Florence Has A New Machine - A Fiorentina Story

Kerguelen

Reaction score
AFC Fiorentina

About The Club
Fiorentina are a professional club in Italy's Serie A. Just over a decade ago the club had dropped to Serie C after going bankrupt. They are now back where they should be and have finished impressively 4th in the past couple of seasons.

View attachment 300635

Expectations
I'm expected to get a top 6 finish which would ensure Europa League Qualification. Our media prediction is 6th and to me that all sounds about right.

Key Players

Juan Cuadrado
View attachment 300633

Mario Gomez
View attachment 300632

Borja Valero
View attachment 300631

Our 3 best players are top, top players and I'll need them to perform if we are to achieve our expectations. The one thing about our squad is that it lacks Italian players with only 3 in the first team. I will be looking to address that.

Star Youth Player

Federio Bernardechi
View attachment 300629
The young winger looks like the real deal. For this season he will provide cover on both wings. He is just 1 of the 3 Italians in the first team.

Disappointment & Frustration

Giuseppe Rossi
View attachment 300628
Looking In the Reserves we find Giuseppe Rossi. I wondered where he was for a minute. Unfortunately he is nursing a cruciate knee ligament injury and won't be around for at least 8 months. Hopefully his stats don't drop too much.

View attachment 300399

Pre-Season

Pre-Season Fixtures

I scrapped the pre-season fixtures that were automatically set up and arranged 9 pre-season games against teams which are weaker than mine, but can cause us problems if we are not playing well.
Fiorentina 5-2 Brondby IF

Fiorentina 1-0 Aalborg BK

Fiorentina 3-0 FC Midtjylland

Fiorentina 5-0 KRC Genk

Fiorentina 2-0 Levski Sofia

Fiorentina 4-0 Levski Sofia

Fiorentina 2-0 FK Austria Wein

Fiorentina 1-0 FC Thun

Fiorentina 0-0 Pandurii

We won 8 of our 9 pre-season fixtures. The final game was a draw against a top Romanian which was disappointing. It was a positive pre-season though.

New Signings

Matteo Darmian (£6.5mil from Torino)
View attachment 300395

Nicola Sansone (£5.5mil from Sassuolo)
View attachment 300394

Alberto Paloschi (£5.5 from Chievo)
View attachment 300393
We needed some more Italians in the first team & I've picked up 3 who can improve us. 'Matteo Darmian' will be our first choice right-back, Nicola Sansone will fight to be first choice on the left-wing with Juan Manuel Vargas & Alberto Paloschi will be backup to Mario Gomez.

View attachment 300392
We got rid of some fringe players. Joaquin wasn't a fringe player but he's old, on high wages & never going to be infront of Juan Cuadrado. Also I got rid of the players who were here on loan (Micah Richards, Jasmin Kurtic, Octavio & Marko marin)

Tactics

View attachment 300391
I'll pretty much always be playing 4-5-1 (or 4-1-4-1 as they're calling it in the game)

View attachment 300390
When everyone is fit this is probably my strongest starting XI.

Season Expectations Review

View attachment 300389
I had a transfer budget of £8.5mil, though once I sold the players I wanted to get rid off & terminated loans I had around £21mil.

Europa League Group Draw

View attachment 300388
Ourselves & Wolfsburg are pretty similar & will be fighting for top spot. The other 2 teams shouldn't be much of a problem.​

Love this story as i am a huge Serie A fan. Always wanted to see iViola come out of the shadows lets hope they can now. Good summer signings and managed to keep hold of Neto who always joins Napoli on my games (ergh Napoli)

Love this story as i am a huge Serie A fan. Always wanted to see iViola come out of the shadows lets hope they can now. Good summer signings and managed to keep hold of Neto who always joins Napoli on my games (ergh Napoli)

Napoli did make a couple of bids for him but I had no intention of selling.

View attachment 299902

September

September Fixtures

Fiorentina 2-1 Cesena (Serie A)
View attachment 299898
A win in the opening game of the season. We came back from behind to pick up a deserved win.

Parma 0-2 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 299897
Good performance, good win. Parma is not an easy place to go to.

Fiorentina 3-1 VFL Wolfsburg (Europa Leaue Group Stage)
View attachment 299895
Very well played. We went 3-0 up in the first half. Took our foot off the gas in the second half.

Fiorentina 1-0 Sassuolo (Seria A)
View attachment 299894
Alberto Aquilani came off the bench to score a wonder goal and give us the 3 points.

