Fletcher signs new Man Utd deal

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher signs a new four-year contract with the club.

More...

Carrick, Fletcher. To follow the pattern, Scholes will be next ;)

excellent, our engine room is extending his stay :D

Much better news than yesterday. Hopefully Scholes follows him by signing for another season but I wouldn't count on it. Still feel we need more creativity in the midfield.

One of the most underrated players in the world i would say. Hate him with a passion but he is an immense footballer.

Good news. Never ever had a doubt about his commitment. So it is not a surprise. I have a feeling he will stay all his career at United. I love his commitment and work rate. Key player for us for past 2 seasons.

"I watch how good Lampard, Fabregas and Gerrard are but when we play them I think 'Right, I'm going to see how good you really are!' I'm going to get against you and see how you like it. And when you've not got the ball I'm still going to get about you and see how you like it.

"I'm going to ask you 'Do you fancy it? Do you like getting kicked? Do you like the fact I am going to be at you for the whole 90 minutes? 'As soon as you get the ball I am going to be in your face. You are not going to like it one bit. Are you ready for that because that's what's going to happen'."

What a guy, future Man Utd captain, bets midfielder in the Premier League. Long live Darren Fletcher.

Very good news although hardly surprising. The likes of Scholes and Giggs will pass the baton on to Fletcher and he will be at the club for his whole career. He is Manchester United

I think FM-Base is the only place where people praise Fletcher. Obviously excluding Alex Ferguson, of course, who, for some reason, keeps playing him.

I think FM-Base is the only place where people praise Fletcher. Obviously excluding Alex Ferguson, of course, who, for some reason, keeps playing him.

Nice trolling. ;)

We're a far better side with him in the side than without him. Unparalleled work rate.

And he keeps delivering in all games, especially in big games and somehow became key player for us in the past 3 seasons. :S

He's no Scott Parker but he is an important player for us. I much prefer him to Carrick, but we really need to invest in that area this summer

Nice trolling. ;)

We're a far better side with him in the side than without him. Unparalleled work rate.

Alright, since you thought I was trolling, I went hunting for people who agree with me.

Here are the results:

Just goes to show there is no money to spend, otherwise this awkward looking pillock would be offloaded in the summer instead of being given a new contract

Marvellous news. Another w**ker given a ridiculous contract when he should be playing in League 1.

Just Gibson left to sign then.
rolleye0010.gif

Just another 4 years then
sad-smiley.gif

fletcher/carrick and possibly giggs/scholes getting new contracts,maybe we should give hargreaves another five yrs.

Source: http://www.footballforums.net/forum...-Midfield-maestro-Fletcher-signs-new-contract.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

And he keeps delivering in all games, especially in big games and somehow became key player for us in the past 3 seasons. :S

In his last big game, which was a defeat against Chelsea, he was diabolical.

Alright, since you thought I was trolling, I went hunting for people who agree with me.

Here are the results:

Source: http://www.footballforums.net/forum...-Midfield-maestro-Fletcher-signs-new-contract.

Looks like a kids forum. Is it only for Under 13s? XD

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

You read this in that forum?
He was very good playing box to box role. Not the performance expected from him, but he was very good. This season he is having mare, prior to his he has pwned them all in the midfield. (H)

And i wont be surprised if you draw any conclusion based on the link you posted. ******* hilarious.

Seriously though, Kid's shouldn't be allowed to play with Laptops/Computers. This is what happens.

Last edited:

Here are the results:

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I'd hardly call him a midfield maestro, so the forum is stupid. ;) I'll trust Alex Ferguson's opinion over some random internet forum, too. Hardly the man to allow someone to get carried in the team for so long.

No, it is a general football forum for all ages.

I understand the defensive nature of your post, but I'm still relieved that other United fans see sense.

No sunilvk7, that was my own opinion from watching the game. Fletcher was awful.