smiles1000

Reaction score
I've just started a career with QPR and I'm projected to finish £17 million in the red. I've sold some of the top earners and replaced them with players want less wages. I've transfer listed all the other big earners but no one wants them. Has anyone got any other ideas on how to help me reduce the loss I'm predicted to finish with

If you wanted to get rid of those transfer listed players you could add them to unwanted list>sell at any price. Your staff will get him sold for you (although you can still manually cancel any deals in the transfer centre.

As its QPR I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure the Chairman will pump money in when needed.

What's your wage bill, atm? I doubt you will actually go £17m in the red.. I never take notice of the financial predictions, they suck! Remember that if you achieve a good place in the league you'll get a pretty decent bonus!

I've just started a career with QPR and I'm projected to finish £17 million in the red. I've sold some of the top earners and replaced them with players want less wages. I've transfer listed all the other big earners but no one wants them. Has anyone got any other ideas on how to help me reduce the loss I'm predicted to finish with

The big problem with having useless big earners is that of course, no one wants them either, and those who might are put off by their big demands. I try to play them so they do well and drum up some sort of interest. Other than that not much apart from wait for the prize and TV money

Nice to see someone who knows how the finances work... no names mentioned!

I would keep on offering them until you are practically giving them away. Have you also tried to negotiate new contracts with the current players to try and reduce the wage bill? I had to do this on one of my saves, and the players would sacrifice £10K-£15K of there wage which helped a lot!

What's your wage bill, atm? I doubt you will actually go £17m in the red.. I never take notice of the financial predictions, they suck! Remember that if you achieve a good place in the league you'll get a pretty decent bonus!

Yep people forget that clubs lose money throughout the year, and generally make it up through the summer windfall.

He won't

I've posted twice, so has Mike. Hardly Spam. I'm just telling the truth, he won't get any bonus from a high finish- I know that from personal experience.

Mike has tried to help, you have not. Now, please stop or you will face an infraction

As mentioned, don't pay too much attention to the financial projections-only time I do is when I'm in lower leagues, as due to my poor performances I've sort crippled my current club a bit. But mostly they're not the most accurate, And the poor performaning big players on high wages can be a nightmare as also mentioned-they definately won't garner interest. I've had that problem many a time to the point where I've just let them go out of desperation.

But the tv money, a good season, winning competitions/qualifying will boost income

Mike has tried to help, you have not. Now, please stop or you will face an infraction

NOT ANOTHER INFRACTION!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm trying to help by telling him what has happened in my save with QPR, in other words, the truth. So therefore, more helpful. So, to the guy who made this post- you will not finish in a high position if you sell all your high earners as you will have to blend in a whole new squad. You will finish in a low position which will negate any potential 'bonuses' from finishing in a higher position. In all likelihood you will receive a minute transfer budget in the following season which will limit your ability to succeed. My advice? Don't bother even trying.

Saying don't even bother trying is hardly helping at all it's offputting for some people.

The fact is there are bonuses. No matter how big or small they do help the club and take some of the pressure off even if it's short term. If things get really bad the chairman also does a cash injection to help the club with running costs

I want it to be offputting so he doesn't waste pointless hours trying to win. In my save the owner cancelled out the debt and at the same time implemented a loan which would have left the club saddled with debt. Then he gave me a tiny budget and demanded I finished in the top half- not worth the effort.

cheers for the advice guys - I will take it on board and have a think what to. That was one of the main problems I had was blending a whole new squad together but I have only managed to sell a few players so I don't have make a whole new squad together.

Anyways if anyone wants to check out how I get on in this career please check out my story - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tories/111993-saving-queens-park-rangers.html

Could also try loaning some of the players too which can help ease some of the outgoings

To be honest I'm a £200,000 under the wage budget anyway and still have £6 million transfer budget left so to be honest I don't think the club is that bad financially, its just looks bad when your projected that amount of loss

Good Luck!

Do everyone a favor and look at where your going wrong on your game and then look on the forums how you can imprive on these areas instead of coming on these forums telling everyone who bad the game is because your bad at it!

What im saying is after reading your comments and post is that its not the game! Its you, your bad at the game. GET GOOD!