Empoli 0-2 Fiorentina (Seria A)
View attachment 299892
A comfortable win over local rivals Empoli.

Fiorentina 3-1 Chievo (Seria A)
View attachment 299890
Another comfortable win to continue our perfect start.

League Table

View attachment 299888
Were top of the league, 2 points ahead of Inter & Juventus. We play both of them next month.

Player Of The month

View attachment 299885
Mario Gomez, with 5 goals in 6 games.​

Looks good, will follow for sure and that's a very creative name for the story.

View attachment 299532

October

October Fixtures

Slovan Liberec 1-1 Fiorentina (Europa League Group Stage)
View attachment 299530
A disappointing draw to a Czech side. Our first dropped points of the season.

Sampdoria 1-2 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 299529
A good win. Going to Sampdoria is difficult.

Fiorentina 2-3 Lazio (Seria A)
View attachment 299528
Disappointment as we record our first loss of the season. We went 2-0 down but recovered to 2-2. I would have accepted a draw, but losing late on was disappointing.

Fiorentina 2-0 Botev Plovdiv (Europa League Group Stage)
View attachment 299527
As expected an easy win against a Bulgarian side I had never heard of.

Inter Milan 1-0 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 299526
A late goal kills us for the 2nd time this month. We were well worth a point against Inter, but Yuto Nagatomo scored a wonder goal we could do nothing about.

Fiorentina 0-2 Juventus (Serie A)
View attachment 299525
I didn't expect to beat Juventus and we didn't.

League Table

View attachment 299524
Down to 5th after what was a disappointing month. Still we are only 2 points of 2nd placed Udinese.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 299522
No one really had a good month but I suppose Juan Cuadrado played well at times.​

View attachment 299071

November

November Fixtures

Palermo 2-3 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 299069
We took the lead in the 1st minute, but then went behind. In the end we got a 3-2 win to end a run of 3 Serie A losses in a row.

Botev Plovdiv 1-1 Fiorentina (Europa League Group Stage)
View attachment 299068
This was a real disappointment. Despite having an extra man for the majority of the 2nd half we still only managed a draw.

Cagliari 1-2 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 299067
We win a hard fought game against Cagliari. Nicola Sansone scored a wonder goal.

Fiorentina 2-0 Atalanta (Serie A)
View attachment 299066
A brace from Mario Gomez gives us a 2-0 win over Atalanta.

VFL Wolfsburg 2-3 Fiorentina (Europa League Group Stage)
View attachment 299065
A very good win at Wolfsburg. A hat-trick from Alberto Paloschi gave us the win.

Napoli 2-1 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 299062
We really didn't deserve to lose this game. Jose Callejon's finising was just too good for us, and we spurned so many good chances.

League Table

View attachment 299060
We are 4th, and 3 points of Juventus who lead the table. Were on the same points as 2nd placed Inter Milan & 3rd placed AC Milan.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 299059
Nicola Sansone has had a very good month. He's been very good so far this season, playing much better than I had expected.

View attachment 298053

December

December Fixtures

Fiorentina 4-0 Udinese (Serie A)
View attachment 298052
Best performance so far. A Mario Gomez hat-trick helps us smash Udinese.

Fiorentina 2-0 Slovan Liberec (Europa League Group Stage)
View attachment 298051
An easy home win against our Czech opponents as expected.

Verona 0-4 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 298050
Our 2nd 4-0 win of the month. This time it's Verona who we smashed.

League Table

View attachment 298049
A short month as we head into the winter break. We are 2nd, only 3 points behind Juventus. Inter Milan & AC Milan are right behind us.

Europa League Group Table

View attachment 298048
We won the group with 4 wins & 2 draws. Wolfsburg finished in 2nd. As expected the other 2 teams never looked like progressing.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 298047
Mario Gomez was the player of the month with 3 goals against Udinese & 2 more against Verona.

View attachment 297587

January

January Fixtures

Fiorentina 4-1 Genoa (Serie A)
View attachment 297586
We continue to play like we played before the winter break with a 4-1 win over Genoa. Mario Gomez with another hat-trick.

Roma 1-3 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 297584
A good away win over Roma who are struggling a bit this season. We were helped out by Ashley Cole getting sent off before half-time.

Fiorentina 1-1 Sampdoria (Fiorentina Win 5-3 On Penalty's)
(Italian Cup 1st Round)
View attachment 297580
I decided to rotate the squad for this game, and despite dominating we couldn't put away our chances. Still, we got through on penalties.

