named FIFA World Coach of the Year for Women’s Football, while Jose Mourinho was awarded FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football.
One of South Africa’s struggle stalwarts who fought for the emancipation of South Africans during the era of apartheid, Archbishop Desmond Tutu has been honoured with the prestigious FIFA Presidential Award.
After the audience had been treated to a video showing the ten magnificent strikes in the running for the accolade, a clearly elated Hamit Altintop won the FIFA Puskas Award for the best goal of 2010.
Marta has been named FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year for the fifth time.
Finally, Lionel Messi has been named the first ever winner of the FIFA Ballon d’Or, beating Barcelona team-mates Andres Iniesta and Xavi to the prize.

Last edited:
Messi won best player ... How stupid can that be?

Anyway, Mourinho has just become the best manager in history at the age of 47

Because, only just; Messi > Xavi.

Evidently.

that girl Marta must be amazing :O someone should make a database with her in it and post it :L ha

Altintop's goal wasnt my favourite - Linus Hallenius was my fav, followed by the fantastic bit of improvisation from Matty Burrows.

The sad part of this is that because it's voted for online, then sometimes its a goal by the most polpular players that win, rather thn the best goal.

Example - if Messi had of scored the goal that Matty Burrows did - it would have won. Purely because it is Messi.

Messi - deserved but IMO should have been Sneijder.
Mourinho - Fully deserved and wasn't ever going to be anyone else really.
Altintop (goal of the year) - Disagree, should have gone to the Swedish guy who scored the Van Basten like volley.

Team of the year: No left back. Other than that, insane.

I'll accept Messi getting it, he's the best player in the world and has been in incredible form which shouldn't be ignored merely because he didn't win the Champions League or the World Cup.

Xavi and Iniesta was overkill, however. The latter, despite scoring the winning goal in the final, should have been omitted and replaced by Sneijder.

And [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPADvQ3nGE"]this[/ame] should have won goal of the year.

I'll accept Messi getting it, he's the best player in the world and has been in incredible form which shouldn't be ignored merely because he didn't win the Champions League or the World Cup.

Xavi and Iniesta was overkill, however. The latter, despite scoring the winning goal in the final, should have been omitted and replaced by Sneijder.

And this should have won goal of the year.

That goal was scored after the nominations. Don't think it was as good as Linus Valenius (sp) or Hamit Altintop personally though.

I think Sneijder should have won the ballon d'or.

Goal of the year should have gone to Hallenius his goal was amazing!

And this should have won goal of the year.
no the Fifa Puskas Award isnt the best goal of the year it also takes into account factors like last minute of the game, how important the game (e.g champions league)

Messi is exceptional, but my vote would have gone for Wesley Sneijder. Played such a huge part in that treble winning side. Both excellent players.

Yeah, i think Sneijder was the right person for this award, but because of top3 Xavi should got the reward...

are you serious? i could show you 10 goals better then that scored this year.... but lets not turn this into a video thread.
I see better goals than that week in week out on tvgolo, I was just hoping someone would refute it and post their favourite.

As this thread is destined to end up a Messi Vs thread when a certain user finds it.

Messai the talented player in the world
If you won points for what you won or acheived in the year then Sneijder hands down
How gutted must R Madrid be to let him go

Hallenius or Burrows for goal of the year, by far. I guess they couldn't contact the keepers...
The best player nominees were a joke, so was the win. If you're going to reward best player and leave out trophies, Ronaldo surely needs to be in the top 3. If you're going to reward trophies, Sneijder deserved to win it. If you're going to reward Barcelona just for the **** of it, then ****** give it to Xavi.