I seem to remember last year there was an attribute patch on release day, compared to the beta, so we may see a form upgrade.

he's nether been the best english player... far from it
Have you been watching the same Carrick as everyone else? He may not make the most obvious contributions to games, but he certainly does make a difference. He deserves an upgrade, to be fair, even if it's slight.

Have you been watching the same Carrick as everyone else? He may not make the most obvious contributions to games, but he certainly does make a difference. He deserves an upgrade, to be fair, even if it's slight.

The thing is though, his stats whwre really good in FM13 for the duties he is actually carrying out so in my opinion, he did not need a raise in stats. ( perhaps in some mental stats, he has grown older so a slight raise in decision and consistency?)

The thing is though, his stats whwre really good in FM13 for the duties he is actually carrying out so in my opinion, he did not need a raise in stats.
Fair enough, then, I wasn't sure how good he was in FM13.

Correct, this is just the BETA, forgot all about that. This code is not the final release.

It'll be the same database probably, don't expect major changes. Oh and Carrick doesn't need a increase. His attributes in FM13 were absolutely spot on.

Yeah I think this is pretty much the same database. Suarez and Sturridge are essentially the same. Coutinho has had an upgrade though. And Coates/Borini have been downgraded.

Thanks a lot man. For me he looks better than Dzeko this year. I wonder how's his PA. Nevertheless, can be insane as DLF.

To me, the Carrick love given by the media and the Man Utd players last season wasn't deserved. He did well at home against the whipping boys, but went missing in the bigger games.

Moyes has already sussed out that his midfield is a smouldering wreck. I agree that Carrick's ratings should hold firm

Sturridge needs upgraded. Pretty much the same as last year even though he has been scoring almost 1 in 1.

Mignolet needs an upgrade, so far he's been absolutely useless for me

Sturridge needs upgraded. Pretty much the same as last year even though he has been scoring almost 1 in 1.

Good form doesn't equal good stats. I had a ManU save on FM11 (or 12, can't remember) where Macheda banged in about 15 goals at the beginning of the season, then went off the boil.

To me, the Carrick love given by the media and the Man Utd players last season wasn't deserved. He did well at home against the whipping boys, but went missing in the bigger games.

Moyes has already sussed out that his midfield is a smouldering wreck. I agree that Carrick's ratings should hold firm

It's too simplistic to say that Carrick 'did well at home against the whipping boys'. If you had watched teams play against United in the last 4-5 seasons, they have found it hard to strike a balance between pressing Carrick (therefore stopping United controlling the game) and sitting deep to close out the forwards and wingers.

Pressing a 'top team' like United is always very risky and has only paid off recently because of the poor form of United's wingers/forwards (with the exception of Rooney who has scored quite a few, but hardly any from open play).

Other 'top teams' can press United because they know their players can usually cope with the attacking quality, hence why Carrick 'goes missing' in big games. There are very few proper world class players that can cope with 2-3 players pressing them hard, the shocking thing is that Carrick pulls out some incredible passes from these very scenarios, even when he generally is closed out of games.

His stats are spot on, had a United save on FM13 and I bossed the league with him winning player of the season because I contructed the team around his talents.

I think Billy Jones should be upgraded, he's not developed at all in the last 2yrs according to FM lol

What about Verratti ? He was a beast on FM13. Does he perform exact the same on FM14 ?

And its football " fans" like you that don't understand why players like Carrick are so underrated, Carrick is not there to score goals and assist, even though he does chip in every now and then. he is there to control the game which is exactly what he does. he keeps the ball for us. and every game makes vital interceptions. And for that reason if we didn't have him last season there is no way we would have won the league. just because he isn't flash like ronaldo or got a bullet right foot on him like gerrard, does not mean he is not world class