Fiorentina 1-1 AC Milan (Serie A)
View attachment 297576
A good draw at home to AC Milan and we were unlucky not to walk away with 3 points.

Torino 2-0 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 297574
We were stunned by Torino as they end up with a deserved 2-0 win courtesy of a Fabio Quagliarella brace.

Cesena 0-3 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 297573
In our final game of the month we thrash relegation threatened Cesena.

Serie A Table

View attachment 297572
We stay 2nd in the table, but are 8 points behind leaders Juventus. I son't believe it is possible to catch them, so we much concentrate on making the top 3 finish which will give us Champions League football.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 297566
Borja Valero has been brilliant all season and continued his fine form this month.

View attachment 297201

February

February Fixtures

Fiorentina 3-0 Parma (Serie A)
View attachment 297200
A very dominant performance here as we beat Parma 3-0.

Inter Milan 2-4 Fiorentina *AET* (Italian Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 297199
While I'm happy to get past Inter Milan, it shouldn't have gone to extra time as we were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go. However we done what was needed in extra time to book a place in the semi-finals.

Sassuolo 0-1 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 297198
We were clearly still tired after our long game against Inter and it showed in our performance. A late deflected goal gave us a win in what was a pretty dull match.

Fiorentina 3-0 Empoli (Serie A)
View attachment 297197
An easy win over local rivals Empoli a expected.

Estoril 0-3 Fiorentina (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 297196
3 goals in the last 11 minutes of the game means we have pretty much booked our place in the next round before the second leg.

Chievo 2-3 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 297195
We manage to get a 3-2 win at Chievo, but we really should have made it a more comfortable win.

Fiorentina 2-0 Estoril (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / 2nd Leg)
Fiorentina win 5-0 on aggregate
View attachment 297194
All the hard work was done in the first leg. We still put on a good display to win 5-0 on aggregate. We play Hull City in the next round.

Serie A Table

View attachment 297192
What a month!! 7 wins out of 7 including beating Inter Milan 4-2 at their place. We are now 5 points clear of 3rd placed AC Milan with a game in hand. We are 6 points behind leaders Juventus, and they look unstoppable at the moment.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 297190
Our captain Manuel Pasqual has had a brilliant month. He's been great both defensively & going forward.​

You're doing well, second place is more than good. Don't worry about Rossi though, when he returns he will probably break his leg in the first match :p The most injury prone player I've seen in FM.

Good read. Fiorentina are my favourite Italian team, so good luck

You're doing well, second place is more than good. Don't worry about Rossi though, when he returns he will probably break his leg in the first match :p The most injury prone player I've seen in FM.

I won't even be playing him when he's back. Mario Gomez is jut too good :). (Probably jinxed it now)
I'll most likely sell Rossi at the end of the season if I can get a decent fee for him.

View attachment 295363

March

March Fixtures

Fiorentina 3-0 Parma (Italian Cup Semi Final / First Leg)
View attachment 295361
We batter Parma to pretty much book a place in the Italian Cup final. I will be able to rest key players in the 2nd leg.

Lazio 1-3 Fiorentina (Serie A)

View attachment 295360
A really good performance to beat Lazio 3-1 at their place.

Hull City 1-2 Fiorentina (Europa League 2nd Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 295359
Advantage to us as we win at Hull & take a narrow lead back to Italy.

Fiorentina 2-3 Inter Milan (Serie A)
View attachment 295355
Our winning streak of 11 straight wins ends at the hands of Inter Milan.

Fiorentina 1-1 Hull City (Europa League 2nd Knockout Round / 2nd Leg)
Fiorentina win 3-2 on Aggregate
View attachment 295351
We were pretty dominant, but only managed a 1-1 draw. We still go through 3-2 on aggregate.

Juventus 3-1 Fiorentina (Serie A)
View attachment 295350
We were comfortably beaten by runaway league leaders Juventus.

Serie A Table

View attachment 295349
We are still 2nd, but AC Milan are now only a point behind us. Juventus are 15 points clear at the top.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 295348
Juan Cuadrado continues to be brilliant for us.​

Are you going to sell Cuardrado to make it more realistic or are you planning on keeping him?

Are you going to sell Cuardrado to make it more realistic or are you planning on keeping him?

I'll definitely be keeping him, he's my best player. I don't think there would be another winger as good as him willing to join us right now.