These findings are very similar to my experiences. I absolutely love scouting talent (in all games and platforms).

A lot of FM players overlook Africa in regards to regens. They will sign them after they get to europe for multi millions, but if you take the time to look, you can find the Africans while they play for their african club and often get them for merely peanuts!

Nigeria is always a gold mine for me. In a 9 year save, I've had 10 nigerian international regens on my squad and sold most of them for 1000% profit if not greater.

The most worrying thing your stats depict is the emphasis on attack and lack of balance in regens. In my long term save, finding continental class regen GKs is nearly impossible; the same can be said for most defensive positions (and AMC to boot!) Finding quality strikers is waaaaaaaay too easy. I even had to change my formation to two strikers because I had so much talent that I couldn't keep on the bench. I buy regen strikers by the truckload now, and then sell them at high prices. It's kind of soured me on the game....there are enough quality strikers for every top division club in europe (although most of the time, only the richest clubs buy good strikers and then have 4-5 of them rot in reserves for years)

It just baffles me, because the game produces excess numbers of strikers, the AI will stockpile them and waste them. By the time they go on bosmas to a club they can start for, their PA is destroyed. It's a waste of AI club resources and a waste of talent.

Last edited:
First of all, fantastic thread, the statistical breakdown is quite informative and very interesting.

Secondly, makes me feel very lucky to have a real gem of a player:
Michalis Argyriou. Not only is he a greek wonderkid but he is also a natural AMC.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IqirPIo46IA/TclRGwY649I/AAAAAAAAAAM/Wq8QDIV2Lv8/s1600/Michalis+Argyriou.jpg

He joined my club when he was 17 (almost 3 seasons ago), Genie scout wasn't released then so can't tell you his CA when he joined, but currently his CA is 150 and his PA is 185, so he still has some improving to do, which is great. He is proving to be a real creative force in what is a very young Cardiff squad and the best part is that he only cost 500 k!

Last edited:
also a bit saddened by the amount of keepers coming through :( I guess I was one of the only ones who always wanted to play keepers since a young age when as you said, all the kids want to play upfront!

Hahaha i was exactly the same, still am =] I always tend to try an sign English players when i manage teams in England an its really hard to find a good newgen =/ I am a bit worried about the game becoming unbalance especially for those you end up going into 2030s and beyond, anyone know if this is the case?

Hahaha i was exactly the same, still am =] I always tend to try an sign English players when i manage teams in England an its really hard to find a good newgen =/ I am a bit worried about the game becoming unbalance especially for those you end up going into 2030s and beyond, anyone know if this is the case?

Im in 2032 now and (my save at least) doesnt seem unbalanced at all. Seems to be lots of good regens!

The only problem i find is good GK's and Right/Left Backs. There is good ones to be found but nowhere as near as abundant as, for example, stirkers

This is a great statistics overview. Why are you surprised that we Croats created so many great newgens? We have already about 10-15 under-16 age players at least who can make it to the top. We love football, and some call our nation 'The European Brazil'.
A sto lazes da vas zovu "evropski Brazilci"? Nije lepo kititi se tudjim perijem, ccc......

A sto lazes da vas zovu "evropski Brazilci"? Nije lepo kititi se tudjim perijem, ccc......

I know Croatian but as we need to speak English...

I heard that they call us like that because of the great mentality of our players which is similar to those from Brazil. As I said, I HEARD it like that, if you think that's not true it's your opinion...

w6w0t2.png

This guy is the best player ever? He's 16!!!

as much as this is a good post, i still doesn't really help me find newgens

1 January Chile
2 January Brazil
5 January Iceland
5 January Ireland
7 January Finland
10 January Columbia
15 January Ivory Coast
15 January Tunisia
15 January Algeria
15 January Morocco
15 January Cameroon
15 January Senegal
15 January Nigeria
15 January Egypt
20 January Norway
28 January Peru

14 February Belarus

7 June Bosnia
7 June Montenegro
7 June New Zealand
20 June Northern Ireland
20 June Israel
20 June Croatia
20 June Switzerland
20 June Ukraine
20 June Wales
20 June Greece
20 June Hungary
20 June Turkey
20 June France
20 June Germany
20 June Portugal
20 June Australia
20 June Scotland
25 June England
25 June Austria
29 June Slovakia
30 June Czech Republic
30 June Poland
30 June Belgium
30 June Italy

1 July Bulgaria
1 July Slovenia
1 July Roumania
7 July Denmark
7 July Holland
10 July Serbia
10 July Spain
15 July South Africa
20 July Mexico

1 August Uruguay
1 August Argentina

19 September Barbados
19 September Trinidad & Tobago
19 September Paraguay
19 September Ecuador
19 September Bolivia

9 December Japan
26 December U.S.A
27 December Sweden
27 December Russia
27 December China

what are the main attributes to find newgens??

Last edited:
Easier way to find regens:

-Click on a club
-Transfer history
-Select "Youth" from the drop down tab on the right
-Enjoy your delicious regens

I've also found Real Madrid to produce some great talents on my current save & they don't always protect them properly. Bought 2 world-Class players from them for $10 mill each thx to buy out clause. Lost one to Man City cause he had a $86 mill buy out clause but I do enjoy the huge profit.

the most Best regens found are mostly in Spain or italy.

barca's youth team produce top quality young spaniards. especially up to 2017/18 before the two passing masters retire. snapped up a left winger and an amc for free at schalke after they got released. went on to become the first uncapped players to win world player of the year while at schalke with me. took them to valencia when i moved there and they destroyed la liga.

Is there a way i could find good regens, i can never seem to find as many as some of the people on here, im coming up to 2015 on my game & ive found one, a swede called Simon Svanberg who's knocked Alexis Sanchez out of my starting 11, but i probly wont find another one for another few years... some one must know a way i could find them easier ?