cZeur

Reaction score
What game is more accurate for attributes, FIFA 11 or FM 11?

I like playing Fifa too, but FM11 is a bit more accurate. The match engine is realistic too in FM11. Slower gameplay, fullbacks coming up, etc. Only that lot missed chances....

Definitely Football Manager. I seem to think that Fifa make players ratings better or worse depending on what club they're at (although I'm probably wrong). Also the full back ratings of players who aren't at clubs who compete for the league every year are awful. I mean Fifa are trying to say that Jose Enrique is worse than Danny Simpson.

I'm thinking more in terms of attributes, pace, dribbling, finishing etc. If you believe FM then Lucio - Inter, should have about 92-97 pace on FIFA, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Aaron Lennon is on of the fastest players on FIFA but on FM he's only like a 16?

FM's data base tool for player attributes is actually used as part of real clubs scouting, think i read that in one of the official blogs on the FM website,

FM's data base tool for player attributes is actually used as part of real clubs scouting, think i read that in one of the official blogs on the FM website,
I'm pretty sure someone from another forum posted a link that said Everton used the FM database before. That's how accurate the clubs think the FM database is.
Then again, this is a FM forum mate, so FM will probably get more support :p

I'd say Football Manager is more accurate, easily..

Managers even admit they use Football Manager to look at potential signings, Ian Holloway plays a lot of Football Manager and has looked at a few players on it before signing them..

I'm pretty sure someone from another forum posted a link that said Everton used the FM database before. That's how accurate the clubs think the FM database is.
Then again, this is a FM forum mate, so FM will probably get more support :p

Yes, but its actually not FM's data base, it a sort outsourced company, that provide the data for clubs and everton and who ever else uses it, It in the games designers blog he produces in the Sun newspaper

Managers even admit they use Football Manager to look at potential signings, Ian Holloway plays a lot of Football Manager and has looked at a few players on it before signing them..

Wow, that's something quite big. Is there a source?

Wow, that's something quite big. Is there a source?

He's signed with Sega I think, they did a few joke videos of him on their website giving pep talks and giving touchline instructions, etc..

And, he said about playing Football Manager in an interview on tele I think, think that's how he found Kornilenko!

He's signed with Sega I think, they did a few joke videos of him on their website giving pep talks and giving touchline instructions, etc..

And, he said about playing Football Manager in an interview on tele I think, think that's how he found Kornilenko!

Haha am I the only one to think that's epic? All that's left now is for one of us brokensjnf8ewhce8.com to win the EPL in real life.

Easily FM because on Fifa when you get to like League 2 all the players are really slow with bad touches? when in real life they might be really fast. Also penaltys..everyone in league 2 seems to have the shittest penalty taking on fifa when in real life they might be amazing at taking penaltys. I think fifa is accurate but when it comes too the lower leagues they need a bit more effort.

Football Manager is more accurate without a doubt.

Easily FM because on Fifa when you get to like League 2 all the players are really slow with bad touches? when in real life they might be really fast. Also penaltys..everyone in league 2 seems to have the shittest penalty taking on fifa when in real life they might be amazing at taking penaltys. I think fifa is accurate but when it comes too the lower leagues they need a bit more effort.

League 2 players are much better on FIFA than on FM, I think.

Last edited:
I would say that FM is a lot better at judging players current ability's but I would prefer the attributes to be out of a hundred rather than 20, would improve the games lower leagues a lot. I think Aston Villa signed with Championship Manager a few years ago (whenever the last CM was released) no idea why, CM is balls. A lot of footballers and managers do play games like FIFA and FM. I remember seeing Jamie Redknapp on a TV show a few months ago talking about when he saw Abramovich playing FM, which made me laugh.

Both games suck for potential ability though, FIFA manager mode development is **** and on FM the PA system is too predictable.

FM definately, Fifa update their ratings on how people are playing throughout the year aswell, Like Someone could have scored 20 goals in a season but done nothing throughout the season thats been impressive apart from score goals, Which come against lower teams in the league or tap ins ?.

think there is an option to have the ability out of a hundred or there was on one of the old games

As much as I love Fifa it has to be FM. Mainly because on Fifa I dont pay attention to many attributes, just the overall. But in FM there is no overall so you are forced to look at all the attributes.

Hmm, and where did you get that little nugget of information from? I'd be interested in whether you could back that up with any independent facts. You're seriously saying Ian Holloway spends all his working life as a football manager, then comes home and in his spare time plays, er, football manager? Hardly likely, is it? It's hardly likely, too, that any manager would entrust his research into a multi-thousand-pound investment solely to a computer game. Makes it sound like you're 'in the know' by repeating such cobblers though, doesn't it?

Hmm, and where did you get that little nugget of information from? I'd be interested in whether you could back that up with any independent facts. You're seriously saying Ian Holloway spends all his working life as a football manager, then comes home and in his spare time plays, er, football manager? Hardly likely, is it? It's hardly likely, too, that any manager would entrust his research into a multi-thousand-pound investment solely to a computer game. Makes it sound like you're 'in the know' by repeating such cobblers though, doesn't it?

I actually wouldn't be that surprised if real managers used FM for scouting. Not for detailed reports etc, but for scanning the database for players that wouldn't normally come up on the club's radar. Blackpool won't have scouts based in every country - even in just Europe - so there wouldn't be a downside to Holloway telling his chief scout to check out a player who's not bad on FM, and isn't in the radar of Blackpool's scouting system..

As has been mentioned, FM is a rather good reflection on real players' abilities.