Dude ur new overload tactic is going with standart is that right?

Yes... It's got Standrad mentality. "Overload" is just a name and nothing more and I named it like that just to indicate that when you use this tactic you put extreme pressure on your opposition in cost of the stability in the defense and to achieve such pressure it isn't necessary to use Overload mentality. ;)

Last edited:
TTF, I like tactics based on 4-3-3 or 4123.This one of your 442's been great to me. One of the most stable of this FM 17. But how could I try to adapt this to a 433 (4123)? Without losing the quality of this 442, of course.

TTF, I like tactics based on 4-3-3 or 4123.This one of your 442's been great to me. One of the most stable of this FM 17. But how could I try to adapt this to a 433 (4123)? Without losing the quality of this 442, of course.

in his other thread there's a 4-1-2-3 that works perfect too lol (wardlord thread, new vortex tactic)

I'd recommend this:

MCL : Left Foot – Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong
MCR : Right Foot – Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong
STCL : Left Foot – Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong
STCR : Right Foot – Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

what about DL and DR? could we use modern inverted WB-s as DL ? like darmian de sciglio santon azpilicueta ? or 20 rating on left foot would perform better?

no.
that 4-1-2-2-1, i like without wingers, 433 pure

Hey mate,

If you look at the attacking build-up play and the defensive play of this tactic then you'll see that it isn't possible to make something like that with 3 striker formation.

what about DL and DR? could we use modern inverted WB-s as DL ? like darmian de sciglio santon azpilicueta ? or 20 rating on left foot would perform better?

Hey,

The tactic works the best if DL's got 20 rating for the left foot and DR's got 20 rating for the right foot.

"INSIDE FORWARDS" VERSION OF TACTIC HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE OP

WARLORD THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED

The only difference of this version from the original tactic is ML/MR positions were moved to AML/AMR and their roles were changed from Wide Midfielders to Inside Forwards and PIs were tweaked too.

Right now it's hard for me to tell which tactic is better because both tactics show very similar results but this version has one obvious advantage over the original version, it’s much easier to find players for AML/AMR positions than ML/MR positions.

Guys, I've closed WARLORD thread because with Inside Forwards version of this tactic there's no point in having VORTEX tactic anymore.

Fighter_IFs_Formation.png

check the OP, it says AML/AMR/MCL should take the corners

ok thx. he changed it. it wasn't there when I asked. it was only for first tac that is why I asked and presumed.

but anyway thx that is what I was trying to find.

TFF i can remember u telling me on fm16 the championship was a easy league to win, is it the same for this years fm. Thanx m8

With Man United which CDs would you go for? Rojo - Smalling? or Bailly - Smalling?

And as AFs would you go with Martial - Rashford or Martial - Zlatan?

Using Sparta in Holland. The IF version is terrbile for my defence, the opposition are just waaaay too open on the wings.
I replayed the match, using the WM version which is not fluid, and I won the match 2-0

Last edited:
IMO, fighter V1 is much much better than the IF one in my different saves.
Have a nice christmas eve guys ! :)

4-2-4 Inside Forwards was not a good Christmas Present unfortunately. :(

Yep.Unfortunately.Not.Working.For.Me.Neither.

Havent tried the inside forward one yet but Vortex was a lot better than Fighter for me, currently in January 1st season with Spurs no transfers and unbeaten in the league with 51 points after 19 games!