Yes, but its actually not FM's data base, it a sort outsourced company, that provide the data for clubs and everton and who ever else uses it, It in the games designers blog he produces in the Sun newspaper

The data is collected by 1000's of 'scouts' for Sports Interactive. The database is their own and the 'scouts' are just regular fans all around the world who provide information on the players. It is a huge network.

in fm i look at the skills of teh player, in fifa i just look at the overall plus FM is overall way more accurate

FM gots accuracy. FIFA bases on overall ratings.

plus FM attribute data can be implemented in the PES. but PES uses their own konami database

I actually wouldn't be that surprised if real managers used FM for scouting. Not for detailed reports etc, but for scanning the database for players that wouldn't normally come up on the club's radar. Blackpool won't have scouts based in every country - even in just Europe - so there wouldn't be a downside to Holloway telling his chief scout to check out a player who's not bad on FM, and isn't in the radar of Blackpool's scouting system..

As has been mentioned, FM is a rather good reflection on real players' abilities.

It's not a good reflection in my experience, which is of managing the team I've supported for 34 years. FM's versions of Hull City players Paul McShane and former stars Jozy Altidore and Dean Marney are substantially different to the real-life versions in many ways, including pace, finishing and shooting. You'd have to be nuts, or lazy, to base an investment of sometimes a few million pounds on the database of a piece of software clearly so flawed. It's great and everything, but let's not confuse it with real life.

Definitely FM.

EA seem to think that if you aren't a premier league player you automatically run as fast as a barely conscious tortoise.

SI aren't brilliant at some of the potential of players though. Joe Bennett has proven himself massively to be a good player at championship level yet he always turns out awful on the game.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JaggersYes, but its actually not FM's data base, it a sort outsourced company, that provide the data for clubs and everton and who ever else uses it, It in the games designers blog he produces in the Sun newspaper
The data is collected by 1000's of 'scouts' for Sports Interactive. The database is their own and the 'scouts' are just regular fans all around the world who provide information on the players. It is a huge network.

Exclusive Football Manager 2011 blog with Miles Jacobson: Day one, what is Football Manager? - Football Manager 2011 - MirrorFootball.co.uk

You are correct just found the blog by Miles Jacobson (God) , the team that uses it as a referance tool is Everton