Final Fantasy VII Appreciation

TheHig

Reaction score
Just thought this game deserves it's own thread, looking at the best game music thread Final Fantasy VII came to mind, got me thinking how ****** perfect this game is.
Nothing to this day has beaten it, I must have spent 1000s of hours on it and will spend 1000s more.

I did first play through the game when I was quite young, think I was about 12 or 13 and it blew me away, I still remember the first play through so vividly.
It felt like much more than a game, it was an experience, everything about the game was so immersive, the story, characters, music , scenery,, the WORLD it all draws you in as you fall in love with it.

There is something this game as that no other game has, I cant put my finger on it.
It may be because its the first game of my childhood I grew obsessed with.
As I have gotten older (now 24) its aged well in my eyes, and every year I find more things about the game I like.

The only thing wrong with the game was at some point it has to end

Just thought this game deserves it's own thread, looking at the best game music thread Final Fantasy VII came to mind, got me thinking how ****** perfect this game is.
Nothing to this day has beaten it, I must have spent 1000s of hours on it and will spend 1000s more.

I did first play through the game when I was quite young, think I was about 12 or 13 and it blew me away, I still remember the first play through so vividly.
It felt like much more than a game, it was an experience, everything about the game was so immersive, the story, characters, music , scenery,, the WORLD it all draws you in as you fall in love with it.

There is something this game as that no other game has, I cant put my finger on it.
It may be because its the first game of my childhood I grew obsessed with.
As I have gotten older (now 24) its aged well in my eyes, and every year I find more things about the game I like.

The only thing wrong with the game was at some point it has to end
yeah quality game not played for donkeys coz cant get off fm lol

Incredible game.

Probably still my all-time favourite RPG, and one of my favourite games overall. Have invested tons, and tons of hours into it, into 'challenge' playthroughs using only specific group / weapon set-ups, and taking out the Weapon bosses.

I have still to this day, never beaten Ruby Weapon yet

I think I need to give it another playthrough now. Great game, although for some reason FFX is my stand-out FF game, probably because I was a bit too young to truly appreciate FFVII and watched it more than I played, but FFX came with my PS2 as my only game for months.

My Fav game of all time...game is just epic...great story, great soundtrack, great characters, the later bosses are pretty challenging and overall the game is just so fun to play :)

Greatest game there ever will be. The first game that actualy made me cry. Aeris' death scene was absolutely shocking. FFVII is gaming perfection. Brilliant story, Music, Characters... Everything. VIII and X were ****** marvelous too.

FFXIII however is a disgrace dumbed down for idiots that should be cast to the deepest pits of ****. Square-Enix sold out to appease the chavy moronic COD generation who want games with 2 hour single player modes so they can play repetative **** against other retards halw way around the world. Unfortunately that is the way the vast majority of games are going these days and i can't see things ever recovering.

when you blow up sector 5 reactor, as you leave the hideout they leave a 5 year old child in charge of the bar ...epic......:D

Anyone have a preferred playstation emulator? Still got the discs but no Sony consoles and tempted to play it to see the night away.

psxe, google that one, you will need a bios file for it was, and even then its still complex to get it working even on high end systems you run into a number of problems.
If you own the game, I'd just get another Ps1 there cheap, or use your Ps2 if you have one, even a ps3 will play ps1 games if you create an internal memory card

psxe, google that one, you will need a bios file for it was, and even then its still complex to get it working even on high end systems you run into a number of problems.
If you own the game, I'd just get another Ps1 there cheap, or use your Ps2 if you have one, even a ps3 will play ps1 games if you create an internal memory card

You mentioning ePSXe reminded me that I set it up months ago and still have it in a folder somewhere. Found it and its working fine. I would get some old consoles but I don't actually own a TV, just a pair of monitors with HDMI/DVI/VGA input, a bit awkward for the old consoles.

The greatest FF game of all time.
I preordered FF XIII and almost cried when I took it back to the shop 5 days later.... a horrible game.

If they remade FFVII (Which I know they won't :mad:) if would be the greatest game ever. Imagine storming the Shinra Headquarters in fully next gen rendered graphics ... Speeding away of the highway ... Watching the Summons come down and **** your enemy ;)

Re-rendered Music with the full orchestra! ..... just that would be epic!

Greatest game of all time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heL6FCojAbI"]YouTube - Final Fantasy VII 7: Knights of the Round summon[/ame]

:wub:

Last edited:
You mentioning ePSXe reminded me that I set it up months ago and still have it in a folder somewhere. Found it and its working fine. I would get some old consoles but I don't actually own a TV, just a pair of monitors with HDMI/DVI/VGA input, a bit awkward for the old consoles.

yeah it enorumusly complicated to get an old console to work on a monitor, although with some funny looking adaptors can be done lol

Would also like to say the this game is one of the most Hated games of all time.
all most exclusivly by people who have never played the game! If you have seen things like Gamefaqs character battles Cloud and Seph used to dominate .... untill the "new" generation of gamers came along ... ... .. yes thats you people whos first console was the PS2 / 3

yeah it enorumusly complicated to get an old console to work on a monitor, although with some funny looking adaptors can be done lol

If you are prepared to overcome the complications and sort the adapters out, i have a psone (the small one) you can have if you like Cal.

I don't use it anymore and no-one on ebay wants it.

If you are prepared to overcome the complications and sort the adapters out, i have a psone (the small one) you can have if you like Cal.

I don't use it anymore and no-one on ebay wants it.

Thanks for the offer, but emulation is sorted, more adaptable and lets me use my 360 controller. And psone is evil, giant brick PlayStation :wub:.

Oh i have the giant brick too if you would prefer? lol.