FIFA fails fans yet again

They don't show controversial incidents as it may provoke a reaction from angry fans.....

i dont even NEED to say anything

Last edited:
Shocking. An indictment on football in general today.

i dont understand why they cant start video technology....u cant blame te officals all the time

i dont understand why they cant start video technology....u cant blame te officals all the time

It's not that they can't, Sepp Blatter is just being a ***** because apparently referees should be making the decisions on what they see, not the cameras -.-

It's not that they can't, Sepp Blatter is just being a ***** because apparently referees should be making the decisions on what they see, not the cameras -.-

Yup.

However i think that we shud just have a 4th official on the goal line like they trialled in the europa league. Saves alot of time over technology and it can be implemented in al leagues over the world and doesnt make it different for deprived areas.

I think technology is needed but John Motson said last night that once goaline technology comes in people will want it for everything and the game won't be able flow. The 4th official seemed to work in the Europa League so why not try that this coming season

They allow it in Spain. I remember I was watching a match last season and the ref is allowed to talk to the assistant. However he had already seen the replay.

You wait till Switzerland get cheated out of something....Then he'll be all out for it :mad:

I saw Alan shearer saying on bbc that only goal line technology should be brought in (wonder why that is) but they shouldnt use technology for offsides and fouls because they are a matter of opinion and opinion shouldnt be taken out of the game. What load of rubbish offside is not opinion you either are offside or your not and a foul is not an opinion either as refs are given guild-lines to what is a foul, how fouls should be punished is opinion but not weather it is a foul or not. Shearer only wants the part of the game that he got cheated by to be fixed. If england where cheated of a goal be offside he would say use videos for offsides but not fouls or goals. What a ***** i have lost all respect for the selfish ****.

I dont get whats wrong with technology? Its used n tennis and Rugby and makes the game more fair and clean so why cant football have it? When's the next Fifa election? Who gets to vote?

look as much as it pained me to see that goal not given yesterday as soon as i saw it i said all germany will say is thats 1-1 from 1966. look football has a way off ripping you off 1 week and then in the future going for you so i belive lets just keep it the way it is.

Supposedly FIFA want to get the patent rights first for those technologies so they can get some profit out of it. That´s what i heard anyway.

It´s gutting when you´re the aggrieved one in situations like these, but let´s face it... if it would've been the other way round the ones who are complaining about it now would hardly care about it.
The not showing of those incidents, has a logical reason though... showing them makes the referee just more insecure if he´s able to take a glance at them, so he may start to rely on them more instead of trying to do the job by himself, and until the FIFA officially allows the use of technologies they can´t really let that happen.
It´s gutting when you´re the aggrieved one in situations like these, but let´s face it... if it would've been the other way round the ones who are complaining about it now would hardly care about it.

Well apart from the Irish, none of you were giving a toss either way until yesterday so...

Well apart from the Irish, none of you were giving a toss either way until yesterday so...
this stared from before the irish... just from what i remember this stated from way spurs united, when carroll was beaten until vesterday, ireland just happen to be the most high profile

look as much as it pained me to see that goal not given yesterday as soon as i saw it i said all germany will say is thats 1-1 from 1966. look football has a way off ripping you off 1 week and then in the future going for you so i belive lets just keep it the way it is.

That's not really fair, it's pretty much impossible to say whether that was over in 1966 but if they had today's technology I'm sure they would have wanted to use it. They were hardly technologically advanced then.. XD

People have been shouting about technology for years.. We've just been waiting for an incident like to happen for it to become even more obvious at how bad officials really are when it comes to this sort of thing.

Couple months ago the ball went over the line Pompey v Birmingham (i think) in FA cup quarter finals, we ended up winning that game and we couldn't even get into europa anyway. I think its ludicrous they haven't implemented it In high profile games in my opinion id have the technology throughout most of the game to show up the diving and viscous fouling ***** so they could be more appropriately punished in all to make it more a fair fluid game then some ****** stamping on someone's leg or diving on the floor when some guys brushed past a hair. Unbelievable Shameful displays that people get away with.

Last edited: